XRC 1/5 SCALE CARS

Old 05-27-2007, 04:10 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Good racing today both in the XRC and open class .
Old 05-27-2007, 05:34 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default XRC CLASS

Hi Charlie,

I will be coming for the states and i am pumped and cant wait i have a new motor which has been modded and the lastest side pipe so hopefully weather permitting i can get out and test them before coming over.

I will be getting my xrc ready when i return as i may have a few customers coming for the finale later in the year so by the sounds of it i need to pull my finger out and put a BMV4 together to catch paul.

here are pics of my car before i come MB we will see what the fence does to this one

I will call you in the next couple of days Charlie.

P.s what happened to mitchell not in the top 8
Old 05-27-2007, 05:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by brewer
Hi Charlie,

I will be coming for the states and i am pumped and cant wait i have a new motor which has been modded and the latest side pipe so hopefully weather permitting i can get out and test them before coming over.

I will be getting my xrc ready when i return as i may have a few customers coming for the finale later in the year so by the sounds of it i need to pull my finger out and put a BMV4 together to catch Paul.

here are pics of my car before i come MB we will see what the fence does to this one

I will call you in the next couple of days Charlie.

P.s what happened to Mitchell not in the top 8
Good to hear you are ready but don't get a big head cause that leads no where.

The reason i wasn't in the top 8 was, that i chewed my inner lay shaft gear this, happened after 4 laps due to loss of spacer prior to the beginning of the meeting, this caused the gear to move around which made the diff gear miss a tooth therefore shredding the gear.

Cheers
Mitchell

P.S: word off advice watch out for that Neil character, i read sabotage all over him

P.P.S: I think we have bolted down all the fences so none should jump in front of you.
Old 05-27-2007, 05:56 AM
Tech Addict

Last edited by Nova JP; 08-02-2007 at 06:18 AM.
Old 05-27-2007, 03:01 PM
Tech Addict

Default XRC CLASS

Originally Posted by Drake_wallride
Good to hear you are ready but don't get a big head cause that leads no where.

The reason i wasn't in the top 8 was, that i chewed my inner lay shaft gear this, happened after 4 laps due to loss of spacer prior to the beginning of the meeting, this caused the gear to move around which made the diff gear miss a tooth therefore shredding the gear.

Cheers
Mitchell

P.S: word off advice watch out for that Neil character, i read sabotage all over him

P.P.S: I think we have bolted down all the fences so none should jump in front of you.

Hi Mitchell, no big heads here i am more looking forward to catching up with xrc drivers and learning a bucket load from the harm drivers over there. Sounds like you need a new pit man, uncle isnt cutting the mustard in prepping your car to have silly things like that go wrong.
Old 05-27-2007, 07:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

hey neil

in those 4 laps i was in 3rd place while you were in fifth.

An Brewer good to hear that your prept and ready, lets see if you can do better this time than last time with this new car.

Na uncle is doing a great job it was my fault, cause i saw the spacer on the track but i didn't know what it was so i didn't pick it up, so then we used washers which made the gear jump around.

And what day are you coming down?? And are you going to stay in casula again????

Cheers
Mitchell
Old 05-27-2007, 09:54 PM
Tech Addict

Old 05-28-2007, 01:10 AM
Tech Addict

Default harm

Originally Posted by Drake_wallride
hey neil

in those 4 laps i was in 3rd place while you were in fifth.

An Brewer good to hear that your prept and ready, lets see if you can do better this time than last time with this new car.

Na uncle is doing a great job it was my fault, cause i saw the spacer on the track but i didn't know what it was so i didn't pick it up, so then we used washers which made the gear jump around.

And what day are you coming down?? And are you going to stay in casula again????

Cheers
Mitchell
Mitch, I will be arriving on wednesday the 6th and will be staying with Garry. Hopefully i will have better luck this time.Im not overly concerned where i finish i just dont want to break anything.The speed of the has been good back here so im sure it will be okay over there.
Old 05-28-2007, 02:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

Whats the strength of the onroad cars like? Had a look at some place today called 'The 3 Amigos' they have the XRC cars for $650 both the onroad and that Buggy thing, just seems to dam cheap for a big car where the Lauterbacher's cost like 4x as much just for the chassis.
Are they made for racing or just for carpark bashing?
(just moved to Adelaide from Melb, thinking of moving away from 1/8 onroad)
Old 05-28-2007, 03:34 AM
Tech Addict

Default XRC CLASS

Welcome Flanker,

If you wanting to know anything about these xrc cars pm me your number and i will call you.As I am the SA distributor for them i can also help you with a race prepped one.We are very close to starting another class of xrc cars at a new venue so if you are keen to join others and race these cars let me know.
Old 05-28-2007, 03:45 AM
Tech Addict

Old 06-05-2007, 09:14 PM
Tech Addict

Default xrc 1/5 scale

i oh i oh its off to sydney we go.See you there guys i leave in approx 1hr and will be at the track from tommorrow so pop out if you can and have a chat,weather permitting it doesnt look good .Hey mitch any chance of removing the fences before i get there
Old 06-06-2007, 03:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default 6 volt batteries

Hi Guys i Have 4 sale custommade 6 volt 3600 mah battery packs with tamiya and jr plugs suit 1/5 scale brand new $50.00 call pete 0404 214177 or pm me
Thanks ALL SOLD

Last edited by PeterR; 06-18-2007 at 02:21 PM.
Old 06-07-2007, 12:51 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Weather doesn't look good at this point fingers crossed .
Old 06-13-2007, 03:00 AM
Tech Addict

Default XRC CLASS

Hi everyone,

Things seem to be a bit quiet on this threadplease share what has been happening.

A very big thankyou to Garry and lynn Kellett for their hospitality last week. Also to charlie and all the guys who put the effort into pumping water out of the track over the weekend.May be the club will recognise a problem and put actions in place to fix it Also maybe look at the surface as well as they are the worst conditions i have ever seen.It was very dissapointing to watch first grade drivers look like amateurs due to very poor surface conditions not to mention the damage bill to some cars.

Over all it was great catching up with everyone again and look forward to the XRC finale im sure it will be a ripper

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.