Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2006, 07:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

great race by craig lowndes and jamie wincup
Old 10-08-2006, 07:32 PM
Tech Rookie

[QUOTE=xray racer]

I think a BIG congratulations must be said to all the Fujitsu series drivers racing in the main race on the weekend, i think the majority if not all of them did a fantastic job... in particular Jamie Whincup, and also James Courtney.

QUOTE]

ummm i think whincup races the 88 car normally not a fujitsu series car

remember... he won the clipsal this year too, he really is forgotten.
Old 10-08-2006, 08:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Talking GO THE FORDS

ive never really liked skaife, but definitely not after he told my sister in law and a few little kids in darwin when they were in the pits meeting drivers etc.

"im not signing any more shit,get out."

seton is the bloke id really like to see standing on the number one spot.
Old 10-08-2006, 10:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

No Skaife is just a tool, the way he talks and acts pisses me off, i am not denying his talent of success. And its not really cause of holden either cause i dont mind Tander or Todd kelly and a couple of others.

Really really happy about Lowndsey winning it he deserved it.

Go the blue oval
Old 10-08-2006, 10:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tony2
Is the reason all you ford supporters dislike skaife is that you are jealous of how successful he is?
And why are you happy that a ford could only win cause he DNFed, I was a ford supporter I would have been happier to see a ford win through a race but anyway.
Whoever says I hate him, you are a joke.
I personally am not jealous of his success on or off the race track and as i mentioned, i actually felt sorry for him and the HRT team. I saw him at Indy several years ago and the bloke was just acting like a tool and he came off looking bad in front of a lot of autograph hunters. Brock, Perkins and all other drivers were very approachable. He just comes off as sounding very arrogant and in a way, Russel Ingall is very similar. Just my opinion.

Skaife is s bit like Manly, you either like him or you dislike him. (Hate is a bit harsh).

Go the Blue Oval.
Old 10-08-2006, 10:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

now i know why Lowndes bought a 20ltr batch of Painy's Potion!
Old 10-08-2006, 11:01 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dallasv8
ive never really liked skaife, but definitely not after he told my sister in law and a few little kids in darwin when they were in the pits meeting drivers etc.

"im not signing any more shit,get out."

seton is the bloke id really like to see standing on the number one spot.

i was told the same thing by a lady about ambrose last year at bathurst.

I didnt believe her and i dont believe you. sorry, i have around the series for a long time, i have been to bathurst about 18 times, in my 22 year old life, i have never heard any driver to talk like that.

people have said it about every driver that has raced, but until i hear it for myself....
Old 10-08-2006, 11:04 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by nitro dave
now i know why Lowndes bought a 20ltr batch of Painy's Potion!

haha yeah all the fast guys drink it lol.
Old 10-09-2006, 12:22 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default HAVING A BITCH

1.Steven Richards doing numerous laps leaking oil on the track,and hence causing many slip-ups/accidents.Pitted and went back out no worries even though he wrecked other drivers race.

2.How pissed off must Jason Richards be after flying across the track at 280 k's and narrowly avoiding a massive roll over.Returns to the pits and tells them of steering failure and not going to get back in the car.
The head honcho's say they have fixed it so get back out there only to
loose steering once again and lucky to avoid serious injury in another incident.

3.To the idiot that put Paul Radisich into the tyre barricade,back to ABC driving school for you.
Old 10-09-2006, 12:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by tony2
Is the reason all you ford supporters dislike skaife is that you are jealous of how successful he is?
And why are you happy that a ford could only win cause he DNFed, I was a ford supporter I would have been happier to see a ford win through a race but anyway.
Whoever says I hate him, you are a joke. I have met him several times, nothing but a top bloke. Jealous of success, sort of like painy and TCS. Haha
I know little of this Painy and TCS... but yeah, Australia is the native home of Tall Poppy Syndrome isnt it tony?

I'm a ford man and a damn proud one at that. And yes, i dislike skaife immensely... because he's a threat to the teams that i support. Wouldnt say i hated him.... nor is jealousy a term i would use (heck, im not out there racing him... little to be jealous about!!). He's got a pretty good media personality and has done a LOT for the V8SC series that both Holden and Ford supporter should be thankful for.

I cheered when i saw the number 2 sitting maimed on mountain straight... but felt for him when they interviewed him just after. Oh well, it's a cruel game isnt it???

Great coverage on ch10 for their last bathurst as well. Tyre-cam on 888 was amazing and anyone who is learning how to setup an RC car's suspension should have been taking notes!!!!

But Lowndes, Whincup, Team Betta Electrical and 888 engineering - what a success story!!!! First win at the mountain since the GOLDEN days of the E-series falcon (lol, anyone remember when ford used to sell more cars than holden? I call them the "pre-AU" years haha). Steady, consistent pace showed all the guys who were trying to wring the neck out of those cars. Just because lee diffey likes the catch phrase "it's a 1000km sprint race"... doesnt make it true!!!!

And with the heritage that Lowndes has with the General Motors brigade, surely its a pleasing result regardless of the American owned local subsiduary that you support.

Thoughts go out to Porter and his family and also to those still recovering from injuries sustained over the weekend.
Old 10-09-2006, 12:51 AM
Tech Apprentice

As much as I hate Ford, Craig Lownes deserves this win. What a driver. True legend. Good onya Kelly brothers.

B4lake
Old 10-09-2006, 01:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Well done Lowndes and Whincup, you deserved it guys (and that comes from a Holden man).

And so so sorry to hear about Mark Porter. In these days of track safety being as good as it is, we sometimes forget just how inherently dangerous motorsport can be.

-Scott
Old 10-09-2006, 05:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robot
boo hoo to skaife , he's not the only talented driver out there, most never get to run in 1st class teams, now the shoes on the other foot why shouldn't us FORD fans live it up, now FORDS got the double up (Sandown and now Bathurst) the trifecter is just a stones throw away for FORD, Winners are grinners the losers can do what they like
Lap it up, you blue oval lot have been real quiet this time of year since '98...
I remember hearing a couple of months back that a couple of high profile Ford teams having a bitch that they would 'really not be a genuine chance at Bathurst this year because the parity issue between Ford & Holden has not been balanced". Judging by the speed of the 888 and SBR cars yesterday, there doesn't look to be too much wrong with them. 1st, 3rd and 4th seems to suggest differently!
(If memory serves, I think it was SBR & Brad Jones Racing that were complaining.)
I'm a born and bred Holden man, but if a Ford had to win yesterday, I'm glad it was Craig & Jamie. Great job guys.
Old 10-09-2006, 06:55 AM
Suspended

Wouldn't have mattered what FORD team won. It was still a BLUE day for holden fans. And to see numb nuts go out just after the first corner wasGOLD and to hear the Smurf drop his lollies and also that up start Jason Richards , mate i could've died and gone to heaven
Old 10-09-2006, 01:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Lightbulb troo

i wasnt kidding about my previous comment. my sister in law is a dead set holden fanatic,its something we argue about all the time.for her to say that about a holden driver it must have been pretty serious.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.