Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events
2014 VINTAGE MEET KEILOR APRIL 26TH >

2014 VINTAGE MEET KEILOR APRIL 26TH

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2014 VINTAGE MEET KEILOR APRIL 26TH

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2014, 05:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)
Default 2014 VINTAGE MEET KEILOR APRIL 26TH

Proudly Sponsored By Central RC

Keilor will be running a vintage meet in conjuction with sct stampede and truck
on the sat 26th april club day on 27th this is anzac weekend this thread is for the vintage part of the meeting.stay tunned for more information

RACE MEET NOT ENDURO HEATS AND FINALS

classes for vintage at this stage will be

RC10 WORLDS CAR WELCOME

2wd 540 vintage open tire and wheel pre 1991 buggys
4wd 540 vintage open tire and wheel pre 1991 buggys
RS540 Mabuchi silvercan with black endbell /Johnson 540 grey endbell ONLY
start time is 10 am ats pratice track normally open that morning remeber this meet is also sct stampede
saterday is our day with sct and staduim trucks sunday is a club day so you can race modern cars or if enough vitage
cars we can run also.

vintage 540 trucks if enough intrest will ask committee

PLEASE NOTE TIRES AND RIMS OPEN

please let me no youre intrest or if you are going to attend and we will get a list going

Category Batteries:
• Hard case Li-Po 7.4 v nominal voltage maximum.
• Sub-C cells. 7.2 v nominal voltage maximum

pm if you need more info will be updating soon with track pics and more info,start times,track info ectra, regards wiggy

we are looking at short track no big jumps or drop off trying to make this get off the ground so any imput most welcome.
if there is a need for vintage truck or mod let us no.
remeber track is only a stone throw from airport,we have food availible,toilets,power,parking ample,drivers stand shade,
more pics on keilor face book page

motels keilor motor inn and airport motel all 15 mins away from track
club will post official entry form soon im just trying ti give you plenty off time to get readyNews

News Flash the official entry form for the sct stampede and vintage meet is now up on keilor web page with more info
get ya enrty in NOW

LASTES NEWS CENRAL RC ARE DONNATING A LUNCH BOX KIT
THANKS DARREN AND MICK

www.keilorrc.org.au

ENTERED
Vintage 2wd (2wd, 540, Pre 1991)
No. Name
1 Mark Rogers
2 John Wiggins
3 Michael Russell
4 Tim Williams
5 Neil Kovács
6 Piers Morton
7 Bob Tierney
8 Ray Munday

Vintage 4wd (4wd, 540, Pre 1991)
No. Name
1 Mark Rogers
2 John Wiggins ANY QUESTIONS PM OR CALL 0407041145
3 Michael Russell
4 Tim Williams
5 Piers Morton
Attached Thumbnails 2014 VINTAGE MEET KEILOR APRIL 26TH-keilor-track.jpg  

Last edited by jaylow215; 04-03-2014 at 01:02 AM.
Old 03-13-2014, 02:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Awesome! Good to see the Keilor club on board for some vintage classes.

Count me in for both mate!

[edit] John, quick question here regards the rules. Pre '91 is stated for vintage, and rightly so, as i know this is the ruling we normally run under at Casso and Wodonga, but I'm assuming this would be excluding anyone wishing to run the (by that time just released) forthcoming re release of the RC10 '93 Worlds Car?

Maybe a ruling alteration for this event could see the inclusion of the '93 era RC10 worlds cars that are otherwise identical to the 91 stealth team cars and graphite's that we all run. If so, a few extras that may otherwise not be able to run their newly purchased '93 vintage class racers, can join us in battle?

Last edited by 'Paris'; 03-13-2014 at 02:52 PM.
Old 03-13-2014, 02:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Well done fellas. Would LOVE to get there BUT Easter holidays already booked in.

Hope it all goes well and look forward to seeing plenty of pics and vids.
Old 03-13-2014, 03:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 'Paris'
Awesome! Good to see the Keilor club on board for some vintage classes.

Count me in for both mate!

