Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events
2017 Castle Hill Vintage Enduro 26th Feb 2017 EP10 OFR >

2017 Castle Hill Vintage Enduro 26th Feb 2017 EP10 OFR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree40Likes

2017 Castle Hill Vintage Enduro 26th Feb 2017 EP10 OFR

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 04-12-2017, 05:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thanks for posting the results Mikey. Its really interesting to read through in terms of the race storey, driver fastest laps and consistency. There wasn't much in it across the broad range of car and driver combinations.

Whilst fast lap times is one measure of driver ability, I think we have to look at consistency as well when awarding points etc too.
Old 04-12-2017, 06:21 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Re great day

Thanks Mikey i can see your point about the car points, I didnt know my lap time and i didnt think i was going to be that quick so i can understand your drivers point scoring difficulties. We are getting a track going in Bathurst at the moment and are going to copy Castlehills rules for vintage class we think it is a good class. We should be better organised next enduro now we know what to expect.
Old 04-12-2017, 03:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NOFX
Hi Johnny

it was great that you came out for a vintage event!!

I agree about having a monitor outside race control, it was my intention to have one, but its in the works for next year, just need a long hdmi cable

i dont post the driver points on the forum, team captains can ask for the list when planning a team, or as in your case, Cam asked for points for yourself and andrew as i didnt have a points allocation for you guys

i've attached the results to this post, have fun dissecting them!

if anyone knows their teams driver order that was run during the race, please either post or pm me, it just helps when looking at lap times for drivers, 1 fast lap isnt always a complete indicator of the driving level

Cheers

Mikey

thanks for the list Mikey.

re- HDMI cable, how about a Chrome cast or similar device to connect the monitor using the WiFi on your laptop?

cheers
Johnny
Old 04-13-2017, 12:58 AM
Tech Initiate

4K Ultra HD 2160p 1080p Premium HDMI Cable V2.0 3D High Speed Ethernet 1m ~ 10m | eBay
Old 04-14-2017, 07:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Here is the video of the enduro.

https://youtu.be/OREk0eOl69w
Old 04-14-2017, 07:56 PM
Tech Master

Here is the video of the Blitzer enduro

https://youtu.be/35BHX3_fV1o
Old 04-20-2017, 11:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I've had positive feedback regarding the proposed new points listing for buggies/trucks so we'll lock in those changes for 2018. I got one more request to drop the bear hawk down which i thought was a good idea so they are 2 points. I've attached the updated list. Again i'm happy to receive feedback, one cheek one was to have the Losi JRX2 dropped to 3.5 points, i'll leave you to work out which team asked for it it was a valid request as it is the oldest of the losi buggies and parts are hard to find etc, but I felt its still an excellent buggy and good value and on par with the other 4.5 point buggies around it

At this stage given the closeness of a lot of the teams i'm going to freeze the points for teams who return in 2018 so teams who return next year with the same line up with have the same points allocation as this year. Some teams with first time entrants can get in touch if a re-jig is required
Attached Files
Old 04-21-2017, 01:39 PM
Tech Addict

PM Micheal
Old 04-21-2017, 03:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Wheel Nut
PM Micheal
Cheers. Received and replied
Old 04-21-2017, 03:33 PM
Tech Elite

Guys I've had some feedback regarding the blitzer enduro. So I'm looking for opinions. The request has been to drop the blitzer race and allow extra practice time in the morning.

Cheers

Mikey
Old 04-21-2017, 07:15 PM
Tech Addict

Noooooooooooo!!!!!!
I absolutely loved the blitzer race. It was so much fun. I enjoyed it so much I contemplated running the blitzer in the enduro too!
More blitzers is what's needed.
NOFX and Capt_Splatt like this.
Old 04-21-2017, 07:56 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yep i reckon we wont be running the blitzer enduro again unless its run on a saturday arvo whivh is our teams preference as we are always there by that time anyway Its makes the day too cramped especially if there is no daylight savings. Always thought sat arvo would be good as beers bbq and show n tell can be part of as well as everyone high tails it on Sunday arvo so its hard to get to chat and take timeout with everyone and see what cars they ate running etc..just our two bobs worth.
Old 04-23-2017, 04:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by flustorm
Yep i reckon we wont be running the blitzer enduro again unless its run on a saturday arvo whivh is our teams preference as we are always there by that time anyway Its makes the day too cramped especially if there is no daylight savings. Always thought sat arvo would be good as beers bbq and show n tell can be part of as well as everyone high tails it on Sunday arvo so its hard to get to chat and take timeout with everyone and see what cars they ate running etc..just our two bobs worth.
I'm hearing what you're saying about it being a cramped day, my concern is if we move it to the saturday, there are a lot of people who come from regional cities outside of sydney that can do the trip to the track and home in a day, we'll run the risk of losing some of those guys who arent prepared to drive up twice on the weekend or cant stay overnight etc so its a catch 22, free up the sunday a bit but potentially lose the blitzer race anyway but we'll see what the people say and if its likely we'll get a field on saturday then it can be done.

Theres something strangely fun about nursing an extremely poor handling car around for a stint, but only in hindsight, about 2 weeks later, and not if you watch the vid footage.

One other bit of feedback i've had is remove the reverse grid component, so its a double win, good grid spot and pick of marshaling position. also with either a one hot lap shoot out style or 3 laps where only 1 driver from the team does the quali.

I appreciate all the thoughts and ideas guys, we'll throw stuff around and see what works

Cheers

Mikey
Old 04-24-2017, 06:29 AM
Tech Initiate

I'll throw out a silly idea: Maybe the Blitzer enduro can be made to be a little more accessible and a non-vintage race? Build your rubbish to a price limit eg. LeMons/ChumpCar. It keeps the vintage stuff as top billing and allows people to bring any eBay special they can cobble together and have an in to the fun
Old 04-24-2017, 03:54 PM
Tech Addict

You can buy, build and prepare a blitzer for the same as or less cost than many eBay specials.
Our team had so much fun in the Blitzer race and have talked about it so much that we have a few others enthused and might be able to put together an extra team for next year.

Having the race on Saturday as mentioned makes it hard (and expensive) for those of us that don't live in Sydney. The biggest issue for us was that because the day finished late in the afternoon, driving home to where we live in the dark is not a enjoyable drive. However, that's no fault of the event or organisation, that's the fault of the rained out first event and daylight savings.

Personally, I'd still do the race if moved to Saturday if it would increase its popularity.
But that day would probably need something else different and unique to add to it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.