R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events

Old 08-09-2016, 07:00 PM   #16
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I thought the EP ONR Nationals had to be on the 2nd or 3rd weekend of November as per AARCMCC Rules.
This event contradicting the rules prevents quite a few of us from attending/competing

Very disappointed, I loved racing on this track at the State titles earlier this year and was looking forward to this event.
It's a shame the date was moved forward

Xray | MuchMore | Nosram | PROTOform | Hudy
jedx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 11:08 PM   #17
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Coming over from Tassie Just 1 question in the 21.5 class 1855kv is it only the motor can be used or can you use any 21.5t motor
Thanks
ian scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 01:21 AM   #18
PDR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian scott View Post
Coming over from Tassie Just 1 question in the 21.5 class 1855kv is it only the motor can be used or can you use any 21.5t motor
Thanks
For the "Junior" class, it's a specific motor, as per the web site: "Turnigy TrackStar 21.5T 1855KV sensored brushless motor. P/N:9192000034 ONLY"

For the sanctioned 21.5 TC class, it's approved motors from the ROAR and BRCA lists, as per section 10.3 in the AARCMCC rules (http://aarcmcc.org/docs/AARCMCC%20EP...s%20201601.pdf).

AARCMCC 21.5 motor rules also apply to F1, although the class is not sanctioned or otherwise regulated by AARCMCC.
Making an A Main at a Scotty Ernst event. Awesome. Scotty calling you first in A1. Priceless
PDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 03:08 AM   #19
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian scott View Post
Thanks
TFTR website also has the ruling for 21.5 Sportsman Class.
Old 08-11-2016, 02:16 AM   #20
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Any suggestions on where to stay near the track ?
Old 08-11-2016, 09:38 PM   #21
Tech Rookie

Regarding Mini's
Quote:
Originally Posted by cplus View Post
not widely supported around the country.
I think I would challenge the veracity of that statement. Going through the results available online across all states reveals that Mini, where run in conjunction with F1 attracts more drivers than F1.

Indeed, I would suggest that Mini is still Australia's favourite non-sanctioned on-road class if we count the driver numbers.

Also Mini was run at the Victorian, New South Wales and Tasmania State Titles and I hope can find a place at the Nationals.

I'm ready to be corrected if any of the statements I have made are wrong.
GregL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 12:47 AM   #22
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendon View Post
Any suggestions on where to stay near the track ?
At the bottom of the entry form there's a few links.

13 Accommodation
Old 08-12-2016, 01:11 AM   #23
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregL View Post
Regarding Mini's

I think I would challenge the veracity of that statement. Going through the results available online across all states reveals that Mini, where run in conjunction with F1 attracts more drivers than F1.

Indeed, I would suggest that Mini is still Australia's favourite non-sanctioned on-road class if we count the driver numbers.

Also Mini was run at the Victorian, New South Wales and Tasmania State Titles and I hope can find a place at the Nationals.

I think if clubs had wanted Mini to be run at every AARCMCC Championship they wouldn't have voted for it to be desanctioned. Demonstration classes are up to the club (in consultation with AARCMCC), and popularity doesn't have to be a criteria. The choice of demo class is their prerogative.

Demonstration classes can be selected with a view to showing people something different, catering for locals, encouraging participation in specific disciplines, campaigning for support for a new national class, pure entertainment for spectators, or really anything the club likes. The club also get to weigh up the pros and cons of demonstration classes and the schedule timing for the event (though AARCMCC will step in if you want to run a million classes). It's actually an area where the host club has most control.
Australian 12th Scale hastag: #EP12AU
Radio Active is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 04:15 AM   #24
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Regarding Mini's

Personally I think F1 is or is becoming much more popular than mini. It's internationally recognised via ETS which helps, and the chassis are well supported by a number of manufacturers and readily available locally and online. Motors and ESC are also common, and quite often "hand me downs" from tourers.

Getting an M series chassis from a hobbyshop isn't as easy as it once was either. Tamiya is poorly distributed these days.

The numbers at Vic and NSW were solid and it did provide some decent racing, but Mini in WA, SA, QLD and ACT is either dead or close to it. F1 has numbers nationally and this is the Nationals - we need to focus first and foremost on the classes the clubs want to be sanctioned and then fit demos that make sense for the situation. Help scheduling and offer racers additionally track time. It was decided 2 heats (3 at a pinch) of demo is all that the club wants to run as they will likely get 10 or more for the sanctioned classes going by the vics entries. So one class is it.
cplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 05:18 AM   #25
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Personally I think F1 is or is becoming much more popular than mini. It's internationally recognised via ETS which helps, and the chassis are well supported by a number of manufacturers and readily available locally and online. Motors and ESC are also common, and quite often "hand me downs" from tourers.

