Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2006 Harris RC Challenge - Sat 26th Aug - Boronia, Vic

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 07:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Wow, a real SA contingent! Excellent! Will confirm with the club but should be fine.

-Scott
Old 08-13-2006, 06:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Has there been an entry list posted anywhere yet? Cant see one on the BRCCC club website.
Old 08-13-2006, 06:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ozoner
Practice is from 9, so power should be available around the 8am mark.

-Scott
That's a bit early considering it is a twilight event
Old 08-13-2006, 06:37 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Burlap
That's a bit early considering it is a twilight event
Perhaps for someone who's familiar with the track
Old 08-13-2006, 07:03 PM
Tech Master

Working on an entry list James.

Declan, 9am practice will be good - you won't have 50 people all wanting to practice at the same time! You're just worried about your hangover from the night before...

-Scott
Old 08-20-2006, 06:35 PM
Tech Master

Entries close Wednesday - don't miss out.

Sorry for no entry list yet guys, will try and get one from the club after entries close.

We will be on hand with plenty of stock - packs (matched and unmatched, stick packs and cells), motors, etc etc - for you to peruse and/or buy. We will be doing special prices on all stock to competitors, so come prepared.

All matched packs purchased on the day include free assembly too

Plenty of awards and prizes to be had (not just the winners)... Come along and enjoy the fun.

-Scott
Old 08-20-2006, 09:49 PM
Tech Master

I posted previously that power would be available from 8am - my apologies, I was wrong.

The rooms will be unlocked, power available, and track set up by around the 9am mark. This will still give you around 4-5 hours before racing starts - ample time indeed...

-Scott
Old 08-23-2006, 06:24 PM
Tech Master

Hi Gang,

Weather forecast for Saturday is for a fine day, 6-17 degrees. Hmm... forgot how much colder Melbourne is than Brisneyland.

I'm told we have multiple heats in all classes except 540 Junior, which is very low on numbers. Still time to enter - although entries closed yesterday we will accept late entries if you ask nicely

I have been madly assembling both matched and unmatched packs for sale on the day, to save me spending all day Saturday behind the iron! Also available will be motors and other stock lines of ours. We also have matched and unmatched stick packs on hand, and some MRT speedys. Sales will be strictly on a first come first served basis. Obviously we can't have full stock of everything on hand, but hopefully we can cover most eventualities.

Come along and have a fun days racing with us at one of the friendliest clubs around.

-Scott
Old 08-23-2006, 06:27 PM
Tech Elite

Under 24hours to go until we stuff the wagon full of RC gear and head over from Adelaide for the meeting, I think im safe to speak for the other SA guys but we're all really looking forward to it
Old 08-23-2006, 06:31 PM
Tech Master

Hi James, will be great to see you and the gang there.

Everyone please travel safe. The highway is not a hackfest!

-Scott
Old 08-27-2006, 05:32 PM
Tech Master

Hi Gang,

I stupidly forgot to grab a copy of the results from the club when we left on Saturday night, will grab the results and post here very soon. Due to the Alycat issues we probably won't have the full timings etc but will do my best...

Many thanks to all the racers that came along and had a run - hope everyone had a great time. Huge props to the club for putting on a great meeting - Boronia is definitely a friendly place to race. Special mention to the SA guys for making the effort to come along. A nicer bunch of guys you won't meet. They're very quick too

Thanks to the God of Melbourne for putting on a glorious winter weekend (it looked decidedly dodgy earlier in the week).

Plenty of unlucky folks on the weekend - renowned "fast guys" like Aidan Kelly and Andrew Abbott amongst them. Both plenty quick but unlucky in the finals.

Thanks for everyone's help and support. It's much appreciated. Hope we can do it again next year.

-Scott
Old 08-27-2006, 07:24 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks for supporting a great event Scott. Sorry i couldnt hang around to collect my "Biggest Crash" award..

Again thanks Scott
Old 08-27-2006, 08:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Was again a great event - was definately interesting going from a warm sunny track in qualifying to a cold night track with tennis court lights for brightness. I had a ball on the whole and its always nice to come away with a bit of Silverware.

Congrats to Peter Jovanovic on the win in Modified. He drove superbly all day, ultra consistent lap after lap.