Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events
2017 Castle Hill Vintage Enduro 26th Feb 2017 EP10 OFR >

2017 Castle Hill Vintage Enduro 26th Feb 2017 EP10 OFR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree40Likes

2017 Castle Hill Vintage Enduro 26th Feb 2017 EP10 OFR

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 02-25-2017, 11:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yeah its p!$$ing down at my uncles place.
Old 02-25-2017, 11:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default Race postponed

Hi guys.

I'm making the call, the enduro is postponed due to rain, hopefully the southerners and Bathurst lads haven't left yet or aren't too far along the freeway

I'll come back asap with a new date

Cheers

Mikey
Old 02-25-2017, 11:11 AM
Tech Master

Cheers Mikey, ill contact Brad.
Old 02-25-2017, 12:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Thanks Mikey. Sounds like a good call, appreciate the notice as well.
Old 02-25-2017, 12:16 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks for letting us know early Micheal.
Old 02-25-2017, 12:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Good call. No sense in mud bogging for 5 straight hours.
Old 02-25-2017, 01:53 PM
Tech Addict

The luck I'm having today I'm glad I'm not racing now!
As much as I was looking forward to it, it's not worth risking the cars.
Old 03-01-2017, 02:05 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re-run date

Hi All

I've been in touch with all the teams to find the most suitable date for the rerun of the vintage enduro so it will be held on Sunday 09/04/17

Most of the teams have indicated that they will be able to make it on that date and we have an old team reuniting in the tri-hards now that the enduro doesnt clash with the nitro event in ACT

We also have to opportunity to revive the Blitzer enduro, the Tri-hards have already put themselves down for it, i know the bathurst boys were keen, my team will have a truck for the race so we only need 3 more and we can put the race back on the schedule. If teams can let me know by 16/03/17 so i can order the medallions if the race is on. As an experiment, if a team wanted to run a plastic buggy as a "non-point scoring" entrant just to see how they compare to the blitzer over the race, i'd be happy to allow them in. The plastic car will need to run a 540

Also don't forget that you dont have to run in the same team in the blitzer enduro as you do in the main race, so in my team, 3 of us have trucks, we could form our own little teams for the blitzer race

Cheers and thanks for your patience and thanks to everyone who got back to me quickly about the dates, i'll update the first page also

Mikey

Last edited by NOFX; 03-02-2017 at 02:37 PM.
Old 03-03-2017, 03:08 PM
Tech Addict

Default Team Weak Link Racing

Hi Guys, due to other commitments Team Weak Link will not be racing in the enduro, I know this may cause issues as our names were already on the winners trophy, but I guess on the upside this will give one of the less skilled teams a chance at the trophy.

But it looks like another team has realised that Team Weak Link was at the top of the RC enduro skills ladder and have seized the opportunity to capitalize on our demises buy making an offer of a drive for myself.

I am sure there will be a new team announcement shortly.

PS. I have a blitzer and pending the new teams approval we will be running Blitzer enduro.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Team Weak Link for all of their help in getting to this point and to all the msg's from the other teams congratulating Team Weak Link on their win ( had the event not been rained out ) and overall fantastic sportsmanship during the lead up to the event.

I look forward to celebrating an enduro win with my new team mates
Old 03-03-2017, 03:39 PM
Tech Addict

[QUOTE=cleatus;14857721]Hi Guys, due to other commitments Team Weak Link will not be racing in the enduro, I know this may cause issues as our names were already on the winners trophy, but I guess on the upside this will give one of the less skilled teams a chance at the trophy.

But it looks like another team has realised that Team Weak Link was at the top of the RC enduro skills ladder and have seized the opportunity to capitalize on our demises buy making an offer of a drive for myself.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Team Weak Link for all of their help in getting to this point and to all the msg's from the other teams congratulating Team Weak Link on their win ( had the event not been rained out ) and overall fantastic sportsmanship during the lead up to the event.

Well, that was a very nice dream you had last night cleatus.
Old 03-04-2017, 12:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Following our presumed 2017 Enduro victory, Weak Link Racing will be back in 2018 as reigning champions, hungry for another win.

Due to the temporary defection of one Dr Musgrove, WLR are now taking applications for a 4th driver.

Prerequisites for the position are pretty specific - the applicant must be able to weld like a qualified boiler maker, be able to fully skin and tan the hide of a human in under 10 minutes, and have the initials C.M.

