R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Australian Racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/australian-racing-29/)
-   -   CLUB CHALLENGE NITRO CARS (https://www.rctech.net/forum/australian-racing/116199-club-challenge-nitro-cars.html)

Corey The Great 06-01-2006 05:39 AM

CLUB CHALLENGE NITRO CARS

After plenty of interest I'm asking people to comment on what they think of the Nitro clubs to organise a Nitro Challenge Cup. So if you feel that this could be a event which would show some interest please get on this thread and place your interest.

I've recieved over 75pm from people stating that this is a great idea. So if you guys are interested please voice your opinions and we may be able to organise this event.

Thanks Corey

simba350 06-01-2006 06:01 AM

Sounds like fun. If it's got wheels and a radio, let's race it! Be cool to have a round at my local club (Lithgow), with a 60m main straight, plenty of room to stretch the legs of a nitro tourer.....bring it on. :nod:

Corey The Great 06-01-2006 06:06 AM

Simba if all competitors are like you mate, Im sure the idea would work. If I can generate enough interests I will form a committee and chase up some sponsors and get some feedback from the clubs.

Simba thanks for your support please guys spread the word

Besercoe 06-01-2006 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by Corey The Great
Simba if all competitors are like you mate, Im sure the idea would work. If I can generate enough interests I will form a committee and chase up some sponsors and get some feedback from the clubs.

Simba thanks for your support please guys spread the word

If you are so keen on it Corey, just do what TJ has done, do all the legwork, organise the events, the clubs etc. the payoff is with the work comes the rewards

Roo 06-01-2006 04:53 PM

PDNR have been discussing the concept of an interclub competition for a few months and they are considering running an interclub point score for the upcoming PDNR Challenge (August 5/6) to try and kick off some interest.

My personal thoughts are to combine a Nitro club's major event, with an interclub point system similar to the EP's. PDNR could use their Challenge, Tamworth their Tamworth Cup, SORMCC their GP Grand Prix etc. This way the already very busy RC calendar is not over crowded with a specific interclub series. The top 3 or 5 or 20 drivers representing each club would be awarded points relative to their results.

There are naturally many aspects that need to be discussed between the clubs, such as divisions and race format, but hopefully some of the do'ers involved with the clubs will get behind the idea.

THE ROCK 06-01-2006 08:17 PM

Guy's,

Most of the rounds of past Club Challenge events have had Nitro as a display class only, I know TJ tried to get this off the ground several times and had had little if any response from nitro clubs! Penrith included I believe but dont quote me!
I would support these events and I am sure TJ would consider getting involved in some way if asked nicely!

burgo 06-01-2006 08:48 PM

As you are all aware there is a lot of racing on at the moment.
Moorebank, Penrith, Lithgow and SORMCC should get together and have a Nitro Tourer Challenge.
I will contact the relevent clubs and see what we can organise.
Regards
Steve

Dragonfire 06-01-2006 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by THE ROCK
Guy's,

Most of the rounds of past Club Challenge events have had Nitro as a display class only, I know TJ tried to get this off the ground several times and had had little if any response from nitro clubs! Penrith included I believe but dont quote me!
I would support these events and I am sure TJ would consider getting involved in some way if asked nicely!

thats correct. the nitro's where run as a demo to see if a nitro challenge series was viable. there was some intrest in the 1st yr but almost nothing after that. as suggested above... it would be best to incorporate into existing events but if there is intrest, have a chat to tj and see if he is interested in giving it another go.

ae_ntc3 06-01-2006 10:50 PM

sounds like a great idea!

THE ROCK 06-02-2006 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by burgo
As you are all aware there is a lot of racing on at the moment.
Moorebank, Penrith, Lithgow and SORMCC should get together and have a Nitro Tourer Challenge.
I will contact the relevent clubs and see what we can organise.
Regards
Steve

Go Burgo

Xr Turbo 06-02-2006 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by THE ROCK
Go Burgo

I second that :nod: :nod:

griffo 06-02-2006 03:00 AM

This will be a great event guy's ill put both hands up :D

If u peoples want ill talk 2 the fairy meadow commitee
and get the illawarra track involved 2 :D

Kyosho3PKRacer 06-02-2006 04:03 AM

Sounds like a great idea, go team SORMCC woo lol

ae_ntc3 06-02-2006 05:19 AM

i think the clubs would benefit a lot from this too because they will get a bigger turn out at there meetings

itchy b 06-02-2006 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by ae_ntc3
i think the clubs would benefit a lot from this too because they will get a bigger turn out at there meetings

too right :nod:
maybe we can have a display class for the electrics :rolleyes: