Wiki Posts
Search

IMPORTANT :R/C SUPPORT IN AUSTRALIA KEEP IT CLEAN AND SERIOUS PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 09:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Default Xray

Xray have the right idea by relatively fixing their prices so no matter where in the world you buy an item, the price is almost the same.
I bought my T2R from RC Hobby Hanger for just under $350, yet i could have purchased it OS for US$200 + freight which would have boosted it up to over AUS$300. RC Hobby Hanger supports SMA, so for the extra couple of bucks i prefer to buy it from them. The other thing is RC Hobby Hanger keeps a huge supply of Xray parts, so if i break something, i know i can get spares reasonably quickly.
Last night the number 1 driver (sorry Adam) for Team Willard Racing blew up a speedie and motor. Pat from RC Hobby Hanger had spares in stock and delivered it to him at the track (mind you Pat won 540 on the night), now that is service.

Andrew
Old 11-21-2006, 10:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have found a problem with the importers more so than the lhs.

To be told the importer/distributor has no stock is shamefull. If you are going to import things (or tell ppl you are ) then it would probably be a good idea to actually get it in.

There is also the problem of some manufacturers having multiple suppliers of the same product. The lhs starts shopping around for there own best price to the point where the importer makes bugger all profit and gives the line the ass because there is no coin to be made. I have seen this happen before in my own industry and it seems that all the importers get the shits at the same time. So all of a sudden you go from haveing an overabundance of suplliers to zero. Stocks run out fast and then that flash new kit you bought 3 months ago breaks and you wind up having to go os just to get parts.

I do think at the end of the day it does come down to $$.

Just my 0.02 cents
Old 11-21-2006, 10:35 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Rod M

the more competition there is the more realistic the pricing will be,
Old 11-21-2006, 10:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Andrew Barr
Xray have the right idea by relatively fixing their prices so no matter where in the world you buy an item, the price is almost the same.
I bought my T2R from RC Hobby Hanger for just under $350, yet i could have purchased it OS for US$200 + freight which would have boosted it up to over AUS$300. RC Hobby Hanger supports SMA, so for the extra couple of bucks i prefer to buy it from them. The other thing is RC Hobby Hanger keeps a huge supply of Xray parts, so if i break something, i know i can get spares reasonably quickly.
Last night the number 1 driver (sorry Adam) for Team Willard Racing blew up a speedie and motor. Pat from RC Hobby Hanger had spares in stock and delivered it to him at the track (mind you Pat won 540 on the night), now that is service.

Andrew
Yep, can't say thanks enough to Pat for bringing a new 19T motor last night for me, now I just have to get around to the shop and pay for it.... on the credit card of course.

Pat is a great supporter of our hobby, I needed RRR parts, Pat didn't have them, got them in for me and some for the shop as well. Figured if I needed them someone else probably would too.

Mind you when I needed a new chassis for the RRR, Pat got that in for me too and when he told me the price HE paid for it....... well lets just say there was no profit on that sale for Pat. Considereing I could have got the same part OS delivered for 1/5 the price in Aus..........I think the distributers need to look at what THEY charge for parts.
Old 11-21-2006, 10:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dee_vee_eight
Yep, can't say thanks enough to Pat for bringing a new 19T motor last night for me, now I just have to get around to the shop and pay for it.... on the credit card of course.

Pat is a great supporter of our hobby, I needed RRR parts, Pat didn't have them, got them in for me and some for the shop as well. Figured if I needed them someone else probably would too.

Mind you when I needed a new chassis for the RRR, Pat got that in for me too and when he told me the price HE paid for it....... well lets just say there was no profit on that sale for Pat. Considereing I could have got the same part OS delivered for 1/5 the price in Aus..........I think the distributers need to look at what THEY charge for parts.
Everyone have have spoken to regarding Kyosho parts have either had trouble getting them or have had a bad experience dealing with the wholesaler. I think everyone knows who that is!!!!
Old 11-21-2006, 11:08 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

In my opinion, The service for hardcore races in australia is crap.
I normally buy from Towers, not a local store, the main reason is, tower has what we need in stock and there. I have a TC3 and a TC4, the Australian distributer is kellots? correct me if im wrong. We search local hobby shops but most dont have the part or dont even know what you are talking about...