Applicants must complete and submit their application along with the non refundable processing fee of $295.00 no later than race day of the 2018 enduro.

Thankyou for all your support of WLR in this difficult time of transition.

Regards,

Where's my car?
Old 03-04-2017, 01:29 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by stephenianjames
Following our presumed 2017 Enduro victory, Weak Link Racing will be back in 2018 as reigning champions, hungry for another win.

Due to the temporary defection of one Dr Musgrove, WLR are now taking applications for a 4th driver.

Prerequisites for the position are pretty specific - the applicant must be able to weld like a qualified boiler maker, be able to fully skin and tan the hide of a human in under 10 minutes, and have the initials C.M.

Applicants must complete and submit their application along with the non refundable processing fee of $295.00 no later than race day of the 2018 enduro.

Thankyou for all your support of WLR in this difficult time of transition.

Regards,

Where's my car?
Another one from the WLR with the same dream. You blokes must be brain washed. And I see you still haven't found your car Steve. Maybe by 2018 you may have located it,fingers crossed.
Old 03-07-2017, 08:30 PM
Tech Elite

Hey guys

Just an update, we're getting close to having enough entries for the blitzer enduro so only one more entry and it'll be locked in assuming the Bathurst boys are in

Blitzer Enduro

1. The Try-hards
2. The Freestylers (Jon/Jason/Clint)
3. The Dukes
4. Dinosaurs will die
5. Once were drivers (pending confirmation)

Main enduro

A few big changes here.

As announced earlier. Weak link racing have kept true to their name so we say "goodbye" to them this time round

Pete W has seized the opportunity to re-form the Try-hards team that came so close to victory last year so he, Nathan and Christian are back again

Clint from WLR has been drafted in by Jon and Jason (The Freestylers) to complete the line up there replacing Pete

So we've still got 9 teams which is great to see

1. The Try-Hards - Pete Wagner (Astute), Nathan Tanti (RC10), Christian Searle (RC10T2)

2. The Dukes of Casso – James Whitbourn (Madcap), Gavin Kilian (RC10), Jason Hollis (Optima rere), Michael Russell (Optima Mid)

3. Make RC Great Again – Cam Sautelle (RC10), Paul Shannon (RC10), Andrew Sienniak (Bear hawk), Jonny Xu (Bear Hawk)

4. Bugle Boy Racing - Bugle (RC10T), David Niven (RC10), Romsey (RC10), Scott McQueen (Madcap)

5. Going Down South Racing – Dave Matthews (Egress), Michael Harlow (Losi JRX2), Scott Hogan (RC10T2), David Gynn (Cougar 2000)

6. Once Were Drivers – Brad Denning (Optima rere), Stephen Thorncraft (RC10), Wayne Wilkins (RC10), Brendan George (Traxxas Blue Eagle LSII/RC10T)

7. The Codgers - Rob Smith (RC10B2), Dave Martin (RC10T), Brian Goby (RC10)

8. Dinosaurs will die– Shane Edwards (RC10), Terence Chang (Bear Hawk), Dan Burrough (RC10T/RC10)

9. The Freestylers - Clint M (Egress), Jason Milward (Cougar), Jon Koumans (Lazer ZX-R)

McCheers

Mikey
Old 03-07-2017, 08:41 PM
Tech Addict

Sounds good the Blitzers may run. Pleased to see we have all nine teams still for the enduro. Doesn't matter who wins the race, I think we all come away winners just for competing in the Enduro. I like, all you other fella's look forward to this event every year.
Old 03-12-2017, 09:59 PM
Tech Elite

Default 2017 Festival date

Ok guys

Lock the date in your calendars, the 2017 Festival will be on November 11 and 12. its a bit later in the year than previous festivals, but with Castle Hill hosting the state titles in September and the Nationals also on the east coast at Maitland in October, it was too hard to fit it between the two events and not clash with school Holidays etc.

I will have a thread up hopefully within a week or so

A couple of quick heads up for this year.

Stadium truck will be run on Sunday (4wd day) as will the two demo classes

Demo classes dont count towards your classes for a day however I dont recommend running 3 normal classes and 2 demo classes and if you do you'll need to organise substitute marshals where you have back to back races and are unable to marshal.

Monster truck Demo truck class

this is happening! Draft rules will be posted tomorrow!!

Cheers

Mikey

PS please dont confuse this information with the enduro, i've just posted it here so people will see it

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.