Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Talking gold, pure gold

that pic is gold Bundy_Bear
Old 12-11-2006, 01:38 AM
B4
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Without wanting to start a flame war and not backing the actions of any individual I made the following observations.

Kelly did generally what he has done all year and that is drive for points and try not to be in position that can get you punted.

He has made mistakes and those of you that are mistake free please stand up now and take a bow.

Over the course of the weekend Craig drove like every race was his last. In the first two races he clearly had a better car and whilst in front of Rick wanted to push to the point where he could have an accident.

In the second race he told his team that Garth was starting to block and after Garth did it again after getting a warning the Toll driver rightly received a drive through penalty.

If Craig wants others to play by the rules then they need to be applied to him equally. He was clearly not on the racing line when the tap came from Rick as he was trying to block Rick. Looking at the footage the only reason Craig ran into Todd was that he was on the dirty part of the track and didn't have the grip.

You will agree or disagree with my observations the choice is yours and i don't care either way. The case has been heard and decided and the champion is the person who managed their season the best and in this case it was Rick Kelly.
Old 12-11-2006, 02:47 AM
Tech Regular

[QUOTE=

If Craig wants others to play by the rules then they need to be applied to him equally. He was clearly not on the racing line when the tap came from Rick as he was trying to block Rick. Looking at the footage the only reason Craig ran into Todd was that he was on the dirty part of the track and didn't have the grip.

If Rick Kelly is such a good driver and Craig Lowndes was not driving on the racing line, why was Rick so close behind him unless he saw the chance to give him a tap .
Old 12-11-2006, 02:58 AM
Suspended

this might clear up why Lowndes was not on the racing line,
It was taken from another forum from someone that was at that corner spectating

Well.... this is an interesting one. I was actually at the track, on that VERY corner!! I saw it happen in the flesh with all of the leadup and there are many questions that have to asked, most of which do NOT relate to Rick Kelly.

Why on earth was Todd going so slow into that corner when all weekend he had been dominant?? I think we have a fair idea, or conspiracy theory on that one, but the fact of the matter is that THAT is what caused the accident. This is how I saw it happen.

Todd had a fairly decent sized lead (nothing major, but Lowndes was not all over the back of Todd by any stretch) and came around the Southern Loop all guns blazing. In the background, Kelly was really beginning to hassle Lowndes and WAS right up his ass all the way around Southern Loop. Lowndes brakes late in order to fend off Rick. Lowndes then realises that he is all of a sudden all over Todd and almost had to take a different line (further inside) in order to not collect the back of him earlier into the corner. This meant that Rick, who was already committed to the corner braking very late (on the inside already to try and overtake Lowndes too) and knowing that he needed to beat Lowndes to take the championship, was left with not a lot to do. There are always more sides of the story which people quite often don't think about when they are so passionate about something.
Old 12-11-2006, 03:30 AM
B4
Tech Addict

I wrote my comments with no bias towards manufacturer or driver. Both are good drivers or they wouldn't be there and battling for the championship. The stewards have access to information that none of us do and that is what they based their decision on today. Things are not always what they appear to be from the outside.
Old 12-11-2006, 03:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Meh, the head steward, Colin Bond, has had it in for Ford since the '77 Bathurst decision where the Ford Team manager forced him to finish second.

Supposely on a Melbourne Sport radio station this afternoon they were interviewing Ambrose, who is in the country at the moment. He said if Kelly or any of the HRT boys pulled that stunt with deliberate blocking or hitting in the NASCAR/Truck racing, the next race the other competitors would smash them off the track. No holds barred

Bring on next year. Hopefully the top Holden teams will be too busy trying to get the VE Commodores working that it will give the Ford drivers a head start.
Old 12-11-2006, 04:34 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Well craig has just got to look past this event the support for him is far greater than the kelly's will ever be. Next season will be an oval event
Old 12-11-2006, 04:35 AM
B4
Tech Addict

The last post on this subject and then it is over to you all to continue the debate.

blah blah blah
Old 12-11-2006, 04:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

This is GOLD

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/RICK-KELLY-VZ...QQcmdZViewItem

BB
Old 12-11-2006, 05:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Talking hahahaha

that truly was gold
Old 12-11-2006, 06:14 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ernie
If Rick Kelly is such a good driver and Craig Lowndes was not driving on the racing line, why was Rick so close behind him unless he saw the chance to give him a tap .
Why was Rick so close? Do you actually watch any V8 supercar racing? It's racing, they don't follow the two second gap rule.

Bring on next year. Hopefully the top Holden teams will be too busy trying to get the VE Commodores working that it will give the Ford drivers a head start.
Apparently, Ford have already made a complaint about VE so the new cars will not be far removed from the VZ's they are replacing. Most of the changes are cosmetic.

Couldn't agree more. I had forgotten the reduced grip from being off the racing line.
Old 12-11-2006, 03:02 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Turbine_au
Apparently, Ford have already made a complaint about VE so the new cars will not be far removed from the VZ's they are replacing. Most of the changes are cosmetic.
The VE was actually too big for the V8 regulations, not due to Ford's issue with it. Re-read the facts than come out with statements like that
Old 12-11-2006, 05:22 PM
Tech Regular

[QUOTE=Turbine_au]

[QUOTE]

Don't you think shortening the VE by 93mm to make it fit the wheel base rules warrants some sort of complaint.If Ford did something like that Mr Tom Wankingshore would do more than complain,I bet he would want to sue some one,
Old 12-11-2006, 07:02 PM
Tech Champion

Wallpaper for 2007

Last edited by black-knight; 10-14-2008 at 04:13 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.