So we head to kellots which is about an Hour journey for us, about 9 out of 10 times even they dont have what we need... They offer to order it in for us which will take a couple weeks. The we try tower hobbies, and, what do ya know, they have it IN STOCK and can be delivered later that week or the next to OUR DOOR for most of the time a CHEAPER PRICE.

What we need IMO is a dedicated shop to hardcore racers, one they stocks all the main brands like XRAY and Associated ect. One that when you turn up to a store and they have everything you need to race. Things as simple as pinions and spurs (some hobby shops looked at me like i was crazy when i asked for these), Decent battery packs, Body's, tyre warmers, anything a hardcore racer needs, it needs to be there in stock and not on order for 2 weeks when you can get it from other overseas shops that can have it here in the week.

Also we need some employees of the local hobby shops that actually know what their doing. I ask a simple question that racers at the track could give an answer to straight off the top of their head and the people working at the hobby shop um and err and go round asking other employees, they simply dont know...

Shops like Feral Batteries is a perfect example of what we need, most stuff is there in stock and he knows his stuff... Really knows his stuff... We need more shops like that which stock the parts and accessories you need and know what there talking about....

Anyways that my opinion...
Thanks
JTM
Old 11-21-2006, 11:22 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JTM29
....What we need IMO is a dedicated shop to hardcore racers, one they stocks all the main brands like XRAY and Associated ect. One that when you turn up to a store and they have everything you need to race. Things as simple as pinions and spurs (some hobby shops looked at me like i was crazy when i asked for these), Decent battery packs, Body's, tyre warmers, anything a hardcore racer needs, it needs to be there in stock and not on order for 2 weeks when you can get it from other overseas shops that can have it here in the week.....
I'm positive there are those type of shops in every capital city. For instance, Ryper Hobbies in Perth does this and we have only 2 onroad tracks and a couple of offroad clubs.
Old 11-22-2006, 12:15 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tc4wally
I have found a problem with the importers more so than the lhs.

To be told the importer/distributor has no stock is shamefull. If you are going to import things (or tell ppl you are ) then it would probably be a good idea to actually get it in.

There is also the problem of some manufacturers having multiple suppliers of the same product. The lhs starts shopping around for there own best price to the point where the importer makes bugger all profit and gives the line the ass because there is no coin to be made. I have seen this happen before in my own industry and it seems that all the importers get the shits at the same time. So all of a sudden you go from haveing an overabundance of suplliers to zero. Stocks run out fast and then that flash new kit you bought 3 months ago breaks and you wind up having to go os just to get parts.

I do think at the end of the day it does come down to $$.

Just my 0.02 cents
If the LHS tells you the importer has no stock, check with the importer. You might be surprised to find out that they do have stock and the LHS hasn't bothered. It works both ways.
Old 11-22-2006, 12:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Andrew Barr
I dead set have no idea how it happened! I remember talking to david thompson (spelling?) and making sure i put the shims back in the right place, just like i always do....

Pat is great though, when i had my trinity i decided to stop going to CMC and buy through pat, he always had time to listen to my description of the part i needed and order the equivalent, as the trinity manual and kfactory manual werent the same.
Old 11-22-2006, 03:44 AM
Tech Rookie

Cool fake Novarossi

Angello,

Apologise for chasing you been sending you fax's if I don't get info they need by 23rd the fake Novarossi motors will continue to be sold as discussed.

I hope you get to read this in time.
Old 11-22-2006, 10:02 AM
Tech Regular

the main problem i have with things in aussie is the time it takes to get stuff, i have been waiting nearly 6 weeks for sum proline bowties.. i could have had them from overseas by now. with in 2 weeks and also at nearly half the cost... but i went local to keep the guy there bascially..

but yeah for me it is the time factor in which i get the parts and then cost...

my tyres could be there, but i dont know i have had no contact from the shop to let me know( service again) and iam not going to pop in everyda 2 days to see if they there.... but my lhs said the importer ran out? could this happen on such a popular item? are the importer that hopeless?
Old 11-22-2006, 01:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)
Default Stock Levels

I would check with your lhs as i doubt if the importer has run out of this product.The levels of stock they keep are alot.I think that maybe the shop has not paid his bill so he is on stop credit or he has not ordered them.This is what is the case most of the time.

