Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
EP Offroad Nats Maitland - Control Tyre? >

EP Offroad Nats Maitland - Control Tyre?

EP Offroad Nats Maitland - Control Tyre?

Old 01-04-2007, 02:41 PM
Tech Initiate

cantona thats ok mate... maybe you and Jarrad can tell each other the crap noone else cares about haha
Old 01-04-2007, 04:35 PM
Tech Master

yeah goodo bumspasm, maybe you can keep hiding behind the false identity because your a weak c@nt.....!
Old 01-04-2007, 08:50 PM
Tech Adept

*cough* topic cantona and bumspasm!
Old 01-05-2007, 06:59 AM
Tech Master

Default tyres

Special markings, special batch, special compound.Really does it matter what compound it is.I agree with the other threads that proline only really make R3 and M3.Having tyres at the track is ok but means if you run three cars you will need about $300-$400 in your wallet just for tyres.It would be better to be able to stock up during the year so its not one big outlay at the end.And i have heard that the track will be grippy so running R3 tyres will go bald in half a run
Old 01-05-2007, 01:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nhodd
Special markings, special batch, special compound.Really does it matter what compound it is.I agree with the other threads that proline only really make R3 and M3.Having tyres at the track is ok but means if you run three cars you will need about $300-$400 in your wallet just for tyres.It would be better to be able to stock up during the year so its not one big outlay at the end.And i have heard that the track will be grippy so running R3 tyres will go bald in half a run
if it is a proline it will be the M3 trye and in mod you can squeeze out 3 runs from them. special markings would be great as it removes any possibility of tyre issues.

if proline can do that for our small market it would be great, given our small size though I am not sure about the possibility of it.

as for the cost of tyres, if the track does sell them its the same for everyone. just start putting money away now. my guess is if they do sell them the price will have to be good otherwise there will be dissent amongst the racers. and you only need to buy your race tryes from them anyway. What if they sell at a really competitive rate and you save money???
Old 01-05-2007, 02:26 PM
Tech Master

hats off to the club for undertaking the whole distribution of the tires for the race as its a big job. Once its known what sort they are everyone can buy their own practice tyres.
Old 01-05-2007, 05:42 PM
Tech Master

Default Tyres

I don't beleive that in AARCMCC rules their is a rule that states a control compound must be used and bought at the club hosting the event.I know about the control tyre ruling.If i'm wrong i stand corrected but to get rule changes approved don't we have to vote on it and if so isn't it a bit late for a nationals in 3 months Isn't this why we have a governing body
Old 01-05-2007, 06:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I think the control tires are HOLE SHOTS on 2WD buggy, truck and 4WD buggy.
Old 01-05-2007, 08:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MaTt 93
I think the control tires are HOLE SHOTS on 2WD buggy, truck and 4WD buggy.

what and get one run out of a set?

considering the maitland track is so abrasive, i dont think the holeshot would be the best choice.

Maybe the inside job would be better.
Old 01-05-2007, 08:53 PM
Tech Master

where are you guys getting the thought that the club will be supplying tires and there will be special markings on the sidewall?

did someone have a vision in a dream? cause i dont think the club could be bothered... and imagine the blow ups if they ran out of tires....

come on wake up!

i would say that 4wd will be one brands and 2wd will be the other, trucks... no one cares lol.
Old 01-05-2007, 08:55 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by cantona
odds on i wont even be there.... i dont care what tires they run.... they can run foams for all i care.....

and why wont you be there?

50 bux says after all the talkin' you will be there on the sunday for the cluby....
Old 01-05-2007, 08:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Nath,

If the AARCMCC rules were followed last year, the tyre choice could be spread between the two makers.

It's a hell of a lot easier to have two importers supplying.

Oh well, the rules were'nt follow last year now look whats happened......
Old 01-05-2007, 09:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Examining what has been said so far on tis thread:

* If it is ProLine Holeshots, then there is no real problem of supply because this tyre is readily available in Australia amd around the world. Therefore there is no real need for the club to force racers to buy their tyres from one source.

* If it is ProLine tyres bought only from the club then it is a blatant attempt to block some retailers of tyres from selling their tyres. It is not illegal to import and sell tyres in Australia. Parallel importing laws have seen to that. There are a number of retailers importing their own tyres and supporting the local clubs as well. Why should they be cut out ? This borders on the ACCC "restrictive trade" legislation which has enormous fines for such practices

* The importer supplying the tyres is not doing it out of generosity. They will still make their wholesale price so in effect they are not sponsoring anything.

All of this is dependant on whether the tyres are club controlled. Why not allow the club to have stock if they want to sell. That way racers have a choice... support their normal supplier of spares or support the club. As ProLine tyres are really only one compound there is no confusion over tyre compounds.

No doubt I will get howled down by supporters of one distributor
Old 01-05-2007, 09:54 PM
Tech Master

Default Trucks

Cmon tony get a truck it will give you something to do sunday of the nats
Old 01-05-2007, 09:56 PM
Tech Master

trucks pfff dont you mean spin out machines.... that what mine do

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.