Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Brushfarm Friday Night Racing - SRCORCC

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2003, 02:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I don't think it's on. I may be wrong but they meet on the 1st 3rd and 5th Fridays of the month. This Friday is the 4th of the month.

If I'm wrong please correct me as I wouldn't mind a run there myself.
Old 03-27-2003, 01:34 AM
Tom
Tech Regular

yeah its not on the coming 28th march- friday after is the next meeting

we had a ball last time it was on though
Old 03-27-2003, 03:41 AM
AC
Tech Regular

hey tom did you go last friday? i didnt, because i needed to give my batteries a rest for sunday!! lol
Old 05-05-2003, 10:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

So, hands up those guys who had a heap of fun on Friday Night at the farm.....No one. Well yes it was a bit of a sham. Plenty of car crashing by all (including myself). But what was the cause of all this mayhem ?. Was it the track or just the mood of the night. Or was there someother reason ?. I guess we will never really.

Anyway, I thought I would take the opportunity at the end of racing on Friday night to have a chat with Jennie (Operator of B'Farm). To cut a long story short, I basically told her the track layout was crap and needed to be improved, the track was way to big for the type of drivers stand we use (Hard to judge the back of the track when it's so far away), the track needs to be made perminant for a 6 month period (or something similar), and the track needs to be built in a way that won't break cars eg better curbing on fast corners. At the end of it I put my hand up to design a better track, but I think it should not just come from me. Everyone needs to get involved, from those that come to the farm when theres racing and those that turn up every so often.

So here it is. The draft layout that is planned to be used. Take a look and make comments on it's layout but there are things to remember. The track needs to be used by Newbies as well. We don't want them to become scaried and never return.

Brush Farm Track Layout

Finally just some notes. The dots are just that. I liked the small corner dots used at Hurstville. They are really only used on corners that could break the car. The drivers stand is at the very bottom of the page and the plan is to keep the track within a single court.

So get your comments coming so that I can get it to Jennie way before the next meet.

Old 05-05-2003, 11:08 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by QuickParrot
So, hands up those guys who had a heap of fun on Friday Night at the farm.....No one. Well yes it was a bit of a sham. Plenty of car crashing by all (including myself). But what was the cause of all this mayhem ?. Was it the track or just the mood of the night. Or was there someother reason ?. I guess we will never really.

Anyway, I thought I would take the opportunity at the end of racing on Friday night to have a chat with Jennie (Operator of B'Farm). To cut a long story short, I basically told her the track layout was crap and needed to be improved, the track was way to big for the type of drivers stand we use (Hard to judge the back of the track when it's so far away), the track needs to be made perminant for a 6 month period (or something similar), and the track needs to be built in a way that won't break cars eg better curbing on fast corners. At the end of it I put my hand up to design a better track, but I think it should not just come from me. Everyone needs to get involved, from those that come to the farm when theres racing and those that turn up every so often.

So here it is. The draft layout that is planned to be used. Take a look and make comments on it's layout but there are things to remember. The track needs to be used by Newbies as well. We don't want them to become scaried and never return.

Brush Farm Track Layout

Finally just some notes. The dots are just that. I liked the small corner dots used at Hurstville. They are really only used on corners that could break the car. The drivers stand is at the very bottom of the page and the plan is to keep the track within a single court.

So get your comments coming so that I can get it to Jennie way before the next meet.
Well for a start you have the stright at the wrong side. Should be tech section near the drivers stand. It's easy to go straight so put that on the other side.

But I never race at the farm so what do I know. Just a point, hope you don't mind

Coxy.
Old 05-06-2003, 02:43 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by Coxy
Well for a start you have the stright at the wrong side. Should be tech section near the drivers stand. It's easy to go straight so put that on the other side.

But I never race at the farm so what do I know. Just a point, hope you don't mind

Coxy.
All points are taken into account and this is exactly what I'm after and I think the farm should be after as well. Constructive criticism.

Anyway, I've modeled this layout on what I've seen at other tracks, for example Eastern creek, Moorebank etc. I've not seen heaps of tracks but most have the faster sections or main straights near the drivers stand.

How does the Hill have it layed out ?. I've never been there but I'd love to know and maybe one day (hopefully with my up and coming F201) race there.
Old 05-06-2003, 03:04 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by QuickParrot

Brush Farm Track Layout

I totally aggree with you, the track is crap........and those pipes are writing off cars cos they are sitting there, not locked into place. A small touch takes the whole section out of proportion and breaks cars (AC got unlucky and snaped an xray chassis in stock!)......