Thats my 2 cents worth
Old 11-22-2006, 04:54 PM
Tech Master

Teamcobraracing/ Angelo, i wasnt going to reply but seing how your last post was one of the more intelligent in this thread and probably the forum, i thought i might aswell throw my 2c in, for what its worth. you seem like a genuine kinda guy.

online stores with stock levels are great. i can see if something is in stock or not instead of waiting a week and wondering why my parts didnt arrive, only to find out one item was not in stock and they were too lazy to email me. sometimes i have seen a product low on stock so i have purchased extra now so i dont miss out in a few wks time.. mrcmodelcarparts.com.au is my favourite, followed closely by rchobbies...
for local service on proline or HPI stuff u cant go past the great guys at RChobbyZone.com.au. theyre only new but support our club immensly (sp?) and have a true passion for the hobby instead of a passion for the customers $$.

in shop service: the staff dont have to know everything, to expect so would be to have unreasonable expectations of them.
but it'd be nice if they admitted when somethings out of their league instead of guessing or feeding you bogus advice like "its a single stage airfilter. its what u need... theres no such thing as a better one for dusty offroad use" (a load of bs from an elecy car racer)

i had a serious chat to a store owner as to why i buy a car from them but then have to buy parts & hopups etc overseas because there is huge waits for parts when SMS, the distributor is right here in Adelaide not more than 15mins drive away... well i was told they have this thing where the shops have a minimum order $$value from them so they make us all wait till they get a decent order to reach the minimum. this forces delays on us the customer and makes us go to grey importers or OS.

SMS have this ridiculous idea that "they have flooded the market with their parts" and so declined other new stores like rchobbyzone.com.au from buying stock from them.. flooded the market??what a ridiculous thing to say especially when they would have bought large amounts of stock so me + others never had to buy OS or even interstate again.. but once again, they shoot themselves in the foot and force us to go elsewhere.

attitudes need to change, and it has to start with the distributors attracting ppl to buy local instead of penalizing you with higher prices + overly long waits.
Old 11-22-2006, 06:20 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

"quote"--i had a serious chat to a store owner as to why i buy a car from them but then have to buy parts & hopups etc overseas because there is huge waits for parts when SMS, the distributor is right here in Adelaide not more than 15mins drive away... well i was told they have this thing where the shops have a minimum order $$value from them so they make us all wait till they get a decent order to reach the minimum. this forces delays on us the customer and makes us go to grey importers or OS."quote'

SMS do not have a miniumum order value or quantity on TRAXXAS parts. LHS can order $5.00 worth or $500 worth. Freight is charged on the weight of the item not on the cost of the item. So there is no excuse except for SMS not having stock why LHS cant order parts.

Most other major wholesalers of rc cars and parts in AUS do not have minimum order quatities either, retailers just have to pay freight. So the idea of miniumum orders quantities should not be an excuse for lhs as to why they cant get parts.

As a LHS owner I can see both sides of the story. Mr/Mrs public wants the best price possible and thats understandable in todays times. But as a retailer we have our overheads to consider. Rent,wages,super ann., electricity,phone the list goes on and on. Unfortunately we have to run higher margins than overseas suppliers to cover our costs. Costs that OS suppliers dont have. We deal only with Australian suppliers(thats our choice), this helps with warranty and other related issues.

It is however frustrating when the public comes in with super cheap, internet purchased car and want spare parts for it from us. I am annoyed at the attitude of , " why dont you have parts for this car". If you buy the car from my shop I will keep most spare parts for it or will do my best to get parts for it.It may take a week to 10 days but I will get them in. I also agree that having to wait 4-6 weeks is unacceptable as well.

It is hard for the LHS to know what parts to keep for each car. Not every part gets broken and I do not want to keep stock/parts on my shelf that is not turning over.

Yes as a LHS it does come down to money.Its a job thats why we do it. A majority of people who go to work each day go for the wage/money they get. Not for the love of it. I guarentee people would not work for lower wage to help their employer out. So I can not lower my margins to stop people purchasing overseas. I would just go out of business.

