R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-02-2006, 07:27 AM   #16
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 5,310
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchy b
too right
maybe we can have a display class for the electrics
lol.....

You would prolly prefer more qualifing or longer finals instead of silent rockets consuming racing time...
__________________
Blade: Andro Treiber H 79g AN
FH: Donic Bluefire M3 Max Blk
BH: Donic Bluefire M2 Max Red
Powered by Falco
Dragonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 04:36 PM   #17
Tech Addict
 
Corey The Great's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 738
Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
Default

Why don't we organise to get a few of the clubs together at centralised spot and discuss the options of the Nitro Challenge. We need some information about what classes are going to be run 10minute qualifying heat duration of A final. I feel that we set the challenge for a saturday every 2 months depending on clubs interested.

Keep the pm coming in Ive got a list of ideas growing by each PM

Thanks to all interested
__________________
I love carpet racing
Corey The Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 06:06 PM   #18
Tech Elite
 
itchy b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: In My Man Cave
Posts: 4,144
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey The Great
Why don't we organise to get a few of the clubs together at centralised spot and discuss the options of the Nitro Challenge. We need some information about what classes are going to be run 10minute qualifying heat duration of A final. I feel that we set the challenge for a saturday every 2 months depending on clubs interested.

Keep the pm coming in Ive got a list of ideas growing by each PM

Thanks to all interested
i believe that there will be a few clubs represented at moorebank tomorrow.
may be a good time to start the ball rolling
__________________
-Blitz-Rallyhawk-EX 1.5R-Xpress-P64 Tyrrell-Lotus79-Espirit VTA
EX1.5-SC10 4x4
itchy b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 09:47 PM   #19
Tech Adept
 
414play's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: blue mountains
Posts: 180
Default

Quote:
too right
maybe we can have a display class for the electrics
Might be a bit embarrassing to have the display class doing the fastest times.
414play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 04:01 AM   #20
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: it's only illegal if you get caught!
Posts: 562
Default

lol
ae_ntc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 05:24 AM   #21
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 5,310
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 414play
Might be a bit embarrassing to have the display class doing the fastest times.
Thats depends on that track. Noobie tracks like moorebank that are straights with back straights and middle straights and side straights and 1 or 2 turns means that the nitro cars are considerably quicker (about 2-3sec a lap!). But when you add turns... the 400g weight advatage makes the elecs a bit quicker. It would be interesting to see one of the mod guys tom chuck on some foamies with 4200's and a 4.5r. It would have to be close the the 1/10th nitro times...
__________________
Blade: Andro Treiber H 79g AN
FH: Donic Bluefire M3 Max Blk
BH: Donic Bluefire M2 Max Red
Powered by Falco
Dragonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 06:33 AM   #22
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: www.moorebankraceway.com
Posts: 5,119
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfire
Thats depends on that track. Noobie tracks like moorebank that are straights with back straights and middle straights and side straights and 1 or 2 turns means that the nitro cars are considerably quicker (about 2-3sec a lap!). But when you add turns... the 400g weight advatage makes the elecs a bit quicker. It would be interesting to see one of the mod guys tom chuck on some foamies with 4200's and a 4.5r. It would have to be close the the 1/10th nitro times...

that Tom Chuck dude is pritty quick i heard!
last time Tom Chuck raced at mbank with electric he used 40's though, and he went pritty good

even on a tight track, a nitro in the hands of a good driver does the same, if not only a fraction of the times off from that of a electric. weren't the times at IMCC between nitros and electrics similar? ok so if we're talking tempe clubchallenge round track that might be different
TomB is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Spare Foam Tyres: Suit ACT Club Challenge Round! funk_e Australia For Sale/Trade 3 08-09-2007 05:00 AM
Logan On-Road Winter incorporating 2nd Round of Inter Club Challenge malaboo Australian Racing 124 07-28-2006 06:04 AM
BAYSIDE CUP 2006 (INCORPORATING THE FIRST ROUND OF THE INTER-CLUB CHALLENGE) speedbump Australian Racing 50 03-27-2006 04:01 AM
2004 Club Challenge TJ Australian Racing 481 09-19-2004 09:08 PM
Club Challenge TrustMe Australian Racing 68 01-06-2003 11:49 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:16 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net