Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
Team LES DORMAN shield Challenge >

Team LES DORMAN shield Challenge

Team LES DORMAN shield Challenge

Old 10-30-2006, 01:31 PM

Default Team LES DORMAN shield Challenge

It gives me great pleasure in announcing the Team LES DORMAN Shield Challenge which will be hosted by the Windsor Hobby Center and Raceway.

First of all, I would like to thanks Mr LES DORMAN, current team owner of the same name and all round top bloke.

Venu:
Windsor Hobbies
Date:
22nd December 2006

Practice: from 6pm
Racing kicks off at 7:30pm sharp

Rules:
Cars will be spot checked on the race day.
Open tyres. traction compound may be used. NO Braso to be used next to the track. It stains the cement.

Classes: One class. Motors permitted are Stock motors (monster, CO27, etc..., 540 MECCA (fan), std 540 silver cans, 540 sports tuned.

Racing comprises of 3 five(5) min. heats and 3 finals for "A" final. "B" final onwards will only have one (1) final.

Shield will be presented to the winning driver at the end of the night. All driver, young and old, are encouraged to attend and race for your club!

All enquiries about the night or rules can be directed to Windsor

I had the pleasure of talking to Mr DORMAN and once again, I would like to thank MR DORMAN for his continued support and look forward to him rising through the ranks with his new XRAY!

Main aim of this race meet is to have fun.

Last edited by Les Dorman's PA; 11-01-2006 at 05:22 PM.
Old 10-30-2006, 01:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Please... No more
Old 10-30-2006, 02:17 PM

Why? You can use Tire Traction compound Painy.
Old 10-30-2006, 02:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default No more

No more, ...........why Mr Painy, cant you handle a bit of fun and the truth, sorry, i thought you told me to piss off from YOUR site when i was a bit serious when you went on with defamatory remarks and legal threats, etc etc and you said you just wanted to have a bit of fun and dont take anything serious............sorry for doing that. You may be able to run in the shield as everybody will be using traction compound, so your crew need not sneak up to the start line, any problems, come and see me anytime and we will talk about it. I AM NOT BOB DEATH for your info, just got the same good first name
AUSSIE BOB AND PROUD OF IT
Old 10-30-2006, 02:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I'm up for it.

It's about time you decided to come along to Castle Hill for a run Corey.
Old 10-30-2006, 02:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AUSSIE BOB
No more, ...........why Mr Painy, cant you handle a bit of fun and the truth, sorry, i thought you told me to piss off from YOUR site when i was a bit serious when you went on with defamatory remarks and legal threats, etc etc and you said you just wanted to have a bit of fun and dont take anything serious............sorry for doing that. You may be able to run in the shield as everybody will be using traction compound, so your crew need not sneak up to the start line, any problems, come and see me anytime and we will talk about it. I AM NOT BOB DEATH for your info, just got the same good first name
AUSSIE BOB AND PROUD OF IT
GO BOBBY..... Yeah Whooo Hoooo
Old 10-30-2006, 02:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Is this a gee up or is it serious? I can't see why not, the 15th is a non-pointscore round at the Hill and I don't think there is any racing there on the 22nd anyway. Could be wrong on that point but it is not yet on the calendar.

It would add some interest to the racing pre-Christmas.
Old 10-30-2006, 02:56 PM

On a serious note, Madman, this is for real.

You have just highlighted the reason why these dates were chosen. According to your Castle Hill web site, it states that 15th is a non pointscore night (can someone correct me if this has changed?). Second, the site doesn't mention that there is any racing on the 22nd, whereas, at Windsor, I have been told they will race on the 22nd.

As you can see, so far, everything with timing is falling into place. It will be good to have a race meet with a little humour on the side and hopefully give drivers from both clubs a very enjoyable 2 nights worth of racing. Also, I want to encourage the Novices of both clubs. This will also give them a taste of what it is like to race with other clubs involved.
Old 10-30-2006, 03:13 PM
Tech Elite

Sounds like fun Mr PA. By the way, is your second name Artist? Count me in but there has to be some thought in terms of how you equalise the number of drivers for each club and if drivers are allowed to run multiple classes. Might I suggest you count the best, however many, drivers from each club. That way everyone can potentially contribute to their team.
Old 10-30-2006, 03:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mad Mackem
Sounds like fun Mr PA. By the way, is your second name Artist? Count me in but there has to be some thought in terms of how you equalise the number of drivers for each club and if drivers are allowed to run multiple classes. Might I suggest you count the best, however many, drivers from each club. That way everyone can potentially contribute to their team.
SMA might have to blow in and be part of this series! Sorry to spoil your aspirations of victory Should be a good warm up for the club challenge next year
Old 10-30-2006, 03:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Rody
SMA might have to blow in and be part of this series! Sorry to spoil your aspirations of victory Should be a good warm up for the club challenge next year
This could end up a larger event than the club challenge!!!!
Old 10-30-2006, 03:38 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Mad Mackem

Now in English please......
Old 10-30-2006, 03:45 PM
Tech Elite

Sorry Rock, I should stick to words of no more than one syllable for you. Bugger, there I go again.
Old 10-30-2006, 04:35 PM

Madman,
One driver, one class.

I know ppl love racing different classes, but We have a time factor to think about here.

Guys, I have been told off someone that races at Castle Hill that time can be a factor. We don't want to still be racing around at 3am. From the feedback so far, everyone is wanting a fun filled race time and a change from the highly competative enviroment of other races. We have to think about the time. Do we go down the path and say that the computer runs the event? 2 min between races and if you are not ready, you don't race? do we limit the heats to 4 min and 1 final instead of 5min heats and 3 finals? I think that a day race at the Hill is out of the question.

As for Windsor, we may be able to move it to a Saturday or Sunday. Depends on feedback.

I don't want this bigger than the club challenge! This was to settle a grudge between Dadaman and C.T.G.
Old 10-30-2006, 04:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Les Dorman's PA
...This was to settle a grudge between Dadaman and C.T.G.
Who said anything about a grudge? I just thought that we could have a good time racing.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.