Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
brushless motors where are they at >

brushless motors where are they at

brushless motors where are they at

Old 01-01-2003, 01:24 AM
Tech Regular

..... and that's a hacker of the bad driver variety, not of the brushless motor variety..........
Old 01-01-2003, 03:33 AM
Tech Regular

Sleek the Elite,

When you coming down for another hack session then???

I do hold the current track record. But theres nothing in it.
Old 01-01-2003, 04:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Oh I know how good brushless motors CAN be... I've read all the advertising blurbs and read articals by people who have tried them...

I think people are pretty much missing My point entirely, but thats ok I am used to it

I think brushless motors are a brillant idea... they should create potential for longer electric racing, cheaper battery costs, eventually cheaper maintance... but that doesn't change the fact that they are only affordable at the moment by a very small group of people who, when being perfectly blunt, are probably only representitive of maybe 5% of the RC racing population

The biggest single problem with RC racing is the perceived cost... and the only way to get around that is to reduce or control the ACTUAL costs... its what they are having to do in full scale racing to that people can stay involved, so that they can keep the racing interesting, so the sport can survive... its why the British restrict motors and batteries the way they do... Why ROAR and IFMAR limit the sanctioned events they way they do

fasterdanu - I NEVER said I didn't want to win... I am just intelligent enough to relise that I can't afford the best of everything and unfortunatly, in the present climate, that means My chances of winning are very slim... so I race to see just how well I can do and if I do happen by chance or good judgement show a few people up I am more than satisfied with My effort

ohhh.... you know how you don't want to read My opinion? perhaps take your own advice about not buying a brushless and simply don't read My posts... won't bother Me if you don't read them
Old 01-01-2003, 03:03 PM
Tech Regular

vey funny shadow
Old 01-01-2003, 04:00 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by ShadowAu
but that doesn't change the fact that they are only affordable at the moment by a very small group of people who, when being perfectly blunt, are probably only representitive of maybe 5% of the RC racing population

Thing is that the 5% you are talking about are the Mod guys that need them. And if it's cheaper then why are you having a bitch session over it. If you want to keep racing old tech then I might have a com lathe I could sell you, comes with free com stick and I might throw in some brushes.

Coxy.
Old 01-01-2003, 04:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

So coxy you taking the plunge, does that mean you wont need your fan technology anymore?
Old 01-01-2003, 04:49 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Besercoe
So coxy you taking the plunge, does that mean you wont need your fan technology anymore?
I never said I was taking the plunge YET. We have to wait until IFMAR say it's ok to use them Yea Right!!!!

sure will be a heap of old school motors going cheap soon.

Coxy.
Old 01-01-2003, 06:44 PM
Tech Regular

snoopy, whenever the next weekend race is, or when they move Geraldton a little closer to Perth.

You must be talking about quickest single lap-time then, because Mr D has still got 3.5 seconds on you according to the website. Actually your best single lap looks to be quite a bit faster than Mr D's...
Old 01-01-2003, 07:30 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I would like to see the average driver run these motors, not someone that is sponsored or work at a hobby store that have invested interests in promoting the brushless system. Only this way will we see how reliable and cost saving they are over a year of racing. I agree these motors are the way to go in the future, but as for now I am willing to sit back and wait.

And Mr D does hold the track record with a 25 5m 2.03, the reason the last race day says that snoopy has it is because they upgraded alycat and it seems to have drooped all the other records because snoopy's was a 25 5m 5.24. I fall somewhere around there. And snopy holds the sinlge fast lap by 0.05 of a second over me.
Old 01-01-2003, 08:04 PM
Tech Regular

Fella, I must have pressed the wrong button
I didn't send an e-mail, not deliberately anyway....
Old 01-01-2003, 08:21 PM
Tech Regular

I was wrong about the novak, it does have the goods in the magnet department.
Old 01-01-2003, 11:02 PM
Tech Master

I wouldnt be holding my breathe on ifmar approval....
Old 01-01-2003, 11:13 PM
Tech Regular

ifmar aproval will happen sooner if lots of clubs hold meeting's that allow you to race brushless.
Old 01-01-2003, 11:51 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Fella
I would like to see the average driver run these motors, not someone that is sponsored or work at a hobby store that have invested interests in promoting the brushless system. Only this way will we see how reliable and cost saving they are over a year of racing. I agree these motors are the way to go in the future, but as for now I am willing to sit back and wait.

And Mr D does hold the track record with a 25 5m 2.03, the reason the last race day says that snoopy has it is because they upgraded alycat and it seems to have drooped all the other records because snoopy's was a 25 5m 5.24. I fall somewhere around there. And snopy holds the sinlge fast lap by 0.05 of a second over me.
Yes i do have a vested interest in brushless coz of work, but where's the difference between myself running and the average joe? i've been the only mod driver to turn up consistently every week.
Old 01-02-2003, 12:20 AM
Tech Regular

Sleek,

Next major race meet is on the w/end of 22nd/23rd Feb

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.