Fair Racing

Old 12-10-2006, 05:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Molky
What was he meant to do? Drive around on Lowndes tail waiting for him to pull over? I think people are forgetting this is racing and incidents happen. I'm no fan of Rick Kelly, but he had an opportunity and he went for it and he messed it up (if you look at the footage both of them went in way too hot). It's guys having a go that make the racing interesting. These guys are human remember and they do make mistakes, im sure none of you never made a mistake racing an RC Car. Anyone that thinks he did it deliberatly really needs to really get over it and look foward to next season.
Hey Molky, i fear i didnt make myself clear... judging by the tone of your response

To me, it looked like a racing incident between two drivers, who were neck and neck - and had the championship resting on a 140km sprint.

Considering the behavior of AVESCO over the past 9 months - who, it would appear on face value, have somewhat manipulated the outcomes of several races.... and obviously they got their wish - two drivers on the same point count coming into the last leg of the last round of the season.

I mean really, the penalty given to Tander was pretty outrageous.

If i were R Kelly or C Lowndes, i would have been VERY wary of possible intervention from race control. I would have gone out of my way to be extremely conservative, because it was clear to EVERYONE that the slightest "error" would have been pounced upon.

Even you acknowledge it was a mistake... even an honest mistake is going to be penalised in the current V8SC climate.

As I said previous, I wonder if Lowndes would have made the corner anyway even if Rick didn't hit him. He was going in extremely hot into that corner.
A good observation. Considering R Kelly had just as much trouble pulling it up as lowndes did.... it would have been interesting to see what happened if they had not touched. Would either of them have made it?

BTW im interested to know how the BA is the most successful touring car of all time?
Dont take my word for it mate Facts speak for themselves. I did actually state it was Australian BTW.

Taken from:

http://www.v8supercar.com.au/news/la...=&gid=22353886

"Since its debut in 2003, the BA Falcon has set the standard in V8 Supercar racing. It's taken 29 round wins, three Drivers' titles, three Teams' championships, and most importantly to Ford, three Manufacturers' trophies.

The next best record is the Holden Commodore VT with 26 round wins."
Old 12-10-2006, 06:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bit_Rusty
Hey Molky, i fear i didnt make myself clear... judging by the tone of your response

To me, it looked like a racing incident between two drivers, who were neck and neck - and had the championship resting on a 140km sprint.

Considering the behavior of AVESCO over the past 9 months - who, it would appear on face value, have somewhat manipulated the outcomes of several races.... and obviously they got their wish - two drivers on the same point count coming into the last leg of the last round of the season.

I mean really, the penalty given to Tander was pretty outrageous.

If i were R Kelly or C Lowndes, i would have been VERY wary of possible intervention from race control. I would have gone out of my way to be extremely conservative, because it was clear to EVERYONE that the slightest "error" would have been pounced upon.

Even you acknowledge it was a mistake... even an honest mistake is going to be penalised in the current V8SC climate.

A good observation. Considering R Kelly had just as much trouble pulling it up as lowndes did.... it would have been interesting to see what happened if they had not touched. Would either of them have made it?

Dont take my word for it mate Facts speak for themselves. I did actually state it was Australian BTW.

Taken from:

http://www.v8supercar.com.au/news/la...=&gid=22353886

"Since its debut in 2003, the BA Falcon has set the standard in V8 Supercar racing. It's taken 29 round wins, three Drivers' titles, three Teams' championships, and most importantly to Ford, three Manufacturers' trophies.

The next best record is the Holden Commodore VT with 26 round wins."
Fair enough, I've just read so many comments on a few forums with so much emotion involved and that doesn't provide a heathy discussion, and as Crompton pointed out yesterday there needs some better definition of what is blocking etc etc as there has been some dubious calls this year.

What I would really like to see is some data showing braking points for both cars compared to laps in the race 2, I reckon both would have been way late on the brakes/

Its a shame it ended that way, but looking back its been a great year of racing, Bathurst was awesome, there's been some really good talent emerging with Winterbottom getting fast, Tasman Motorsport becoming a good front running team, Jaime Whincup coming foward in leaps and bounds, im just looking foward to 2007.

The thing about the BA being the most successful car sounds like a bit of a Ford spin on things, I'd argue the VT-VX was the most successful car as it was the same car apart from a cosmetic change of head lights and tailights, took 4 championships and 4 Bathursts
Old 12-10-2006, 06:22 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by nexxus
From someone who's actually driven a V8 Supercar (did some testing in Konika a few yrs ago) Rick Kelly's move was both impatient and a deliberate attempt to unsettle Lowndes.

He needs the book thrown at him.
Have you got ESP with Rick Kelly?
Old 12-10-2006, 09:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

remember captain chaos? (aka wayne gardner in a V8sc)

theres a new king, Carnage kelly... hes even worse!
the big surfers incident, wasnt that also kelly?

i wonder what history making stoush he will cause next season?
Old 12-10-2006, 11:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oblivion

theres a new king, Carnage kelly... hes even worse!
the big surfers incident, wasnt that also kelly?

Didn't he take Bright out of the championship that year also
Old 12-10-2006, 11:52 PM
Tech Champion

Its like stock racing...just ask Damo Zarb lol
Old 12-10-2006, 11:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Molky
Fair enough, I've just read so many comments on a few forums with so much emotion involved and that doesn't provide a heathy discussion,
Yeah, i'll drink to that. Lol - i learned a long time ago that there's little to be gained from arguments based on which wholly owned subsiduary of an American automotive company you happen to purchase your vehicles from.

Tell ya what, i wouldnt kick a new VE Clubby out of bed for farting
Old 12-11-2006, 12:04 AM
Tech Adept

Rick Kelly's actions remind me of the Micheal Schumacher/ Damon Hill incident, very poor sportsmanship. The most disappointing thing about the championship for me is we have another mediocre champion just like Ingal last year. I think Rick Kelly has had 1 race win and 0 round wins pretty ordinary figure to be crowned champion.
Old 12-11-2006, 12:15 AM
Tech Addict

if you look at rick kelly's results so far, how many times has he gone too hot into the first corner of the race only to ruin someone elses weekend?
IMO he doesn't think things through before he acts.
Old 12-11-2006, 12:23 AM
Tech Master

Does anyone know what happened at the hearing today?

I am a holden man myself, but Rick needs to be spanked for that move. He took out Ldownes (what's that all about btw) fair and square. As someone said, very Schumacher-esque.

-Scott
Old 12-11-2006, 12:26 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ae_ntc3
IMO he doesn't think
well said
Old 12-11-2006, 12:34 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ozoner
... He took out Ldownes (what's that all about btw)...
That would be Lnowdes and its part of 888's sponsorship with Vodafone for next year. The Vodafone slogan at the moment is 'Make the Most of Now' and some smart cookie thought that it would be good to have part of the slogan on the car. Obviously this person is the next Einstein because no one else got it.
Old 12-11-2006, 12:40 AM
Suspended

Kelly held onto the tittle, piss poor effort by all involved and Kelly to come out and say in an interview on the news that Lowndes ran into him and that unsettled his car was utter crap, the dick doesn't know what to say, in an earlier interview he said Lowndes had ran into his brother Todd first, maybe he should look at the replays first before shooting his mouth off
Old 12-11-2006, 12:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Reckless Kelly!

This picture of the new 2007 Reckless Kelly paint scheme sums it up:

BB
Attached Thumbnails Fair Racing-rick_1.jpg  
Old 12-11-2006, 12:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

There will be a PR shortly i would say... but triple 8 case has been dismissed and RK is official 2006 champion.

BB

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.