Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Whyalla Offroad Racing

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 08:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Thanks to all the whyalla guys for a great day's racing. it was the most fun i've had racing in ages, and definately worth the trip.
Old 03-11-2007, 08:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AusAnt
Oh shit yea forgot bout you glen, good stuff. Still a bit sus though...lol...well i couldn't ask for better feedback than that. I think the hobby in SA is much stronger now because of it, and thats the most important thing. Our guy's will be keen for states and for round 2 of the interclub challenge.

Anthony
i honestly dont beleive the fast lap of 24sec when all my others were around 30... i know 100% definate i didnt cut the track and gain 6 sec's coz if i run wide and go over the rope i always go back over again to do the proper full lap - i never keep going.. and if i turned early and cut over the last few ft before a turn i'd go real slow for a couple of seconds so i dont gain the time so it doenst make sense to me either way?

edit: aah that hairpin thats directly next to the timing loop (2nd to last hairpin) i did run real wide a couple of times there early on so maybe your timing gear has swiped an early lap for me? that would be about 6 seconds of track too..
Old 03-12-2007, 01:37 AM
Tech Regular

Yea that sounds about right Glen, oh well i'd still claim it..lol. Thanks Ringo, our club has definately got it's act together since last year. We are pretty well setup now. Just gotta get the on-road track up an running next door to the off-road track. The club just needs to get the money together for the slab of ashfelt (or what ever were gunna use).

Anthony
Old 03-12-2007, 06:30 PM
Tech Addict

Awsome!! Had a bloody ball and cant wait to catch up with ya all again. BTW i have 2 of yaour transponders + crystals, I will send them back ASAP. I just got a bit side tracked loading that pile of rope into the van, which went like a trooper on the way home 110 the whole way!!

I loved your track was soooo good to drive on such a smooth surface!! Lunch was greatn too. I didn't have a great run with a couple of engine changes etc, but im pretty sure I pulled off some of the biggest jumps on the back straight in my hellfire!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Nothing but good things to say guys.. Well Done
Old 03-12-2007, 06:37 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks to all the guys at Cascade for a great days racing. Your facilities are top notch (compared to MV lol)... The club rooms, pit benches, own water supply, and a fair amount of shade, and that oh so smoooth track. It was a nice challenge, and i had managed to dial out some of my rear end lack of traction problems, which i hope will also help at MV

Looking forwards to getting back up there at some stage to race again.
Old 03-12-2007, 10:57 PM
Tech Addict

Hey Ausant you need to get all the other cascade boys on this thread......
Old 03-13-2007, 01:41 AM
Tech Master

Glad you City Slickers had fun. Great to see you guys come up and i cant wait to come down their.
Old 03-14-2007, 10:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

just a reminder 2 all the Cascade guys my movies from the interclub meet can be found at:

http://www.zone3adelaide.com/rcmovies/integrated

Enjoy!
Old 03-15-2007, 03:31 AM
Tech Master

Hey Integrated,
I put your site addy on the NitroBashers website so people can go sus it out. I showed my school rc car club kids and my class and they loved them. Keep up the good work man.
Old 03-24-2007, 02:02 AM
Tech Regular

Well done to Jason (AKA Julius_makewar). Jason finished the day with 3 x 11 lap races and donminated the day. Paul (Aka muffler man) came in second with awesome consistancy as usual. Well i Got my first 10 lap race and finished 3rd so i'm not dissapointed Smiley. It was a great days racing that was almost called off because of rain. I'm hoping by the end of the year i'm up with Paul, Jason and Tim but i got more improvement to come. My 10 lap race was clocked up with about 15 seconds on the clock so i need to improve by another 15 to 20 seconds to make 11 laps. HOW!!!!..lol..i can't imagine that pace, let alone perform it.

Anthony
Old 08-01-2007, 05:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey guys, just wanted 2 say i am looking 4wards 2 comming up and racing with you all again, this time i have a better range of different tyres to try out, i am guessing the current tyre choice would be bowties? has anyone tried Proline Stepups yet, i was amazed when i used them at MV when the track was damp, the buggy handled like it was on rails!
Old 08-02-2007, 01:38 AM
Tech Master

I dont think bow ties have even been tried at Cascade before. Paul is having success with Losi step pins. GRP Atomics have worked, Panther Komodo 1 and 2 also. Proline Crimefighters were popular ( i prefer the others mentioned ). Tim has been using some other brand from the states, dunno what they are sorry, including a step pin pattern.
Old 08-02-2007, 01:57 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by julius_makewar
I dont think bow ties have even been tried at Cascade before. Paul is having success with Losi step pins. GRP Atomics have worked, Panther Komodo 1 and 2 also. Proline Crimefighters were popular ( i prefer the others mentioned ). Tim has been using some other brand from the states, dunno what they are sorry, including a step pin pattern.

i ran bowties last time out and got several wins, 6th in the A main overall with a factory issue rtr (no diff oils, stock shock oil) and a pull start motor that had a huge flat spot down low

i could drive the wheels off the thing consistently each lap coz it wasnt quick enough to be over-driven.

got er' running great now and ill be on new GRP atomic's
Old 08-12-2007, 11:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

New movie up guys from the Whyalla vs SDMCC Interclub meet round 3:

http://www.zone3adelaide.com/rcmovies/integrated
Old 08-16-2007, 03:36 AM
Tech Rookie

Default interclub rocks

let me start by thanking all the adelaide guys 4 rocking up and making 4 a madass metting.had awfull time with my hotbodies bug/trug,first time racing them!had heaps of fun anyway.i will get em sorted one day!then i might have 2 learn 2 drive lol! thanks, Womp!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.