Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
EP Offroad Nats Maitland - Control Tyre? >

EP Offroad Nats Maitland - Control Tyre?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EP Offroad Nats Maitland - Control Tyre?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 02:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Turn it up Tony, you weren't at the Vic's, a control tire event!
Old 01-09-2007, 02:20 AM
Tech Master

Ok thanks chris for the information.

Hey guys, Have you ever thought that the XXX might be for something else that he does in his spare time?
Old 01-09-2007, 02:28 AM
TJ
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by The Fuhrer
Turn it up Tony, you weren't at the Vic's, a control tire event!
So Fuhrer what happened at the VIC's

Thanks XXX-Chris for your comments 3 days great.I can't see any thing happening in three days.
Heads up Maitland you are doing a great job don't let them pull you down. What I have read so far sounds like a passage from a movie I saw on TV called "Dodgeball" ( it involves a certain action and a door knob).
This meeting is going to be the biggest event in the last ten years and I'm glad that Maitland has it. They have the very best interest of the SPORT at heart and they will do there very best to put on this event.
Old 01-09-2007, 02:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

TJ,

There were no significant problems at the Vic's. That is my point. Talk is cheap.
Tony was not there.

I will say however: Organising control tires is not easy!
We are heading into the second year of spec tires, so the outlook is good.
Maitland is the biggest Offroad club in the country, I'm sure they will show better form than what we saw in WA.
Old 01-09-2007, 02:49 AM
TJ
Tech Champion

I wasn't suggesting things went wrong. I was interested on how you were able to do the control tires.

Yes its not easy but I know that this event will leave all in its wake.

TJ,

There were no significant problems at the Vic's. That is my point. Talk is cheap.
Tony was not there.

Maitland is the biggest Offroad club in the country, I'm sure they will show better form than what we saw in WA.
Old 01-09-2007, 02:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

TJ,

Tony was not there.

ah yes the vics... if memory serves me the 4wd front was in limited supply to say the least!!!!! our only saving grace was they did not wear. great track that!

as for the nats at least some thought has gone in to it this time. we learnt from the states and obviously the club is aiming to make it fair and easy to police. good idea.

tony I doubt if they have been in discussion with tyre importers and governing bodies we are going to be left short of tyres.

cannon, if you have not been in the discussions for tyre supply then you may not make a buck out of this one its what they call pre-sales....

lineburner XXX is the middle man caus he like being in the middle of men hence his name cheap shot chris i know, but he opened you up!
Old 01-09-2007, 03:07 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Ben,

Just wanting to know if the club is the only allowed source of tyres for a tyre that doesn't need to be marked because it is only available in one compound.

That way I know whether to start legal action under ACCC regulations

I will wait for the announcement on Friday
Old 01-09-2007, 03:11 AM
Tech Elite

yeah friday is the big day... it should be a live webcast announcement, its got the interest for it!
Old 01-09-2007, 03:16 AM
Tech Champion

Ben,

The interesting part is that the rules state that the tyres must be available 4 months before the event. If it is to be a marked tyre where are the tyres? It is less than 4 months now
Old 01-09-2007, 03:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cannon
Ben,

Just wanting to know if the club is the only allowed source of tyres for a tyre that doesn't need to be marked because it is only available in one compound.

That way I know whether to start legal action under ACCC regulations

I will wait for the announcement on Friday
you don't need marked tyres for practise so retailer's selling them won't miss out. only using marked tyres for the event makes sense as it makes it easier for the scrutineer's and ensures a fairer event.
Old 01-09-2007, 03:36 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by cannon
Ben,

The interesting part is that the rules state that the tyres must be available 4 months before the event. If it is to be a marked tyre where are the tyres? It is less than 4 months now
good point!!! not that I have bothered to get the rules out then again maybe thats why the club started discussion in november. if it is a marked tyre they may have had them stocked away for months.

anyway I bet that rule is in relation to the tyre and compound ie. not a special tyre for the event. if it turns out it is a current tyre with a special marking that has been available but without the marking then it will comply with the rule.
Old 01-09-2007, 03:38 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jelly
you don't need marked tyres for practise so retailer's selling them won't miss out. only using marked tyres for the event makes sense as it makes it easier for the scrutineer's and ensures a fairer event.
exactly. so if you make the A main you have seven races and need 4 pairs of tyres for mod per class.
Old 01-09-2007, 03:50 AM
Tech Champion

Most people are missing the point. Virtually all ProLine tyres are made in only one compound ... M3. The problem at the last State titles was different compounds from Losi. This doesn't apply at this event because I have been told it is all ProLine. So scrutineering is simple.

AS long as marking is more than the Losi style. One cleaning of the tyre and the mark vanishes

Ben.... special marked tyres are different tyres even if the same pattern ( a bunch of lawyers could argue this for months and win) so the tyres have tio be available NOW. I dont see them ... do you?
Old 01-09-2007, 01:41 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Hey Cannon

What's up mate?

You don't seem happy? why?

Do you want to talk about it?

ChrisP
Old 01-09-2007, 02:08 PM
Tech Addict

hey chris can I be the middle man too! haha

Benny the master of making sense!

Cannon outta control, lawyers, legal action??? what the..... its all good baby, hugs and kisses... I like it when you talk dirty!

Its all gonna happen in two days apparently so everyone SHUTUP till then.. when it ticks over 12:01am Friday morning then start which I am sure some of you will...

The problem I see is that its a Pro Line tire to begin with..... ooooooh wait for it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.