No more Nitro :( - but Thanks to all!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No more Nitro :( - but Thanks to all!

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2002, 01:07 AM
Tech Adept

Default No more Nitro :( - but Thanks to all!

Hi Guys,

Well when I was asking about starting in the RC Hobby I was told by several racers, start with electric, get use to the cars, then move to Nitro - I had my electric for 2 months and then I wanted NITRO!!!.. SO I bought one.. Goodbye $650.00 +++

***MISTAKE!!!

I think that maybe I need more time with Electrics... I bought a second hand HPI Nitro MT from eBay and since buying it I seem to always have these continuous small problems!! - I reckon I spend 50% more time trying to get it working well, then actually getting to drive it, and it's driving me crazy...

I paid $450.00 for the car, then I spent $150.00 having it serviced with some new parts, now it's in good condition and still I just don't have enough knowledge to make it work 100% of the time, and if it doesnt work it seems to cost me some amount of money..

I love Nitro, I loved it when it worked, but I think Im going to let it go until I've had some more experience in RC. I'm kean to race in the CastleHill Mini class and I think I'll concentrate my attention on that.

It's with regrets that I'm going to sell my HPI Nitro MT (obviously at a loss) and try and learn as much about RC and cars as I can before I buy another one!

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who helped me with my battling little struggles, I really appreciate all the replys you guy's gave me, everyone's suggestions were really helpful!

I'm hoping to have some better luck with my Mini Class racing, and maybe even look at doing some with my brand new duratrax evader.

If anyone is interested in the HPI Nitro MT - Please let me know, I did post a message in the for sale forum!

Thanks to all who helped me over the forum, all you guys are great and I hope I can meet you all soon

Cheers,

Josh.

Last edited by joshb; 12-07-2002 at 01:09 AM.