Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
VORTEC Nitro - your thoughts? >

VORTEC Nitro - your thoughts?

VORTEC Nitro - your thoughts?

Old 01-15-2007, 01:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kaptn
I propose that the top three clubs of 2006 with entrants hold the three events for this year on the 5th Sundays allocated. They would be Mornington, SERCCC, Bendigo. Geelong still to hold the Fourth event in support of that club and their relocation to a new track.
That certainly sounds better than the 6 Meetings
Old 01-15-2007, 01:20 AM
Tech Regular

yeh good point skip, therefore an individual format makes it more interesting as you are competing in a points race with others in the same class. Could spark up the interest a bit more?
Old 01-15-2007, 01:22 AM
Tech Regular

If you commit to race you have allready spent your $10.00.
Old 01-15-2007, 01:25 AM
Tech Champion

yeh good point skip, therefore an individual format makes it more interesting as you are competing in a points race with others in the same class. Could spark up the interest a bit more?
Yeh although Team Format is Great Idea ... I dont really know how we could do it a fair way , I mean we just don't have the resources ( Yet ) We are wroking on it though

Have appointment next week with the Local Newspaper for a Photo Shoot and Promotional Piece
Old 01-15-2007, 01:39 AM
NT
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by VoneSkip
Yeh although Team Format is Great Idea ... I dont really know how we could do it a fair way , I mean we just don't have the resources ( Yet ) We are wroking on it though

Have appointment next week with the Local Newspaper for a Photo Shoot and Promotional Piece
Hair and makeup will take a bit of effort
Old 01-15-2007, 01:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Troublemaker

I know at the Club I was racing at they thought that you couldn't run more than 4 in one class, they didn't know that the top 4 finishers counted.

Thanks to RC Tech we found out, and a couple of the Kids raced and did very well.

Might sound weird but who cares !!!!.

Anyone that enters runs.

If 21 entries then the points are 21 down to 1 for each class. Must start to make the numbers.
Old 01-15-2007, 01:52 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by pkmck111
I know at the Club I was racing at they thought that you couldn't run more than 4 in one class, they didn't know that the top 4 finishers counted.

Thanks to RC Tech we found out, and a couple of the Kids raced and did very well.

Might sound weird but who cares !!!!.

Anyone that enters runs.

If 21 entries then the points are 21 down to 1 for each class. Must start to make the numbers.
Missed the most important part, make it on percentage, just like Glenn McGrath's bowling average, sum up the amount of drivers and round contested and then divide the points by that ?
Old 01-15-2007, 02:21 AM

3+1 meetings a year, points added up, dubble points for last meeting
2 classes only just keep it SIMPLE. I like what Luo said.
Old 01-15-2007, 02:27 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by pkmck111
Missed the most important part, make it on percentage, just like Glenn McGrath's bowling average, sum up the amount of drivers and round contested and then divide the points by that ?
Doing an Average thing could Work .. For the Team Format to Work Well and Survive ..
Old 01-15-2007, 02:52 AM
Tech Regular

Average system no good - why, do you really want to have young drivers turned away from competing because they are not up the standard as judged by people at clubs who want to focus more on winning VORTEC rather than numbers?

We thought that points for your 4 best placed drivers in each class was the best way to go.

VORTEC is about doing your best. Racing the best and beating the best if you can.

I would not blink an eye in sacrificing the trophy in favour of entering as many people from my club as possible. That is far more important, for my members and also the host club in getting as many people there as possible.
Old 01-15-2007, 02:57 AM
Tech Champion

I would not blink an eye in sacrificing the trophy in favour of entering as many people from my club as possible. That is far more important, for my members and also the host club in getting as many people there as possible.
Well in that Case .. Just Scrap the Whole Team Format ... Then no -one is disadvatged ... For example serccc have 15 Drivers bendigo 8 serccc have far greater chance of filling more spots in the top 3 that way they score more points... then it gets back to Teams wanting to do well and Win .. Then we lose the Fun Asspect ... Go to all Individual and a fun gathering of RC Racers ...
Old 01-15-2007, 02:59 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Sp Racer
Ok, I'll go first!

Proposal for Vortec to change current "TEAM" competition format to an "Individual" format from season 2007 and beyond.

Reason for this change is due to the lack of numbers from majority of clubs to field a FULL team of drivers to be competitive in the points race of the competition.

The format should perhaps be changed to an individual format under the following guidelines:

1. All current rules and regulations relating to classes to be kept. - open to discussion..
2. Drivers will now compete as an individuals at VORTEC meetings.
3. The amount of VORTEC meetings to be returned to Four including state titles instead of 5 plus State titles
4. A driver in a class will receive points depending on his/her finishing position in the round. The points will be based on the amount of drivers in that class.
5. Starting position for next VORTEC round will depend on your amount of points you currently hold.
6. Round 4 will be double points round and will be a two day event.
7. Entry to Vortec challenge will be $10.00
8. An Additional $10.00 will be paid on your first event for that year. This money will go towards trophies and shield for end of year - open to discussion
9. Trophies will be awarded to the top ten placed competitors at the end of the year. The winner from each respective class will also have their name engraved on a perpetual Shield.
10. Individuals will be responsible for entry of themselves for each VORTEC event.
11. Entry can be done by clicking on Vortec entry link on SERCCC VORTEC page where we then work out heats based on current rankings Etc…
12. Payment on day will be acceptable.

Please feel free to add anything else.

Lue
What he said.
Old 01-15-2007, 03:44 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by turtle
What he said.
I agree too. Have the VORTEC's on the 3, 5 Sunday months and then the 4th round on the first weekend in December as it has been for a while.

Bugger Castlemaine just changed to the first Sunday of the month. Looks like only 9 rounds at Castlemaine this year. BUGGER !!!!!
Old 01-15-2007, 04:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Lue,
Originally Posted by Sp Racer
Proposal for Vortec to change current "TEAM" competition format to an "Individual" format from season 2007 and beyond.
This bit I don't quite comprehend. Isn't the point of the VORTEC series to be club against club?
4. A driver in a class will receive points depending on his/her finishing position in the round. The points will be based on the amount of drivers in that class.
I reckon this is one of the better ideas. Possibly offering double points for the three podium places...

Cache Ya,
Craig.
Old 01-15-2007, 05:35 AM
Tech Master

Average system no good - why, do you really want to have young drivers turned away from competing because they are not up the standard as judged by people at clubs who want to focus more on winning VORTEC rather than numbers?

We thought that points for your 4 best placed drivers in each class was the best way to go.

VORTEC is about doing your best. Racing the best and beating the best if you can.

At the moment the numbers are so that we are struggling to get 10 for the finals.

How do we get new numbers to club meets without inspiring them to go through the classes when they are only trying to beat 9 others at the VORTEC Inter Club. Having more clubs would be good but how do we start ?

I live in Werribee but there isn't enough people down here that know what they are doing with their cars to start up anything meaningful (me included). The best way to learn is to go to the VORTEC's and ask the GOOD racers (at the moment).

I seen a kid at Castlemaine that was doing OK, but after the VORTEC down there he improved out of sight.

Phil Dud

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.