R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing

Old 06-08-2006, 01:39 AM   #1
Tech Apprentice

Ideas on how to run a perfect RC Club

I know everyone will have their own opinion on this, and that is exactly what I am after.

If you were to start a new On Road and Off Road club, how would you run it?

How would you set out your tracks? How would you promote the club? Tempt new members?

The best idea I have heard so far: Build an indoor On Road track of varying lengths to suit 540 up to mod and gas cars. 540 track would be tight and twisty, mod more open and flowing and gas BIG with a BIG LONG straight to really wind them out.

Build in a grand stand and have the bitchuman heated, like floor heating in some homes. That way the track will always be at a set temperature.

Anyone with other ideas, realistic and not realistic, have your say. This could be fun and also help some clubs out.
DOON!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 02:15 AM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

With the trend shifting back to Offroad, an indoor Offroad track would be sensational. On road is dead.........
Wodonga has one of the best facilities in the country at the moment anyway.
The problem with a dedicated indoor facility is paying for it. I would imagine you would have to run it as a business to make it viable.
I also think Albury Wodonga is'nt in need of a track such as this.

BŁszke Knox/Wodonga tag.

Knox Bluegroove. OG since 2014...
The Fuhrer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 02:37 AM   #3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
On road is dead.........

maybe electric is...
Old 06-08-2006, 03:39 AM   #4
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Whatever you decide to do, ensure when you say racing starts at a certain time, start racing. Nothing is more anoying than mucking about with admin when racing is supposed to start. Have your brief to drivers 10 min before, not at start time.
My 2 cents..........................
dirtdustingdavo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 04:33 AM   #5
Tech Adept

Quote:
On road is dead.........
maybe you should tell this to the 100+ on road drivers at the club challenge.
I have at least 10 on road clubs within an hours drive of my house varying in electric and nitro, indoor and outdoor, 10th scale, 8th scale, 5th scale, what more could an onroad racer want?
414play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 04:42 AM   #6
Tech Elite

Whatever.........Sydney isn't what I'm talking about.
How many entries were there for the Maitland cup? More than any pathetic snoring car race!
Hell, you can't even decide between foam or rubber!

BŁszke Knox/Wodonga tag.

Old 06-08-2006, 05:11 AM   #7
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to THUNDERPAINT!

It amazes me how every thread on here manages to turn into an arguement or slanging match over SHIT!! We all like one form of r/c racing over an other so maybe we should all respect each others preferences and get on with each other and just race!! I know we all dont see eye to eye but thats life i guess....

Now to answer the relevant question to which this thread has been started:
The best thing you can do is pick your surface and take it from there .... do you have a lot of off road racers or is it more on road racers in your area??

If you go with on road the only decision will be whether or not you choose to run elec. only or gas ?? Obviously maintenance of asphalt will be very minimal to say the least...

If you do run with off road, the biggest thing will be maintenance!! electric wont be so bad but if you choose to run gas the work load will increase tenfold! (i run one of the most succesful gas off road tracks)

the rest such as timing and facilities is up to you and your personal preference...and budget of course!!

Cheers
Ben
THUNDERPAINT! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 06:20 AM   #8
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to Rossco

oh this should be good
Rossco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 06:24 AM   #9
Tech Adept

maybe i should duck for cover??
Old 06-08-2006, 07:35 AM   #10
Tech Elite

Oh yes,

This thread is asking for a slanging match.
No major spelling or grammer errerz though.
I might jst go and cut laps with my high cost high maintainence offroader.......with foam tires, wait, do I need warmers for those? Are my 4200's outdated? They are 24 hours old!!!! Is the 416 MsWorlds edition MkIII out yet? Hang on, are'nt all the Japs going back to offroad?
Pick up any rc mag and see how much space is dedicated to snoring car.
3/10's of SFA thats what. It's dead face it. Seig Heil.

BŁszke Knox/Wodonga tag.

Old 06-08-2006, 07:39 AM   #11
Tech Adept

funny dont recall defending or saying that touring cars are great!! i race nitro off road just for the record!
Old 06-08-2006, 03:50 PM   #12
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Pick up any rc mag and see how much space is dedicated to snoring car
Most likely due to the fact that a new "version" or update isn't released every 48 hours - and lets not talk entry numbers, I raced the Coleman cup at knox last year ( BTW, I hope off road gets back to where it was 15 years ago - might even make a comeback !!!)

A perfect RC club is one where everyone that races gets to enjoy their day's activities without bickering or bitching!

enough said!
Old 06-08-2006, 08:45 PM   #13
Tech Fanatic

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to OldSkool

As others have said start time is a major thing, people (parents) don't like waiting around all day.

9am start first race at 9:15, 5 min between races 30 min lunch, wrap it up by 3-3:30

Attitude to others plays a big part, like them or not could have effects on them refering new comers.
If lap counting software is playing up or has operator issues then just turn it off, and revert to the old way.

This is what I think anyway..

A/W has no need for an indoor type track, the cost setting one up is VERY high, and gas cars would be a problem inside (fumes), and insurance would also be quite high.

A good model of how a meeting/club should be run was last weekends sheild round at wodonga, everything smooth.

The thing is alot of people won't ask for help, even when there deep in it.
Old 06-09-2006, 01:30 AM   #14
Tech Apprentice

When I said running the perfect RC Club I never ment Wodonga is looking at starting another club or just on road or off road. Just looking around for different ideas from different people from different parts of the country, and Shepparton, as to how they think a club should be run.

I totally agree with the time thing. If you can't get your car ready for your next race you simply miss out. You have to have a fairly big break of your car to not have it ready in time. 5 minute races, 5 minutes inbetween, multiplied by the classes minus your race and your turn at marshalling should leave anyone heaps of time.

Good to see some ideas coming. Keep it going, and yes the Wodonga Shield ran beautifully. Thats how it should be.
DOON!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 01:45 AM   #15
Tech Master

any club where people can relax and not take things too seriously, or where people dont get the perception others are being too serious.... thats what club racing is about.... relaxing and having fun, trying things...

It doesnt matter what you race, different things are strong in different areas.... find a good thing and stick to it.....

Like Maitland off road EP, Dandenong GP on road. Boronia On road EP is probably one of the best examples. Attitudes start at the top, if its wrong there, then thats where you will have problems....
cantona is offline   Reply With Quote