[edit] John, quick question here regards the rules. Pre '91 is stated for vintage, and rightly so, as i know this is the ruling we normally run under at Casso and Wodonga, but I'm assuming this would be excluding anyone wishing to run the (by that time just released) forthcoming re release of the RC10 '93 Worlds Car?

Maybe a ruling alteration for this event could see the inclusion of the '93 era RC10 worlds cars that are otherwise identical to the 91 stealth team cars and graphite's that we all run. If so, a few extras that may otherwise not be able to run their newly purchased '93 vintage class racers, can join us in battle?
If you allow that car you may as well include XX Losi.
Just saying
And best of luck with it all, I wont be able to attend as Wodonga has the Mini Nats the same weekend, so i'd say most of us will be there helping out.
Old 03-13-2014, 05:30 PM
Tech Master

Default vintage

worlds buggy cant see it being a problem as its our first vintage for a long time its a fun day we dont wont to exclude genuine vintage racers
Old 03-13-2014, 11:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Sounds cool guys. The vintage rules I've seen through the years allowed the 93 worlds thus it carried through into the rules currently in use at Castle Hill as we didn't want to upset people who had bought a car believing it was within the rules only to then have it excluded. personally its really just a slightly revised version of the 91 car so its worth leaving in and given that its been rere'd it represents an "easier way" for punters to access vintage racing in the first instance then they'll look to move to other cars. everyone knows the real bragging rights are kept for those who run the rarer cars!
Old 03-13-2014, 11:10 PM
Tech Master

Default Vintage

Thanks Mikey totally agree anymore imput welcome as intrest is growing already
Old 03-14-2014, 02:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)
Thumbs up

I'm in with an original gold pan
Old 03-16-2014, 11:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

K guys, I've got the green light to come on down. I've had a look at the Keilor website, and I just need to clarify a couple of things so I can book accommodation. is the meeting just on the 26th day/night? rough start time/finish time? practise available in the morning? can I win the race in the first corner?

I'll be in with the Triumph 2wd, Lazer 4wd and if 540 truck is offered i'll bring the outlaw if I get it finished or the dyna blaster is the backup
Old 03-17-2014, 02:57 AM
Tech Master

Default m

wow great news mikey ill post up top a reply, anybody please let us no if you are attending,please dont let me down guys this a chance to get vintage going at keilor.i have spoken to a potentional sponsor and have already recived offers to help out.
regards john wiggins

Last edited by jaylow215; 03-17-2014 at 03:16 AM.
Old 03-17-2014, 04:30 PM
Tech Master

Default vintage

Entry form now up on keilor web site for sct sampede and vintage meet
Old 03-17-2014, 04:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Why isn't it all (Stampede , Vintage and club day) all being run on the Saturday? Combine it all - after all , SCT numbers have dwindled in recent times. Hand out trophies for the Stampede classes , run the normal classes plus Vintage with an 8am start and finish under lights if necessary.

The Friday is a public holiday and this would give travellers the chance to get home easily on the Sunday........

Just putting it out there.........

Shane
Old 03-17-2014, 04:49 PM
Tech Master

Default anzac

We talked about it shane but as being the long weekend hopfully numbers will be up if that happend you wouldnt fit it all in plus the comm didnt want to change the club day as these are seperate events.
Old 03-17-2014, 06:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shanemac
Why isn't it all (Stampede , Vintage and club day) all being run on the Saturday? Combine it all - after all , SCT numbers have dwindled in recent times. Hand out trophies for the Stampede classes , run the normal classes plus Vintage with an 8am start and finish under lights if necessary.

The Friday is a public holiday and this would give travellers the chance to get home easily on the Sunday........

Just putting it out there.........

Shane
I think running them over both days is far better, gives anyone travelling a chance to run more classes.

I'm running in 2wd and 4wd vintage, plus mod SCT on Saturday, then returning to run 2wd and 4wd mod buggy on the Sunday club day. Where as if it were all on one day, I'd be no way running five classes.
Old 03-17-2014, 06:20 PM
Tech Master

Default m

yes paris that was the idear to give you the best of both worlds and run as manys vehicles as you can how awsome was sydney meet running both days diff classes.will we have our first lady running vintage ? at keilor

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.