Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events
AARCMCC NSW EP10 OFR State Titles hosted by Castle Hill Off Road >

AARCMCC NSW EP10 OFR State Titles hosted by Castle Hill Off Road

Like Tree17Likes

AARCMCC NSW EP10 OFR State Titles hosted by Castle Hill Off Road

Old 09-04-2017, 04:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by barts71m
Whats the format for Friday praccy? After yesterday some of us need lots of it
I'd also like to confirm we can collect the control motors on Friday and have them inspected (if applicable?) so motors can stay in buggies on Saturday.

Thanks.
Old 09-05-2017, 03:57 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by aussie372
Word of warning guys , I've started gluing our tires for the weekend , the 4wd fronts all seem to have a very small green dot . When cleaning you have to be super careful not to even touch it with your chosen cleaner . As soon as its touched it is all but gone . .
PS I hate gluing tires with a passion .
these tyres are only made in 1 compound. Unless you got Jason Ruona to make you a special run. I am 99.99999% confident we will all be running the green tyre.

If club can confirm that it's a non issue. Then this will make all our lives a little easier. God knows I need it with the amount of stuff I need to get done.
Roman, Nat Maniac and aussie372 like this.
Old 09-06-2017, 02:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Ok guys. A couple of quick answers

Tyres should be ok in terms of the dot. As recommended, before you clean them, put a drop of super glue on the dot to protect it, however logic will prevail and given green is the only compound in the double Dee you'll be ok if you've cleaned off the dot

Motors can be collected on Friday

Cars will be tech'd on Friday

We're hoping to have the motor checker there on Friday too, will advise. However we won't be pulling motors apart unless they fail the motor check test as provided by aarcmcc

We'll advise today of the practice schedule for Friday

Cheers
Nat Maniac and Volition like this.
Old 09-06-2017, 10:16 PM
Tech Elite

OK guys, heres a bit of a plan for Friday

Practice /watering / maintenance

We'll blow the track and water it at 8am, 11am, 2pm and then the track will be closed at 430. The track will be closed in the morning until after the 8am watering

The track will be declared open once the track crew are satisfied the water has sunk in enough etc, don't worry, we wont be drowning it

The plan is to run a rolling 5 minute practise system, its a bit of an honesty based system. You practise for 5 minutes, pop down and marshal for 5 minutes then repeat the process. maximum of 10 drivers on the stand at any time. If it gets too busy then we will go to class based practise

Cars can be checked from the morning, we'll have the width boxes and scales out then when you officially get your car checked off we'll mark the chassis

Stock motors will be checked using an analyser which tests many facets of the motor including timing in about 10 seconds, tested motors will be marked and serial numbers recorded remembering that you can have maximum of 3 motors assigned to a particular chassis. The motor checker will be good to go from around mid morning, so plan time in your day to take the motor out, to bring it down to be checked, the motor must be pulled out of the car and cannot be connected to an esc nor have a pinion on it.

Drinks / Chips / Chocs will be available during the day and all weekend at race control

Cheers

Mikey

Last edited by NOFX; 09-06-2017 at 10:30 PM.
Old 09-06-2017, 11:08 PM
Tech Addict

I won't make it until Sunday morning, will it be ok to get the car checked then?
Old 09-06-2017, 11:10 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bd581
I won't make it until Sunday morning, will it be ok to get the car checked then?
Yes, for those not practising on Friday, you can tech the cars in the morning of race day
bd581 likes this.
Old 09-09-2017, 03:42 AM
Tech Elite

Hi everyone. Thanks for a great day of racing today. For those not at the trophy presentation today, we will be starting 30 minutes earlier tomorrow. So concourse/ drivers meeting at 8am, racing kicks off at 830.

Cheers

Mikey
Old 09-10-2017, 07:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thanks to the club for putting on a great event and fantastic track. Was my first visit to Castle Hill and I really enjoyed the location and the hospitality. Look forward to coming back sometime!

Ray
doorz likes this.
Old 09-11-2017, 03:37 AM
Tech Elite

Hi all

I'll post up the zip files of the results tomorrow so you'll be able to check through each race result etc

Cheers

Mikey
Old 09-11-2017, 09:10 PM
Tech Elite

Default Results

Hi All

Please find attached the zip files of results from both days. Due to the size restriction of attachments, I had to split the 2wd day up, so juniors have their own folder

I hope you all got home safely

All the best

Cheers

Mikey
Attached Files
File Type: zip
NSW State Titles 2017 - 4wd.zip (176.7 KB, 135 views)