Community
Wiki Posts
Search

the needy needs a speedy

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2003, 05:29 PM
Tech Regular

Default the needy needs a speedy

hey guy's i was just wondering what's a good speedy to look at for touring car modified i'm thinking novak gt7 but i'm not sure i want to pay that much there a little expnsive to say the least. any other good brand's worth a look at and are well knowen this isn't my fist speedy i just need a new one.

thanks
Old 01-13-2003, 05:43 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: the needy needs a speedy

It Depends on what class or motor you are really going to run. Like i am not talking about the once of you decide to put a turn in to see how fast it goes. I am talking about the real world. I used a LRP Sprinter in my car for ages and ran that in 540 then Stock and then Mod. It has a motor limit of 16 turn but I ran it with a 14 no trouble.

I also use this speedie in my Le Mans car and if a $90 speedie can win a National tittle , and the Australian TCS tittle then is money well spent.

Sure if you want to run a better speedie then they do go better but no you really drive that good. Spend as much as you like but I would say buy a set of tires and practice with that would make you faster.

Coxy.
Old 01-13-2003, 06:12 PM
Tech Regular

i have already had top of the line speedy's m'tronic's lrp but i have a new car and i still want to run my old car as is.
so i'm looking at what's best.
i have had a lrp sprinter for a fun car, there ok but how can you run competitive mod with a 14 turn and a $120speedy.
so what i'm asking is whats the latest stuff on the market. i know a better speedy wont make me that much faster but i want a good one not a crapy one i already have about 50 sets of tyer's so that's out of the question anyway
Old 01-13-2003, 06:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

if u want a good reliable sppey then i would go for a novak cyclone i have had mine for about 2 years and no troubles so far i have run it in my touring cars my truck and buggy and it has never failed i like the solder posts makes everything alot cleaner but thats just my choice. like coxy said the lrp sprinter is good i would probably still have mine if i didnt short it out on a motor mount
Old 01-13-2003, 07:19 PM
Tech Master

Oh so sorry about that. Imagine me suggesting you can run competitive Mod with a 14 turn. Let me show you one day you come down to Castle Hill Also I know fastofart runs a 16 turn and he is always right up there at the top of the field at Castle Hill. Sure it's not a big track but do you really think Mod always has to be 8 turn material. I know some people were using 12 turns at the Nationals and I think he came 5th in the A's.

why do you have 50 sets of tires????? Use them up it's no good them sitting there.

I think you really should go for a GT7 they are GREAT. All the top guys use them so they must be great. They also come scented.

Coxy.

Last edited by Coxy; 01-13-2003 at 07:23 PM.
Old 01-13-2003, 07:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

They look orange, but the scent definately is not.

If you want to see the aftermath of a GT7 click here:

www.teamnovak/pop/poof/burn.com
Old 01-13-2003, 08:23 PM
Tech Adept

Talking

gm v12s are good, cheap as well, hey if Masami used one anyone can
Old 01-13-2003, 08:44 PM
Tech Champion

I'll defend the Novak GT7....

it's simply the best, fully programmable, small, bright, fast, smooth, way better then cheapo GM, LRP, etc etc. I use Novak GT7's no issues at all, and ive been running them solid since they were released.

The only other speedos worth a look at are KO Propo, $220 for a 1200amp speedo sounds pretty good to me. (from Southern Cross Hobbies)
Old 01-13-2003, 09:17 PM
Tech Regular

Default thanks bk

thank''s bk this is the kind of info i'm looking for what's the best sort of price i can hope to see a gt7 at.

dear cox

i'm sorry about not knowing you can run competitive mod at CASTLE HILL with a 14 but i have never raced there the highest i go is 12 and yes it's fairly easy to be competitive at the nationals with a 12 it seem's to be not badly suited to the track.

as i say again i am look for a good speedey
Old 01-13-2003, 09:20 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Besercoe
They look orange, but the scent definately is not.

If you want to see the aftermath of a GT7 click here:

www.teamnovak/pop/poof/burn.com
a bit of an anti orange person are we besercoe

out of curiosity what speedy do you run
Old 01-13-2003, 09:22 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Coxy

why do you have 50 sets of tires????? Use them up it's no good them sitting there.

Coxy.
i just love the smell of burning rubber so when i get board i burn a pair

i don't have 50 set's litterally
Old 01-13-2003, 09:44 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: thanks bk

Originally posted by fasterdanu
thank''s bk this is the kind of info i'm looking for what's the best sort of price i can hope to see a gt7 at.

based on my own research...

the GT7 is $345.00 at Radio Models www.radiomodels.com.au

or at Dei Rossi hobbies they can match the above price, just ask them.

Wings N' Things sell $425.00 way too expensive.
Old 01-13-2003, 09:45 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by fasterdanu
a bit of an anti orange person are we besercoe

out of curiosity what speedy do you run
Over the years i have had virtually all brands of speedies, my most reliable have been Tekin, but they are no longer around.

Novak have had peiods of high unreliability, but on the whole they are good. I just have seen and heard a few issues with the GT7, mostly involving smoke

Currently i have cyclone, LRP, GM, Tekin. Soon to be replaced by Hacker

Im curious Dan what is your real name?? Mine if you are unaware is Bradd Vercoe
Old 01-13-2003, 09:46 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Besercoe
Over the years i have had virtually all brands of speedies, my most reliable have been Tekin, but they are no longer around.

Novak have had peiods of high unreliability, but on the whole they are good. I just have seen and heard a few issues with the GT7, mostly involving smoke

Currently i have cyclone, LRP, GM, Tekin. Soon to be replaced by Hacker

Im curious Dan what is your real name?? Mine if you are unaware is Bradd Vercoe
the Novak "smoke" issue seems to have involved the same person each time
Old 01-13-2003, 09:49 PM
Tech Champion

Sorry BK, but it has been two in Sydney, and i have sen some unfavourable discussion on other threads also.

It seems they released the product too early and the first batch are prone to damage, they have released supplementary models that have had some issues fixed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.