Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ACCC importing regulations....

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 07:57 PM
Tech Regular

Default ACCC importing regulations....

I was recently informed by one of my sources that, due to new regulations, all radios bought from overseas and are imported into Australia must carry the C-tick and comply to certain regulations otherwise it is seized. Does anyone happen to know anything about this issue?
Old 02-02-2006, 08:10 PM
Tech Regular

does this have any affect on us clearing customs with our radios in our bags?
Old 02-02-2006, 09:14 PM
Tech Regular

I read something along those lines in racing lines a while back, I don't think customs will be stripping you of your radio gear though Chris.
Old 02-02-2006, 09:16 PM
Tech Regular

I am currently in the process of contacting the EMC regulatory body, AMCA regulatory body, and the Australian Customs Service and I'll let you guys know how it turns out. Just doing this to put your minds at ease and my own too.
Old 02-02-2006, 09:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The September issue of Racing Lines has bit more information on the Ctick.
here is a part of what is said
The C Tick is only available to the recognised agent or importer,the importer obtains documentation verifying that the equipment complies with the relevent Aust stds or equivalent EEC stds
To import,purchase or use euipment without the CTick leaves the offender open to huge fines under the Radio Communications Act 1992

I know i have 6 radios of varying age and only one has a C Tick,and all were bought in Australia, so i dont know how the rule can be enforced except at customs when you buy from oveseas
Old 02-02-2006, 09:58 PM
Tech Regular

I think that blurb in Racing Lines was just scare mongering to try stop the flow of user imported gear into the country, if the radio complies with all standards I can't see how you can be fined.
Old 02-03-2006, 03:44 AM
B4
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AUSTNX
I think that blurb in Racing Lines was just scare mongering to try stop the flow of user imported gear into the country, if the radio complies with all standards I can't see how you can be fined.
I agree with you about the scare mongering. I've stopped buying this mag simply because of these sorts of comments and there unwillingness to perform a fair appraisal of the product their testing. It just seems to me that they are trying to keep the importers / distributors on side so they don't affect there advertising.

Any way enough about RL.
Old 02-03-2006, 04:05 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

This will be interesting for the up coming 200mm worlds. So all from overseas will have to buy the a radio locally when they get here? Does not seems partical.

On the other hand, if you go to the ACMA website. 2.4 (a.k.a. Spektrum) is covered under class license. Our radio is only another piece of equipment on that frequency. It will not require to have the 'C' tick. We are all free to use that frequency range and is our responsibility to make sure it does not go over 4 watts or risk a fine.
Old 02-03-2006, 01:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by slooookomo
This will be interesting for the up coming 200mm worlds. So all from overseas will have to buy the a radio locally when they get here? Does not seems partical.
A very large percentage of the racers will have module based radios for this exact reason, they can swap the module and reciever over depending on local rules. Its the reason module based radios exist
Old 02-03-2006, 05:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by slooookomo
On the other hand, if you go to the ACMA website. 2.4 (a.k.a. Spektrum) is covered under class license. Our radio is only another piece of equipment on that frequency. It will not require to have the 'C' tick. We are all free to use that frequency range and is our responsibility to make sure it does not go over 4 watts or risk a fine.
are you sure about this? i have at least 4 devices at home (network, phone 2 keyboards 3 mice and a spektrum) all using 2.4ghz... 4 watts? that would almost start cooking things
Old 02-03-2006, 08:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

Your 802.11b gear at home are not running at 4 watts. But there are heaps of directional atennas running at the max to go through like 10km. Also... 4 watts are not going to start a BBQ just yet.
Old 02-05-2006, 01:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i brought a spektrum dx6 in last week. There was no issue.