Getting an M series chassis from a hobbyshop isn't as easy as it once was either. Tamiya is poorly distributed these days.

The numbers at Vic and NSW were solid and it did provide some decent racing, but Mini in WA, SA, QLD and ACT is either dead or close to it. F1 has numbers nationally and this is the Nationals - we need to focus first and foremost on the classes the clubs want to be sanctioned and then fit demos that make sense for the situation. Help scheduling and offer racers additionally track time. It was decided 2 heats (3 at a pinch) of demo is all that the club wants to run as they will likely get 10 or more for the sanctioned classes going by the vics entries. So one class is it.
They're actually running two demo classes. Junior sportsman is the other. I'm personally not a fan of having another TC class as a demo class, but I can see why they'd want to cater for juniors to grow the sport. I wouldn't expect many interstate juniors so I'm not sure if they'll get the necessary numbers. In the event there aren't numbers to run juniors, I'd love to see mini considered as an option.
gigaplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 07:24 AM   #26
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio Active View Post
Blah...
Quote:
Blah..
I am only passionately promoting the Mini class based on the logic of driver numbers, precedence, and providence; at the National's which are being held in my state, at one of my local clubs.

Any discussion on what classes should be sanctioned, have been sanctioned, or will be sanctioned should be kept to the AARCMCC EP On-Road Forum thread. Personal feelings should not be relevant to the discussion if not based of hard proof.

I don't wish to pollute this thread with a debate on Mini's relevance on the Australian radio control on-road landscape. However, I will readily debate what AARCMCC is, should be, and it's continuation as the body that oversees radio control racing, and how it represents all radio control drivers in Australia in the appropriate AARCMCC EP On-Road thread.

I hope that this years AARCMCC Nationals attract more numbers than ever before in the history of RC racing in Australia. However, if time and numbers permit I hope that TFTR will consider allowing Australia's most popular non-sanctioned class a run.

This is all I will say on this topic.
GregL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 06:19 PM   #27
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigaplex View Post
They're actually running two demo classes. Junior sportsman is the other. I'm personally not a fan of having another TC class as a demo class, but I can see why they'd want to cater for juniors to grow the sport. I wouldn't expect many interstate juniors so I'm not sure if they'll get the necessary numbers. In the event there aren't numbers to run juniors, I'd love to see mini considered as an option.
This is true. Junior sportsman is a fantastic class. I actually tend to forget about it, as at the end of the day, it actually pretty much complies with 21.5 sanctioned anyway - it just provides a opportunity for juniors to race each other and have the satisfaction of a "win"
Old 08-12-2016, 06:32 PM   #28
Tech Elite

Quote:
Howeve, if time and numbers permit I hope that TFTR will consider allowing Australia's most popular non-sanctioned class a run.

This is all I will say on this topic.
Your passion is brilliant. And the fact you want to see the nationals a success regardless of classes should also commended and encouraged.

As for your statement above, that is your opinion. our survey results from earlier this year don't reflect this, however.

Of the responses, over 50% stated they race F1 either "occasionally, often or all the time" versus 30% for Mini. For each of the descriptors, F1 was also ahead in each (Occ 26.9% vs 17.3, Often 14.4% vs 5.8% and AotT 10% vs 8.3%)

If we were to rerun the survey, I would expect the reaults to be even more in favour of F1
Old 08-12-2016, 07:52 PM   #29
Tech Master

Just to add some facts:

Both F1 and Mini were offered as demo classes at last years Nationals.

Mini had 6 drivers, dominated by 1 driver.

F1 had 2 full heats and any 1 of 3 drivers could have won going into the last final.

Good turn out at AOC too (yes I know Mini was not offered so not really comparable). Would suggest that F1 would be more likely to be re-sanctioned in the long term but that is a discussion for another forum. Back to this years Nationals...
TQ Wire, RW Racing - Pinions & Spurs
vr01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 01:16 AM   #30
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa7ash View Post
At the bottom of the entry form there's a few links.

13 Accommodation

Thanks, I hadn't opened the entry form up.