Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events
2016 Castle Hill Off Road Vintage Festival 29 & 30 Oct >

2016 Castle Hill Off Road Vintage Festival 29 & 30 Oct

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2016 Castle Hill Off Road Vintage Festival 29 & 30 Oct

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-20-2016, 04:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NOFX
Graphite tub, now you're just teasing us. Pics or it ain't real.

PS I know you wouldn't make it up, just want to see a pic of that cool chassis 😃
It's a bit used, but it will do the job after a full rebuild
Old 09-20-2016, 07:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by D_n2blue
Thanks guys for the feedback. For some reason it won't let me delete the entries. Tried it on my phone and that didn't work either.

Any chance this can be changed on the day if I can't get it working?
Hi David. Just do new entries for the classes you want to be in and let me know which ones you want to be removed from and I'll delete them for you

Cheers
Old 09-20-2016, 03:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I've often tried to work out how many people/entries they get at the VONATS but sometimes the results are hard to find.

Vintage Festival > VONATS

Old 09-21-2016, 04:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

VONATS?
Well shit. I think I'm nearly bringing that many cars, just to cover breakages

Got to tinker in the shed again tonight. Time enough for a group photo too.
Old 09-21-2016, 04:42 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Capt_Splatt
VONATS?

^^^ Mikey likes this 👍
Old 09-21-2016, 08:49 PM
Tech Elite

Good news Guys!!

The Hobbyking tent is back this year! just a reminder, interstate drivers get first call on setting up under there then its open for anyone, then we can just build our Vintage tent city around it

Cheers

Mikey
Old 09-22-2016, 01:40 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Capt_Splatt
VONATS?

Seriously jealous of that Samurai!
Old 09-22-2016, 09:47 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Good news Guys!!

The Hobbyking tent is back this year! just a reminder, interstate drivers get first call on setting up under there then its open for anyone, then we can just build our Vintage tent city around it

Cheers

Mikey
Hi hope the locks on the gates arent vandalised this year.....those things are seriously heavy!!!
Old 09-22-2016, 09:47 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by D_n2blue
Seriously jealous of that Samurai!
Wow lookin good Deano...almost too good
Old 09-25-2016, 06:12 PM
Tech Elite

Hey dudes!

Well the numbers keep rolling in which is fantastic!! As of a few minutes ago we’re up to 68 entries!!

Classes cutoff: We have a few classes that are currently under the minimum 5 entries for the class to go ahead. Both Mod classes are down on numbers this year so we may have to remove those classes this year and the pipe frame and misfits class at this stage are looking like they will be merged into one big brawl. Classes under the 5 entries will be closed off on Sunday 02/10/16 so theres enough time for the trophy order to be put in. If you know dudes that haven’t yet entered and were keen to run mod, tell them to get their entry in soon or they’ll miss out. But not all is lost, if we have to close the mod classes, you can throw the right motor in and run Stock or Classic

Track: I got a few laps on the track on the weekend and the Casso team have done a fantastic job!! Most of the jump sections are rolling mogul type jumps that with 540 or sport tuned are all just taken as singles which levels out the playing field as theres not really any opportunities to clear jumps and save time so rolling the jumps is your best option. These sections have astro turf on them now but should have carpet on by the time the festival is on so they’ll be a softer on the cars.

On the large jump section, there is a big double followed by a table top. With 540 and sport tuned these would all be taken as singles again, but to make it a bit simpler especially for the plastics and hotshots, Clint is building a bridge to cover the gap between the two singles. This will make the large jump section just two nice doubles so if you hit the first jump too fast, you won have a slap landing on the bottom, you’ll land on the top of the table top and roll down the down ramp. Guys a huge thanks needs to go out for Clint, he’s putting in his own time, effort and materials to build this bridge for us so we’ll have a tin down at race control for donations to cover these costs for Clint if you would like to contribute. The beauty of the bridge is that it’ll be removable and we can store it in the container for the enduro and festival next year and it will have carpet on top so grip wont be an issue. There’s a bet running to so who will be the first person to end up stuck under the bridge somehow

Transponders: Again a quick reminder that the club transponders are not up to the job so were asking everyone to arrange their own personals, beg, borrow or steal, please get one, I’ve seen a bunch going up on rctech for sale thread lately at good prices

Cheers

Mikey
Old 09-25-2016, 06:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Are we going to leave the "Clint spec" bridge on the track over night or are we going to store it in the container shed? 'Coz i have a nasty feeling someone will like it more than we do (if you know what i mean).
Old 09-25-2016, 07:19 PM
Tech Elite

We'll definitely pack it away overnight
Old 09-25-2016, 09:55 PM
Tech Champion

Idea for next year: if you can make a removable bridge you can make a removable cross-over bridge!
Old 09-26-2016, 03:15 AM
Tech Adept

Hey vintage peeps! Though I would give a little update on running vintage at the new track layout. For starters the guy at the Castle hill club have done a fantasmical job with the new track and layout, its longer then it used to be, a for more smaller jump sections and just the layout in general is way better then it used to be so thumbs up for a excellent job to all those involved!!

So I got to run a couple vintage cars using 540 and the sport tuned (plus some vintage mods setups) and the cars ran really well on the new layout and there are allot of cool fast sections mixed in with slower s bends and 2 new quad jump sections that are spaced in a way that for 540 and sport tuned, they will most likely need to be taken as single rollover type jumps which I think will make the racing even closer an more interesting for vintage. No longer is it a matter of just looking for the clean line and zoom off you go. I am pretty sure the racing will be a lot closer this year with a few surprises install and I think more tightly packed and very open which is a great thing for racing and fun driving in general!!

All in all my impression was the new layout is a total winner for our vintage racing and was a quite fun track to run on. Also I found the traction was back up to what it used to be, especially as there was some light rain interspersed on the weekend that helped pack it down. So the normal tire choice you had for last year should work just as well this year.

Well I am stoked and cant wait for the festival! I hope you guys all are, don't forget to get your entries in and I will see you all there!
Old 09-26-2016, 03:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Sounds great Mikey! Will there be a clubby between the long weekend and Vintage Festival?

Will Mr Daniel "The superstar race caller" Cotton be joining us for the festival?

He was just so good at the Enduro!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.