2016 Knox Cup Drivers Series

Old 04-04-2016, 07:36 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by milzaman
Are you suggesting we should run less races to fit it all one day?? Well that sounds unfair to the driver's that don't make A finals.
Anyway from the feedback that I'm hearing and the postive posts on FB, they had a fantastic weekend and are happy with how the event was run.
I don't know how posting here is going to help your grievance but i hope you do find some kind of resolution.
Is it UNFAIR for the people who made plans based on the advertised first format (planned for up to 180 entries) of sat morning practice until racing starts at 2:30pm, then change it with less than 1 week out (entries were at about 160)?
That chopped 2 hours off sat morning practice, left 3 workdays to ask for a friday off, fine for locals who then got the chance of monday for a bit extra practice, too bad for travelling drivers who had never had a run on the new layout.
How many people entered early and didn't race?
Well i'm giving feedback from somebody who didn't get to enjoy the weekend of racing as the late change screwed my chance of any meaningful practice time!!
Old 04-04-2016, 07:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

Well I'm sorry if i cant please everyone, you know even the best plans can change at a drop of hat, either it be due to wheather or whatever.I gave up my easter to run the timing, (worked every day of easter, we are just volunteers to do this, none of the committee are paid to do this.
If you really want to get some practice in, maybe plan to arrive the night before the days practice, I'm planning to go to Mildura major event, I'll head up Thursday.
Anyway, we all learn from previous events and we will endeavor to rectify any issue that need resolving in future events.
Relax mate, what's done is done, let's move on, and enjoy the hobby.
All the best to you.✊
Old 04-12-2016, 02:15 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I travelled from Mildura on Friday morning loved the 2 day format wish all rounds be 2 day was a enjoyable relaxing weekend of racing instead of being cramped into 1 day to much of a rush running several cars in one day both myself and my son enjoyed ourselves awesome track event ran perfect top effort by you milza
Old 04-12-2016, 04:43 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by drusty81
I travelled from Mildura on Friday morning loved the 2 day format wish all rounds be 2 day was a enjoyable relaxing weekend of racing instead of being cramped into 1 day to much of a rush running several cars in one day both myself and my son enjoyed ourselves awesome track event ran perfect top effort by you milza
Cheers Man! Glad to here you and the boy had a good time. I look forward to coming up to the Mildura event. Get pumped!