NOVAROSSI PRODUCTS

Old 09-28-2006, 06:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Originally Posted by teamcobraracing

PS :And to be really honest i was going to make a substancial donation to the penrith club from talking to joe forpida and nick jaber about facilities at the venue but the racers i see with attitudes that race there especially the guys who bad mouth me on this forum and dont even know me .
well it looks like the donation will be going elsewhere and to me thats sad that i had to make a decision like that .
Way to win support buddy!

I was going to give every racer a free engine... but now you picked on me I'm not going to. What a pointless statement. Must make you feel like a big man with your self made millions and 25% share in an OEM.

Tosser
Old 09-28-2006, 06:29 PM
Tech Champion

Dear consumers.

The delivery and tone of your original message may have been a little off putting hence the negative feedback. Preaching to potential customers is not always ideal.
Old 09-28-2006, 07:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

If indeed the concern is coming from Novarossi,then I think they are better off focussing on development of their own products and keeping an eye on their genuine competitors instead of worrying about asian syndicates producing counterfeit parts <-- must be a foolish business person to think that profit can be made from a niche small volume product with average margins (?).
We’re not exactly talking about swiss watches or handbags here ..
Old 09-28-2006, 07:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cannon
"How can a product be cheaper from the retailer in asia when its one price world wide from the factory and the asian dollar is much weaker than the Aus dollar."

You are either very naive or just stupid. ASk the likes of companies like Toy Traders about equal pricing around the world. The manufacturers charge different prices to different wholesalers depending on the size of purchase no matter what they tell you... end of story.

THe stores in Hong Kong have a habit of sealing articles ... it keeps the customers fingers out of the product. Also, have you seen the pollution in HK recently .... dust gets into everything

It just doesn't look very professional going out and bad mouthing o/s suppliers .... it just makes you look very desperate to sell product. Simply get on with good pricing and you will get the sales
Hmmm boooobies

BB
Old 09-28-2006, 07:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Dear consumers.

PS :And to be really honest i was going to make a substancial donation to the penrith club from talking to joe forpida and nick jaber about facilities at the venue but the racers i see with attitudes that race there especially the guys who bad mouth me on this forum and dont even know me .
well it looks like the donation will be going elsewhere and to me thats sad that i had to make a decision like that .
As Vice President of the Penrith club I find this very dissapointing. I have read this & the other related thread to find negative comments from actual racers that race at PDNR & cant find one. If you are serious about sponsorship feel free to give me a call on 0414 752 461. Cheers Steve O'Connor

Thanks Nick & Joe for passing on the good word.
Old 09-28-2006, 07:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

... donation to the penrith club from talking to joe forpida and nick jaber about facilities at the venue
Just a quick correction, i was seeking sponsorship on behalf of SMA.
Old 09-28-2006, 07:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rody
Just a quick correction, i was seeking sponsorship on behalf of SMA.
We were going to make you our new Publicity Officer
Old 09-28-2006, 08:25 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by robot
but why has this only come to light now, if it's been happening for a while, you can see why some are a bit weiry of this information
This is in general response to a good question by Robot..

I dont mean to flame but if logic would stand , where is the time limit for a discovery ? If people have been following Bush believing he is for real in the fight against terror and not just trying to line his pockets with oil... what if it took 50 years for people to finally believe it ? Does that mean its a suspicious discovery because its a late one ?

Same thing here , its come to light now , thank god Angelo had the balls and honesty to tell you about it . this is the very reason this sort of information is never told to people because of the hysteria caused by presumptions..

Logically speaking whats to stop you from still buying cheap knock offs even if you dont believe in warranty? Nothing .. If thats what you want then you are free to do so . And if the motors you buy dont have a particular number stamped on it then maybe it is a knock off, and on the other hand if finally a wholesaler of a top brand motor comes out with wanting to help with a warranty why jump on him like hes some sort of criminal.. isnt this going backwards ?

I dont get it either and i dont like to get into debates on these forums because i dont understand how people can just rubbish someone with good intentions.

Come on guys why not give the guy a chance and wait and see what happens , then youll know for sure.

Cheers MM
Old 09-28-2006, 08:32 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Berkky
i doubt if australia will ever have lower prices than in HK (duty free port) or Japan (where most of the parts originate), unless your willing to be make a guest appearance on Border Security

I hope somehow it could, so good luck teamcobra.

Brekky has a good point , we are slugged hard with taxes , especially since the GST . The Aust govt is fleecing us hard .

An importer pays GST and Duty on goods. When you sell it to a retailer they have to charge GST, when the retailer sells it to you they have to charge GST By the time you get it inot your hands its 30% more expensive that it should be . That 30% makes us not very competitive against OS traders.. Its unfortunate .. This is not just limited to RC by the way ..
Old 09-28-2006, 08:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I will tend to believe it when the Novarossi website says something about it.

Funny that no US based threads have even mentioned this??????

I will stick with the engine with great reliability and fantastic trackside support where I run.

RB

The OX

Last edited by The OX; 09-28-2006 at 08:48 PM.
Old 09-28-2006, 08:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The OX
Funny that no US based threads have even mentioned this??????
i hate to throw a spanner into the works but this is a good point
Old 09-28-2006, 08:49 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

come on massive, i don't know you but have heard of you and your great efforts to help, but with all the r/c around the world surelly someone would have let someone now there were cheap copies of a well known product hitting the streets, my god how do ppl get pics and articles about products that haven't been released, as for compareing the fight on terrorism to this is like chalk and cheese and there is more than oil to it, iv'e been down this road before, if a copy (and it can be anything)can do the same as an original at fraction of the price and do a better job if not equal is that not a good thing, have a look at after market parts same product done better and most time cheaper, i see that teamcobraracing has lined himself up with Himoto, which are the same as HSP which are copies of HPI with miner changes, there half the price of a HPI and do there job quite well for what they are and share parts, GOOD THING OR BAD THING
Old 09-28-2006, 10:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I spoke to Angelo at the worlds, and once before that. i don't know him personally but from what i know of himwhen talking to him at the worlds he seems like a good honest bloke. he's gone about all of this on RCtech the wrong way though in my opinion, and rubbed many loyal customers for another brand the wrong way....

i say forget this thread, wait until the products hit the stores, give him a good 4 or 5 months to cement his position within the hobby industry and then judge his business. if you want to judge him personally you'd have to speak to him to do that. judging someone over what they say in a forum is the wrong way to go about it.

i agree with what the Peno boys are saying though, Joe (JPM) is definately the watermark that a distributor of his size should judge themselves against, JPM definately knows how do do his thing!, and he does it very well.

good luck Angelo, with it, i hope you kick arse! (i'm more of a nova fan personally )

RB, Sirio, and now Novarossi all have good distributors, LET THE ENGINE WARS BEGIN!
Old 09-28-2006, 10:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TomB
RB, Sirio, and now Novarossi all have good distributors, LET THE ENGINE WARS BEGIN!
oww yeah, and how could i forget OS. my other favourite engine brand!
Old 09-28-2006, 10:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Although I have many friends who race at Penrith, I have not raced there in 12 months.

Please dont let my critisims reflect on that hard working club.

The OX

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.