Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ESC Repairers?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2006, 03:08 AM
Tech Adept

Default ESC Repairers?

Does anyone have any contacts who fix esc's? (novak gtx & Ko VFS1) I have a couple of speedys which need some tlc! pls pm me with thier details! thanks!
Old 11-19-2006, 05:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

No, no, dont PM, post it here and make it public. I have a Novak Cyclone TC2 with blown fets.

Matt.
Old 11-19-2006, 06:45 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I can, but if the micro chip is busted, forget about it.You will never find a replacement as they were made/designed specifically for the manufaturer. You have to send it to them for repair. Fets? Lucky if the manufaturer did not scraped of the original spec and put their own code, there's a chace to find a replacement semiconductor and other semis are easy to produce.

You can send it to me guys for a 'quick look (no charge)' if it's repairable (if I can repair it). I was a TV techinician before

Cheers
Edgar
Old 11-19-2006, 01:43 PM
Tech Adept

Fixing speed controllers? There used to be a fellow named Peter Stubis who could fix speed controllers and the like. He was around the Castle Hill area I think. Trevor Johnstone should be able to track him down when he gets back from Japan.

Not sure about the KO, but any NOVAK speed control purchased locally does have an excellent warranty or re-manufacture policy.
1. If it is broken due to a manufacturing fault (not likely), then it will be sent back to NOVAK to be investigated and taken care of.
2. If you have broken it inadvertantly, you should be able to take the advantage of the RMF policy.

Enquire through your local hobby store where you bought them.
If you got them on the net, then you can try to pursue warranty through the company you purchased through.

Regards,
Old 11-19-2006, 04:50 PM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

Peter Stubis repaired an ESC for me, worked good as new, I would have no hesitation using him again, I have his number somewhere, I'll post it when I find it.
Old 11-19-2006, 05:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

His name is Peter Stubis. He lives in Castle Hill. He is the only Stubis in Castle Hill. Dont post his number up here. Some people dont want there details on websites. Just look it up
Old 11-19-2006, 06:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Have sent you PM with his number.
Regards
Gary