Brushless ESC's and Motors - a total joke

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Brushless ESC's and Motors - a total joke

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2006, 08:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

BG: we're all heading up to brendale next weekend, 12th scale on sunday!
but the friday fortnight after that i'm up for it

btw guys, stop comparing brushless speedys to PC CPUs, they're really nothing alike whatsoever, infact the only common thing they share nowadays is that they both need heat sinks and fans to avoid catching fire.
Old 06-27-2006, 09:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nitro$junkie
think about the computer in your car (new cars) it make your home PC look like a game boy and you dont see fans on them.
Actually i very much doubt that :P

For anyone that is bored, computer processors have instructions sets and procedures built into them which optimises the chip for use with other items and the operating system. Such as handling of memory and graphics. As a result it has to do a LOT more and more complex functions to complete than what a chip does in a car.

The main chip itself is quite small probably about 1cm x 1cm x a few mil and if you look at laptops they dont mount fans on the chip. Although they do require air flow (which is not surprising). However, with the materials and equipment they use to manufacture computer processors i doubt it would be cost effective unless you are doing HUGE runs of the same unit. I also suspect they would not be willing to hand over their technology to other manufacturers.
Old 06-27-2006, 11:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Last edited by Nitro$junkie; 06-29-2006 at 05:49 AM.
Old 06-27-2006, 11:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

All that shows is you dont know much about computers
if you only new how much info your car has to process when you just driving down the road at 60
It would take your pc a week
what the fuck kind of car are you driving? KITT?

the cpus in cars are designed to do a specific job, they're not very powerful at all, they dont need to be because they're built to do 1 specific job, and do it repeatedly.

if you look at consoles (ps2, xbox, etc), the chips in them arnt nearlly as powerful as the one in a family computer, because they're designed to do specific things, not a massive range of things. the software is written specifically for them, and tailored around the hardware design, in the same way that it would be in a car -- the software or firmware would be written to do 1 thing and 1 thing only.

like i said earlier in the thread, will you people STOP comparing speed controllers to computers, cause they're nothing fucking like each other, and all you're doing is making the rest of us dumber.

edit: oh, and it may take my pc a week to process whatever the car was while driving at 60, but it'd take my car 10 times longer to browse this forum.
Old 06-27-2006, 11:45 PM
Tech Master

Last edited by Nitro$junkie; 06-29-2006 at 05:48 AM.
Old 06-28-2006, 12:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Actually, cars processors are kinda quick.. they run at a few 1000 cycles per second to keep up with the 6-7 odd 1000 rpm modern motors operate at... so they are not to shabby... of course the computer I am running at the moment does 9,500 mips (million instuctions per second) so I guess If I logged onto rctech with my car I could come back tomorrow and select "message forums".

I don't know why you guys r comparing speed.. or power... The point is the efficency. The current speedies generate too much heat because they can't transfer the power efficently. Whatever the prob ultimately is, we will probably have to wait a while for the speedies to get better... thats hoping the motors don't get thirstier... anyone heard when the 3.5r is goin to be released?
Old 06-28-2006, 12:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

you home pc will never keep up if you only new how much info your car has to process every milli second of a second once again you pc will take a week to process the same info
FUCK THE HELL UP, unless your real car has a brushless motor in it get back on topic.
Old 06-28-2006, 12:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

LOL, Is a Prius brushless?
Old 06-28-2006, 02:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The Fuhrer
lol yeah it probably is infact

my comodore 64 computer can kick your 4.5's arse!
Old 06-28-2006, 03:03 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default m

Sitting back reading all the comments about the brushless I am on my second brushless this one also failed but in a big way it caught on fire do you think Novak has any idea on what they are doing when it comes to brushless. The first unit they brought out failed dismally this new unit which has arrived on the market should be recalled and the engineer that designed it should be sacked and not be allowed to build rc ever again. They really should take a leaf out of the hacker system, faultless you can't say anything bad about the hacker. If you bought a real car and it had a fault like that it would be recalled and the problem fixed, but the lack of knowledge Novak has I don't think they can fix their problem.
Old 06-28-2006, 03:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Safer SX,

Firstly, Novak has been doing BL for what, 3 years now?
The SS was/is a solid, robust system. Well the one I had seemed to be.
If you read between the lines here no system is perfect.

Tom:

My Apple IIE will slay your C64!
Old 06-28-2006, 03:32 AM
Tech Addict

i love forums. people stray off the topic so easy. mmm car computers haha. but yes they do compute faster then your average house computer.
Old 06-28-2006, 03:57 AM
Tech Master

Last edited by Nitro$junkie; 06-29-2006 at 05:47 AM.
Old 06-28-2006, 03:58 AM
Tech Master

Last edited by Nitro$junkie; 06-29-2006 at 05:47 AM.
Old 06-28-2006, 03:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The Fuhrer
wonder if you can deadshort it for more punch off the line dont need the runtime, im only driving to work and back

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.