Wiki Posts
Search

**The Australian 12th scale thread**

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 02:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by black-knight
Attached is some 12th bling.... 12x style (US Spec).
The 12x is a pretty piece of gear, i had good luck with the 12m although the tire thing was a pain, good to see that was addressed, howeever at a wholesale price of $400 +GST, i can only imagine what the retail price wouldc be. If the price was reasonable i would have no problems adding it to my 12th scale inventory

Though in those pics the shock is silver, please tell me the kit has a red shock to match the rest of the car?
Old 10-16-2006, 03:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i wouldnt mind, getting a 12th scale.

My two choices would be the associated, which will be awesome, or the new Corally looks very nice, plus i used to race a corally c4 and .1 in the day.
what anyones thoughts on either of these?

Also the racing down there is it close? there isnt only one or two guys who are dominating?

And final q, what additives are people using, for foam i like red dot in touring cars anyway.

cheers
anthony
Old 10-16-2006, 03:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Tony - there are a number of good racers but a lot of the really good drivers have not come out to play ......... YET

Traction compounds for Whalan ..... 30+ sunscreen ... works very well and doesn't give you cancer or nose bleeds like some of the other compounds
Old 10-16-2006, 03:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cannon
Tony - there are a number of good racers but a lot of the really good drivers have not come out to play ......... YET

Traction compounds for Whalan ..... 30+ sunscreen ... works very well and doesn't give you cancer or nose bleeds like some of the other compounds

haha, yeah i used to use sunscreen when i a young nugget and didnt know there was anything else...
Old 10-16-2006, 03:57 AM
Tech Addict

12th is making a 2nd comeback in as many years here in NZ as well, plenty of new cars and new drivers eager to wheel the cars especially as they are relatively cheap to race and fast

I have just purchased a Diggity Designs D12-V2 chassis and so far with the limited running I have had with it it seems to be very good, and it doesn't look too bad either!

Hopefully we will see plenty of you Aussies racing 12th at the Hobby Direct/Racing Lines International here in Auckland in mid January
Old 10-16-2006, 06:02 AM
Tech Champion

here are some pics of my actual 12x

Last edited by black-knight; 10-14-2008 at 04:13 PM.
Old 10-16-2006, 06:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Looks nice. Can I have a drive
Old 10-16-2006, 06:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I like the 4 cell pack in the centre on the diggity car - how hard is it to extract the pack from the car?

Not sure why so many manufacturers want us to tape cells into our cars (12th as well as tourers) - it's such a right royal pain in the butt if you ask me.

CRC have the right idea with the O-ring retention system.

-Scott
Old 10-16-2006, 06:08 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by ozoner
I like the 4 cell pack in the centre on the diggity car - how hard is it to extract the pack from the car?

Not sure why so many manufacturers want us to tape cells into our cars (12th as well as tourers) - it's such a right royal pain in the butt if you ask me.

-Scott

Tape is pure JAP SPEC lol. clearly faster!
Old 10-16-2006, 06:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Tape is pure JAP SPEC lol. clearly faster!

? ok. i think you're loosing "the touch" BK three words "not IMPLES-IVE enough" BK (typo intended)

ok here's why;

-first of all, you used blue tape. big no no. you should of used red tape, and if red was not available purple. (not available though is not an option true Japspec drivers search for red tape, or never run the car until they have it)

-second, you should have used all red cables. with a red anodised car, it's imperative you use red cabling throughout. (please view my 12th scale for working example )

-third that spectrum reciever is not, i repeat NOT japspec. it's the original version, it's large, it's a stupid ugly grey colour, and it isn't the latest model. Japspec certificate and authorisation papers stipulate you must run, and i quote 1) either the latest equipment, as used by only 1% of the racing population, 2) or anything released only maximum 2 weeks ago obviously you are doing point 2 with the 12th scale but point two is being nulified by the receiver. i'm disapointed. considering you are not to far from RC Hobby Hangar.

the rest is fine. you can go now. i'm slightly annoyed at the silver shock, but i guess comming from holland or belgium or wherever the hell the corally comes from, they can be excused. especialy due to extra JAPSPEC points they gained with the front end design.

post, edit:
i just realised the blue endbell motor and taking a look at the top shot of the car.... in the words of Japspec master miomoto hishifiti; when, colours from top mix and dragon is feeling the morning sun in eye, this meaning all the corours are frighting!

Last edited by TomB; 10-16-2006 at 06:35 AM.
Old 10-16-2006, 06:33 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by TomB
? ok. i think you're loosing "the touch" BK three words "not IMPLES-IVE enough" BK (typo intended)

ok here's why;

-first of all, you used blue tape. big no no. you should of used red tape, and if red was not available purple. (not available though is not an option true Japspec drivers search for red tape, or never run the car until they have it)

-second, you should have used all red cables. with a red anodised car, it's imperative you use red cabling throughout. (please view my 12th scale for working example )

-third that spectrum reciever is not, i repeat NOT japspec. it's the original version, it's large, it's a stupid ugly grey colour, and it isn't the latest model. Japspec certificate and authorisation papers stipulate you must run, and i quote 1) either the latest equipment, as used by only 1% of the racing population, 2) or anything released only maximum 2 weeks ago obviously you are doing point 2 with the 12th scale but point two is being nulified by the receiver. i'm disapointed. considering you are not to far from RC Hobby Hangar.

the rest is fine. you can go now. i'm slightly annoyed at the silver shock, but i guess comming from holland or belgium or wherever the hell the corally comes from, they can be excused. especialy due to extra JAPSPEC points they gained with the front end design.
If you want a Jap Spec 12th...get a Tech Racing Slit or Kawada. Tamiya refer to cell strapping as been "pure" their words not mine lol

I have a micro spektrum...reserved for the RDX. I had a red shock...sold it to Matt Leeming.
Old 10-16-2006, 06:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Wiring should also be only 16 gauge for the "pure" 12 scaler.
Old 10-16-2006, 06:43 AM
Tech Champion

If you want a Jap Spec 12th...get a Tech Racing Slit or Kawada. Tamiya refer to cell strapping as been "pure" their words not mine lol

I have a micro spektrum...reserved for the RDX. I had a red shock...sold it to Matt Leeming.
not implesive enough just one hick up, and you can be dethroned as japspec master. kids. please take this as an example. every empire has it's master, but as sure as the sun sets in the west, so is the fact that he will one day be dethroned....words of the japspec sensai people, not mine it's a sad day indeed....
Old 10-16-2006, 06:46 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by danjoy25
Wiring should also be only 16 gauge for the "pure" 12 scaler.
not true, recent amendments have now stipulated that 14 gauge is the "pure" cable now.
Old 10-16-2006, 02:31 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ozoner

-Scott
Not quite as easy to get the pack out as snipping some tape but way easier to put in. 3 screws on the top and the top deck lifts up, pull the old pack out and put the new pack in, no disconnecting shocks either

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.