Jenny also lets anyone design the track. While this is a nice gesture, its just not practical for the racers.

Maby 6 months is a long time to have the same track, but 6 meets (3 months) would be good..... plus the currant track only allows for 90deg coners......no sweepers, this really sux

personally, I recon the key is locking the track into place and as coxy said, put the tech section near the drivers stand to give a better perspective when racing
Old 05-06-2003, 03:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by Slabism
I totally aggree with you, the track is crap........and those pipes are writing off cars cos they are sitting there, not locked into place. A small touch takes the whole section out of proportion and breaks cars (AC got unlucky and snaped an xray chassis in stock!)......

Jenny also lets anyone design the track. While this is a nice gesture, its just not practical for the racers.

Maby 6 months is a long time to have the same track, but 6 meets (3 months) would be good..... plus the currant track only allows for 90deg coners......no sweepers, this really sux

personally, I recon the key is locking the track into place and as coxy said, put the tech section near the drivers stand to give a better perspective when racing
I suggested to Jennie that some mods to the track itself will be needed. She said that she tried Velcro but that won't hold pipes into place when cars hit them. I'm trying to think of a solution. Sweepers are good but hard to design into a track with Pipes as layout. But in the current design I've attempted to place some semi sweepers and also to not rely on Hair Pines which really make the track stop and start.

As for the straight well we can rotate to track so that the straight is either on the side or the back of the track.

Keep the comments coming in and also if you have suggestions for the current design (the one posted here) then put down as much detail as possible. It will make my life easier when trying to put it into a layout.
Old 05-06-2003, 03:36 AM
Tom
Tech Regular

To start i will say i like the plan! and love the corner dots as they keep the cars of the pipes.

The problem with the track on friday was that it didnt stay together, people hit it and it moved across the racing line! Also, 10 cars in the A final was good, but the track has to be good to make it work.

I thought the track at the start of the year was good, and stayed together well. Thats cause i made it(not trying to be an ass) but you have to build it so it stays together. I mean, you need to use the sand bags to stop the pipes moving. That didnt happen last friday.

Next thing is on 2 sepperate times that night, some sand bags broke open and put crap all over the corner.

The damage toll from the night was high aswell, the last A final had like 5 DNFs. Something has to be done about that.
Old 05-06-2003, 07:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Track Layout

If you need to design a track lay out, Wombat is your man.

TL helps design the track at Auto Salon. Three meets later, it had evolved into a killer track.

It had to stand the rigours of Nitro cars hitting the PVC pipe, further more the feed back from the drivers was the minimal damage caused to the cars . . .

IDM
Old 05-06-2003, 07:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Auto Salon Track

Check this out . . .
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
auto_salon track.pdf (25.5 KB, 127 views)
Old 05-06-2003, 03:47 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Auto Salon Track

Well most tracks have the straight near the drivers stand. why???????? Nitro people can't talk to the pit crew. Other than that is thought right the straight should be the on the other side. The hill has it near the stand for a few reasons but would work better on the other side.

I have raced a few times at Brushfarm but hate it. How can you work on a setup when each time you race the track has moved so much it's a joke. Pretty much you have to be the fastest on every heat to qualifiy good just incase that heat the track is fastest because of people and marshalls moving it. Then from lap after lap the corners move from people hitting then and you can never line up a apex right.

Apart from all this, it's a car breaker. I am sorry but all these reasons keep me away from the farm and I think I have spoken for a lot of people who have the same view of this place.

Coxy.
Old 05-06-2003, 05:25 PM
Tech Elite

sort of reminds me of St Ives
Old 05-06-2003, 10:28 PM
Tech Regular

If you want to see exactly how good, durable, long lasting and car friendly a non-permanent track can be, make a visit to Northside. In my opinion, the best track, racing and club in sydney! that's why I'll drive 50 mins to get there!!!
Old 05-07-2003, 02:16 AM
Tech Addict

Personally I feel the best tracks to race on have the Straight on the far side of the track with all the twisty bits close to the drivers stand.

If you put the straight close to the drivers stand the cars become hard to see as they are traveling so close to you if someone stops on the straight there is no time for the other drivers to react.

cya
Mike

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.