I will always support australian suppliers who support me. Its up to each person as who they choose to support. As a LHS I know who in our area supports us and who shops overseas. The people who support with me will always get better prices and service than those who only come to me when there desperate and cant get parts overseas. Just remember when you go a race meet and they have raffles and giveaways. These items all come from local suppliers and hobby shops, not overseas suppliers.

People will always want the cheapest price possible, thats human nature. Dont expect me to give cheaper prices to you when it suits you to shop with me.

I guess it all comes down to personal choice as to whether people want to support Australian suppliers/employers and employees or overseas companies.

The choice is yours?.
Old 11-22-2006, 06:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

Dear Gents and ladies
sorry i had to put that in before jasmin sneddon kills me as she is a racer as well lol.

well anyway its true about the bow tie ans store isnt being dishonest to you .its because the tyre won the world championships in jakarta and there was a mass of orders world wide for the bow tie and proline couldnt keep up .so its not the distributors fault or the stores .

as for the minimum amount orders from distributors is a load of crap i do know though that there are about 3 big guns in distribution who are like that ,but hey its you guys that support them .

we will send out even a screw just one if the hobby store is willing to pay for the freight we dont have minimum orders you buy what you want and how many you want and not what we want to sell you .you must keep your customers happy thats the way i see it .customer realtionship and support is the best way of growing your business.

now us with team cobra and himoto racing and novarossi are setting up a worldwide email customer support service department to answer all your questions even if its not our product we will be happy to help out .there will be a minimum of 5 people at a time answering your questions.names like steven drygalla ,michael sneddon,tom drygalla,regan leblanc usa,tony pinkston usa,dario balestri italy,peter and steven jovanovic aus,lomberto collari italy,federico brachi italy,clint van eshe w.a,jason dyckoff qld,niki kong hk,nick jaber aus,

so there you go guys worldwide support from australias and overseas biggest names.

On another note us team cobra face in Australia is with implementing new products and trying to get people to believe in them .im not in the business of producing garbage i wont stand for that .

as for proline they are the best at the moment but manufacture in the usa .the problem that they are facing is they cant go overseas to manufacture and the reason why is quality .china isnt the best or is taiwan ,but they are the best when you have western influence and people in those countries that you can trust in busines and quality.

most factories in china you cant trust at all.but we benefit from our partnership with himoto racing were they speak english and chinese and they also know all the top factories in china .most westerners are affraid to come into these parts of the world to manufacture and they will get ripped off in a big way .

im in china at the moment in a place called donguan city and let me tell you someting i have been here for over a week and havent seen not one westerner in the streets at all .donguan is chinas biggest manufacturing city and industrial haven but how many factories can you trust without someone knowing who there really are .

if team cobras products were so bad then why is the top end challenge in darwin using th team cobra mamba off road tyre as a control tyre for it biggest meeting in australia's history the $5000 challenge.

we have alot of retail stores sometimes contact our suppliers complainning that they cant get parts from us .but to be honest these shops havnt even contacted us at all i know .and most are on credit stop .its like feeding a dog he will take and eat everything until he gets sick right??? so if you give and give a retail store everything allthe time without payment then you will go broke and they will declare bankrupt and you wont receive a cent putting your family at the expense of someone else on the street .so please dont believe everything you hear we are distributors and its being told to you by us .

we in Australia have to start to think differently and give everything a go .we have proven this many times over with testing in europe and asia and the usa as well as australia that yes we can compete with proline and panther and others becuase we have proven lap times that have showed us this many times over .

we are also in the process of desiging a new 1/10th scale gp on road pro kit which will be known as the jovanovic signature series.and also on road tyres foam with no chunking made in the same factory which a friend of mine owns which manufacture the popular kyosho tyres that no one can get right???

we are only trying to help the Aussies here the racer and the rtr guy with multiple supply of parts and product.

gone are the days of not being able to get parts asap well from our product anyway i can speak about others .

come on guys lets make a change for the better .

by the way this email has just cost me $12 AUD in the hotel but who cares it worth worth every penny.

we can do this i know we can .

saying goodbuy from hong kong at the moment .

see you at a race meeting sometime come and say hello and i might hook you up witha chinese bride .lol

with maximum respect Angelo Economou .team cobra racing owner and himoto racing general manager /Australian novarossi distributor ,power save racing filters,vp batteries.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.