Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
Keilor Off Road Track >

Keilor Off Road Track

Keilor Off Road Track

Old 01-09-2007, 05:24 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Keilor Off Road Track

Does anyone know if there's plans to repair/upgrade this track? I'd be happy to help out in any way I can.
Old 01-09-2007, 09:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If you are into nitro off-road. Melb meeting on the 28th at land next to ace karts in sunshine.
Old 01-09-2007, 09:51 PM
Tech Rookie

Yes, thanks, i've seen that already and i will be there, but i'm just wondering on what the future holds for this little track. It's just nice to have a couple around and this one is getting a little dilapidated. When I was there just bashing around someone came up and asked if I've heard of the track being upgraded or repaired, to which I had no reply. I guess I'm just wondering if anyone else has heard of the future status for this track.

Anyone?

. _____[ \___
.[_ __ ]
Old 01-09-2007, 10:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

The track was vandalised.

It's very difficult to do any track maintainance in the middle of summer without any water, or earthmoving equipment.
Shovel, Mattock, forget it......

Keilor is designed as an EP track, Nitro cars are not really suited for it.

Hopefully Ron's new track close by will balance things out a bit.
Old 01-09-2007, 11:05 PM
Tech Master

isnt there supposed to be a new electric venue already found??
Old 01-11-2007, 06:19 AM
Tech Initiate

This track has a deep history....more so than any electric track in AU. It would be a travesty to let it die. Even being interstate...I would support any activity that got KEORCA back on the map.....
R.I.P Peter Orchard.
Old 01-11-2007, 12:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Ash Peeler has organised for the McClures to come down from Castlemaine and repair the track. However he hasnt had any response yet from the club members although he has left messages with 2 people to call him back in regard to a date....
Old 01-11-2007, 02:42 PM
Tech Master

im not sure if the club is reluctant to fully rebuild again(at the current site) after the last one at that location was destroyed...

plus the council is really making life hard.....

where is this new facility? anyone from the club? is it just hot air?
Old 01-11-2007, 03:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Hi,
I am a member at Keilor Onroad and there has been discussion that the council is gonna re develop the surrounding area and move the onroad and offroad tracks to a different location more to the highway i think. But this isnt going to happen for a few more years. The onroad guys have put in a proposal for covered pit area, etc at the new location.
Old 01-11-2007, 05:11 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by cantona
im not sure if the club is reluctant to fully rebuild again(at the current site) after the last one at that location was destroyed...

plus the council is really making life hard.....

where is this new facility? anyone from the club? is it just hot air?
slightly off topic, love the avatar Matt, its a little dark, want a better one? Nothing like the fear of thinking your motel room is about to be shot up by some gangsters!
Old 01-11-2007, 05:28 PM
Tech Master

I am aware of the relocation proposal for both clubs, but as was also stated, it will be in sometime.....

I think the club has more means now than it has in the last couple of years to do something, especially with the world wide swing back to the dirt starting to gain alot more momentum.

moley- hehehe true dude, looks like they were after the lighter fluid anyway...!!
Old 01-11-2007, 06:02 PM
Tech Elite

Well there's a track there already, and the means to fix it.... All someone needs to do is ring Ash back..
Old 01-11-2007, 06:14 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Fast XXXS
Hi,
I am a member at Keilor Onroad and there has been discussion that the council is gonna re develop the surrounding area and move the onroad and offroad tracks to a different location more to the highway i think. But this isnt going to happen for a few more years. The onroad guys have put in a proposal for covered pit area, etc at the new location.
The Council have a plan to move the offroad and onroad tracks over near where the soccer club is. It is an 8-15 year plan, but that doesn't mean we are going to wait that long. The council is going to move all the footy ovals and put in some more soccer grounds. Keilor Park footy club it suspose 2 b moved over to where the offroad club is and then all the soccer gorund moved down + more added. I'm sure there will be working bee's to repair the damage that has happend to the track. As the Fuhrer said, no water and no machinery makes it very hard.
Old 01-11-2007, 10:25 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Bendigo off road

Could someone tell were about is the track in bendigo..and what's going on in sunshine on the 28 th jenuary
Old 01-12-2007, 04:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The track in Bendigo is on Victoria Street, Eaglehawk. Just behind the BMX track.

As for Sunshine, the site is at the end of Carrington Drive, off Ballarat Road near the Ring Road. It's the old BMX track. More details on the meet can be found in the MORRCC forum at http://nitrobuggies.com

You'll also find a Bendigo And Districts Offroad forum at the same site.

Cache Ya,
Craig.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.