Speed Controller

Old 03-11-2006, 02:04 PM
Tech Regular

Wink Speed Controller

I am looking to buy another speed contoller (new or secondhand). So I am interested in what people think is the best value for money speedie around, and if there is any problems with any speedies on the market at the moment.
Old 03-11-2006, 08:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default speedy

there a few good ones on the market.ther lrp quantam 3 will be out soon.novak gtx.
personally i like the tekin g11 pro.
Old 03-11-2006, 09:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Depends on what you mean by "best value for money". If you're after something cheap, there are any number of low end solutions that are pretty ok for the price. LRP seem to have a few good ones in lower price range.

If you're after a top end speed control, we do the MRT MX Pro for $250. Small, lightweight, very powerful and smooth. Local 12 month warranty. Details available HERE purchase-able from HERE .

-Scott
Old 03-11-2006, 11:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Talking

Always been a fan of the Novak GT-7's

They are smooth, good for stock and mod, come with a capacitor and somewhere to put the on/off switch

Always people selling them on RCTECH for around $100 too which is a bargain
Old 03-12-2006, 01:30 AM
Tech Master

Heya.

I have used pretty much all of the above mention bar the MRT speed control.

I prefer my novak's over anything else these days......i run 3 GTX's and haven't had a single problem with any of them in the year or so i have been using them.

Glenn
Old 03-12-2006, 02:20 PM
Tech Regular

Default ?

Anyone had anything to do with the KO VFS-1 Pro speedy.
Old 03-12-2006, 02:39 PM
Tech Master

Hey.

Yeah seen a bit of them, they are extremely adjustable and i think you need a setting adapter to change all of the settings.

Glenn
Old 03-12-2006, 02:51 PM
Tech Regular

When the Novak GT7's fist came out there was a lot of second hand ones for sale very quickly on ebay and other for sale sites, so I thought there might be a problem with them or their operation.
Old 03-12-2006, 02:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I would have to throw the Tekin hat in the ring, i have had nothing but great performance out of my G10 and G11 speedies, have yet to thermal the 11, and only hit thermal a couple of times on the G10. Easy setup, super clean wiring layout, no need for Shotkies or barrell size caps.

Everyone i have spoken to that has acquired a Tekin has been very impressed by the throttle responsiveness, and punch from the speedie. Pricing is extremely good also. Im just dying to get ohld of the Tekin BL that is being developed
Old 03-12-2006, 02:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

The early GT7's had a few issues but the later ones had no problems. I have a KO VFS1, a Novak GTX and a Tekin G10 Pro.

In order of preference for peformance I rate them as follows:

1. Tekin G10 Pro (now replaced by G11 Pro)
2. Novak GTX
3. KO VFS1

The Tekin just feels so much more punchy with the KO being too complicated to adjust

The Tekin looks large but you must remember that it doesn't have a Coca Cola can (capacitor) hanging off the side of the ESC so the footprint is still quite small overall
Old 03-12-2006, 03:03 PM
Tech Regular

We mainly have Tekin's already and still use them in most of our cars. I have a LRP Quantum that we borrowed for the Nationals last year and as I went over one of the jumps the cases seperated and allowed the speedy to land on the battery and blow the fets allowing the car to rocket at full speed into some poor person's knee leaving a deep cut so we were not to impressed with the ease the cases seperated. To make it worse there is nobody able to fix the LRP speedy in Australia that I know of. We have 2 G10's already. What is the difference between the G10 & G11,and then between the G11 & G11 Pro.

Last edited by Brady.Jnr; 03-12-2006 at 03:14 PM.
Old 03-12-2006, 03:10 PM
Tech Champion

I think the only differences between the std and pro is the internal resistance, and the std wiring in the box. But it is next to nothing different.

The G11 has a lot more adjustability in the setup, you can alter the settings like drive and brake frequencies etc. But i have never played with this stuff, in the past with other speedies everytime i have it has made the car feel a little better in one respect but a lot worse in another. so now i figure the people who designed this little sucker are much smarter than me, so im just going to leave it alone.

For mod i would say go the G11, as it seems to handle heat and higher currents better, but the feel of both speedies is the same. and the G10 is now much cheaper to boot.
Old 03-12-2006, 03:16 PM
Tech Regular

do you guys use features like drag brake in mod?
Old 03-12-2006, 03:23 PM
Tech Champion

I have at times added DB, but i mainly just adjust it through the transmitter. I find playing with throttle and steering curves much more useful than speedie settings.

DB on rubber can help cause there is stuff all traction so you have to slow the car for a corner, with foam the car has enough grip to go through a corner faster, and the grip and drag from turning washes off enough speed.
Old 03-13-2006, 03:53 AM
Tech Regular

That's something to think about before I make a decision. I will just wait and see if I get any other comments about speed controllers on the market before I make the final decision.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.