Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
Will 235mm 4wd make a difference in selection? >

Will 235mm 4wd make a difference in selection?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will 235mm 4wd make a difference in selection?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2003, 02:18 PM
Tech Elite

Contact Adhesive
The next big thing is happening now !!!

The Tamiya Mini Class

I doubt that the 235mm class is going to set the world on fire, though it is a great racing class and more suited to permenent tracks. But still will work in the PL track if needed

As you all are well aware of that the235 mm class doesn't often get the newby, but some one who has had some exposure to the hobby and is looking for a suitable class. As Contact would be aware with there Car Park track, the new guy turns up with some cheapo pull start crap toy (observation from my part) to start racing. If he isn't put off by having the doors blown off by the club hero in the class or the cost of parts that he leaves at the track every meeting, he will proberly move to the big $$$ NT, which there are only 3 good manufactures of quality cars.

As you can see from this there are horses for courses, those that want to race in there local parking lot (I know you guys are working on a permenent track) with the smaller cars, so be it. Some people like the concept of the bigger permenent track and the more forgiving and cheaper to run 235mm.

P.S. I compare the 235mm car to the MTX3, Serpent 705, Kyosho RR, not crap like HPI, Sinu chung chunder boxes
Old 01-20-2003, 04:03 PM
Tech Champion

as much as i like the looks of 235mm cars , i do not believe anything will change, 200mm touring cars dominate and there is no real benefit changing over to the 235mm.

besides the latest nitro touring cars are rockets and they handle very well. I can race my 200mm at Helles which is an awsome track!, but i f i want i can take that same 200mm car to many other tracks, with 235mm you really are restricted to the one track.

the new MTX3 is the most astounding nitro touring car i have driven, it is better than my electric car!!!!

Last edited by black-knight; 01-20-2003 at 04:07 PM.
Old 01-20-2003, 04:06 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by fastolfart
Contact Adhesive
The next big thing is happening now !!!

The Tamiya Mini Class

I know the Mini class is having a minor revival...but i think it will be limited, it won't be like the old days? It's a bit like the mini 1/12th revival
Old 01-20-2003, 05:24 PM
Tech Addict

I have the best of both worlds an MTX3 and a Tamiya mini
Old 01-20-2003, 08:39 PM
Tech Elite

the new MTX3 is the most astounding nitro touring car i have driven, it is better than my electric car!!!!
Now would that be hard ???
Old 01-20-2003, 10:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by fastolfart
P.S. I compare the 235mm car to the MTX3, Serpent 705, Kyosho RR, not crap like HPI, Sinu chung chunder boxes
thats a bit old school fof there are mugen and serpent drivers and a few odd fellows who run kyosho - sure these are the dominant brands in australia, however other more enlightened countries do add a few more manufactures to the list

though as i ve said elsewhere i suspect that the mtx3 will become a bit of the standard chassis for nt given its apparent superiority (im very happy to stick with my yokomo - i think its as good a car as ill ever need and if its got the right driver and tyres its as quick as most of them)
Old 01-20-2003, 10:40 PM
BG
Tech Addict

Originally posted by black-knight
as much as i like the looks of 235mm cars , i do not believe anything will change, 200mm touring cars dominate and there is no real benefit changing over to the 235mm.

besides the latest nitro touring cars are rockets and they handle very well. I can race my 200mm at Helles which is an awsome track!, but i f i want i can take that same 200mm car to many other tracks, with 235mm you really are restricted to the one track.
We arent forcing any one to change over from there current class because there may be an advantage. This is another avenue for the 235mm class. If this attracts drivers from other classes so be it. I have driven a nitro tourer, to find that the car doesnt feel real to drive. The wider car 235mm 4wd feels and handles much better with less effort. But hey thats me.
If importers here i Australia were to import more 4wd 235mm cars and advertise and support them then numbers will only increase.

The only restrictions that 235mm have is that lack of support from other tracks.

1/10th scale 235mm has so many possibilitys. We have remained with the same set of rules for many years. Now with the change due to peoples needs we change the rules to suit.

There are more areas to explore in 235mm......

Cheers BG
Old 01-21-2003, 01:05 PM
Tech Elite

Any way, I just love to whoop the 4wd NT's asses with my 235mm 2wd car when I have to run in there class JGIR