Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Off-Road Club for the Gold Coast

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 05:10 AM
Tech Adept

Default Off-Road Club for the Gold Coast

We are holding a meeting at the MDSA (Mudgeeraba District Sporting Assosiation) Firth park of Somerset Dr, Mudgeeraba on the 28 Of June 2006 at 7PM to start an Off-Road Club.
Gold Coast City Council has allocated an area for us at Frank Chaston Oval, on Worongary Rd,Gilston and is in the proess of granting right of use for the area. It is now time to hold a meeting to form a racing committee to head up the track construction and working bees.
All people interseted in forming an club and getting into Off-Road racing should turn up at 7pm Wednesday 28th of June at 7PM.
We are wanting all interested people to become club members and pay a $60 membership fee at the meeting once you have heard what is going to happen as the funds raised wil cover the cost of setting up the race area. Proposed cost of soil is $2,000-2500, the On -Road club is prepared to help fund the project but will only do it if people who want an Off-Road track put some money where ther mouths are so to speak.

HOPE TO SEE AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE AT THE MEETING.

Peter Gately
Secretary
Golds Coast Model Raceway
www.gcmr.org.au
Old 06-19-2006, 01:51 PM
Tech Regular

i hope you succeed in your quest to get an off road club happening on the gold coast as you can never have to many offroad tracks around . You may want to direct everyone to your website where you have the proposed layout for this new location, i think that you will get a lot of interest when the people see what you guys are proposing.

Thanks heaps,
Adam
Old 06-20-2006, 04:28 AM
Tech Apprentice

is the new onroad club at gilston going
when do you race or is it still the track on the netball courts
Old 06-20-2006, 04:50 PM
Tech Adept

Default ON-ROAD

On road at Gilston will happen after the off-road gets under way at this stage as council need to do some more filling of an area to give us the size pad that we require. As soon as the pad is finnished council will then asphalt it for us and then we are under way at Gilston. Timming will depend on availability of fill.

The above meeeting is to form the off-road club and start working bees to establish the race track, by then we will have official "right of Use" for the area and racing can begin.
Old 06-21-2006, 07:32 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hey guys

Yeah i'm keen to come to the meeting. But just a quick question what classes will be run. As i only run 1/8th buggy. I sure hope you will cater for them. And what does everyone else around here drive. Thanks guys look forward to seeing yas.

Cheers Haydn
Old 06-22-2006, 01:57 AM
Tech Adept

Default Classes to be run

This meeting is to see what cars are about and form a committee to run the events and set up the venue.

But i imagine all classes from 1/5th, 1/8th, 1/10th and monster trucks will be catered for in EP and GP.
Old 06-23-2006, 12:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Would love to be at your meeting guys, however I will be in Adleaide for work for around a week. Count me in for the Working Bee. Would love to help out. Please keep me posted on where and when the working bee will be so I can help out if I can. Best of luck guys. I am sure it will be well supoorted.

It will be by me if times suit.

Regards
Chris Schoenfisch
FIR #1
Old 06-23-2006, 02:15 AM
Tech Regular

I like the name (F.I.R), no shortage of them in this hobby.Is the Desert Gator a good buggy for your track?
Old 06-23-2006, 04:52 AM
Tech Adept

Default Desert gator

We do not have a track at the moment we only have the land. That is what the meeting on wednesday is about to form a club collect membership fees and do the work to create a great track.

check out www.gcmr.org.au
Old 06-23-2006, 04:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I like the concept.
(I gather it would be day racing - not night racing)

I could come down to 'play' while the wife and kids duck away to do a bit of shopping or hit the beach

Can't make the meeting but can I pay/join/contribute via mail?
Old 06-23-2006, 05:24 PM
Tech Initiate

if i am a member of the on road club is it a seperate membership for the off road ?????
Old 06-23-2006, 05:39 PM
Tech Adept

Any time frame on when the onroad track will be up and running? Thanks!
Old 06-25-2006, 05:02 AM
Tech Adept

Default members of both on and off-road clubs

robertch
The short answer is yes see details at www.gcmr.org.au

twoo
The Off-Road club will be running as soon as we get memberships to fund the purchase of soil and active members to work on building the track.

So the track will be up and running as soon as everyone chips in and helps.
Old 06-28-2006, 11:23 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hey
Just wondering how the meeting went. And when can the people who couldnt make it to the meeting sign up to become members. What came out of the meeting, track design, classes, commitee members assigned or anything. Cheers guys
Old 06-29-2006, 01:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

will there be on road pratice this week end??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.