12 Proposed Event Schedule - Updated
Track Opening and Event Timing
· Monday 13th March – Thursday 16th March - Track Closed
Friday 17th March
· 7.00am - Tyres available for collection.
· 8:00am - Open practice.
· 9:30am - Controlled practice commences, 10 min track time for each class pending on number drivers (technical inspection to occur immediately after)
· The last Controlled Practice will be used for seeding for Qualifying races on Saturday
· 6:00pm - Controlled practice concludes. Open practice remains available until dark.
Saturday 18th March
· 7.00am - Tyres available for collection.
· 8:00am - Drivers meeting and Concourse.
· 8.30am - Qualifying Round 1, qualifying rounds 2-5 are run on Saturday and may be run under lights if required and time permitting.
· Track closed
Sunday 19th March
· 7:00am - Tyres available for collection (technical inspection).
· 8:00am – Drivers meeting. - No Practice is Available
· 08:30am - Beginning of Finals Round 1 or Round 5 Qualifying if not run already
· 3:15pm - Finishing time (pending on number of entrants)
· 3:30pm - Award presentation ceremony.
The above schedule is indicative and subject to change at any time by the Race Director to account for unforeseen circumstances including inclement weather. If need be the Event can continue under the track flood lighting
13 Stock Motor Requirements & Testing Schedule
Body Shells Inspections Allocated time slots:
This applies to MOD, 13.5T & 21.5T all body shells are to be presented for pre tech inspection during Friday Control Practice
Friday 11AM-12PM MOD, 13.5T & 21.5T
Friday 3-4PM MOD, 13.5T & 21.5T
(only available for racers who did not attend control practice)
Motor Technical Inspections Allocated time slots:
Friday 9:30-10:30AM 13.5T
Friday 10:30-11AM 21.5T
Friday 4-5PM 13.5T & 21.5T
(only available for racers who arrived after 11AM)
Saturday 6:30-7:30AM 13.5T & 21.5T
(only available for racers who did not attend Friday)
The only exception to motors not being presented for technical inspection on Friday during the above allocated time slots will be racers who are unable to attend Friday. If you need to have your car inspected on Saturday make sure you arrive early and contact the scrutineer and or race director as soon as you arrive on Saturday!
Motor Technical Inspection will be conducted as follows:
Competitors can submit up to two motors for technical inspection ie either 1 or 2 motors.
To speed up the process motors must be removed from the car presented without pinion gear, wires or sensor cable.
Any previous scutineering tags must be removed prior to submitting
Motors for technical inspection.
Racers must bring suitable tools to the scrutineering tent to dismantle their own motors for inspection as required. See note below
It is strongly suggest that racers arrive to the track on Friday morning with motors already removed from their car ready to inspect.
Stock Motor Requirements
To be legal for use at AARCMCC sanctioned events the motor needs to be ROAR, BRCA, or EFRA approved AND also meet the technical specifications.
Technical specifications are listed in AARCMCC EP On-Road General & Technical Rules, key dimensions for 21.5T and 13.5T are listed below. It is the racers responsibility to ensure that their gear is legal. See the instructions below for measuring your motor to make sure it is legal. http://www.teamtekin.com/news/tekin-...spect-a-motor/
Motor Can Maximum diameter is 36.02mm excluding solder tabs or lead wires. Minimum diameter is 34.00mm excluding solder tabs or lead wires.
Maximum length is 53.00mm Stator 21.5T & 13.5T Stack minimum length 19.30mm, maximum 21.00mm. Stack inside diameter minimum 14.50mm, maximum 16.00mm. The thickness of the stack plates is 0.35 +/- 0.05mm.
Rotor 21.5T & 13.5T Shaft diameter must be 3.175mm. The shaft outside diameter, where the magnet is mounted, shall be minimum 7.25 +/- 0.150mm. Magnet minimum length 23.00mm, maximum 27.00mm. Magnet outside diameter minimum 12.00mm, maximum 12.51mm
The following motors will need to be dismantled for technical inspection; other motors that are not listed below may also require dismantling and will be determined during technical inspection.
Hobbywing (some motors)
LRP X12, X20
R1 wurks V7 & V9
Reedy Sonic, March 2
Speed passion (some motors)
Tekin Redline Gen 2
Trinity (Kill Shots Early models)
The multimeter used for the event will be available for checking battery voltages during Friday controlled practice. It is the racers responsibility to ensure that their batteries are not overcharged