Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events
2014 Vintage Festival at Castle Hill Off Road September 27 & 28 >

2014 Vintage Festival at Castle Hill Off Road September 27 & 28

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2014 Vintage Festival at Castle Hill Off Road September 27 & 28

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2014, 06:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by besty22
Anyone got a new scorpion?
Hey Besty,
Dave Warner has a new Scorpion, it looks like the original one. The new gearbox has a diff, slipper clutch and 48dp gears, shocks are smooth and everything else is well engineered.
Old 07-21-2014, 10:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Hey Ed, Been a long while.

I pulled the trigger on a scorpion . Pretty affordable.
Looks a bit like my old AYK Bobcat (Commence debate)

Dont think I will do Yellow body , maybe red or blue or black or some combination of. Maybe some leds for giggles.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Cheers
Old 07-22-2014, 03:07 AM
Tech Addict

Son of a motherless goat

Just realised that I am supposed to be heading north on family holidays on the sat morning of the vintage fest

So I will only be attending on the Saturday, of which none of my cars would be in

So at this point I will be a marshal and general roustabout for the day , unless I can alter the travel plans for the second time for this holiday

The vintage god's hate me
Old 07-22-2014, 07:37 PM
Tech Addict

Hi again,

So I'm a bit confused.
Can I run my RC10 Worlds in 2WD?
I was reading the forum from the start and saw that Capt was getting a Worlds ReRe to race?

Cheers

Besty
Old 07-22-2014, 08:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Hey besty!! great to see u on here and that's you're coming to the festival!!

The Worlds car is vintage legal for 2wd and therefore we've allowed the re-re's this year. its going to be a trial this year as hopefully next year classic 2wd will be back on the roster and the worlds car would possibly move up to classic to race against the XX's and dynastorms
Old 07-22-2014, 08:25 PM
Tech Addict

Thats great news.
I am looking forward to coming back.
I haven't run my worlds for around 4 years.
Would be great to have a run around with it.

is it silver cans for that class?
Old 07-23-2014, 04:37 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by NOFX
Hi Guys
Just a quick post asking everyone to hold off on purchasing 540 motors for the festival as there will be a handout 540 motor this years’ event. Originally the 540 class was left pretty simple so it made it easy for everyone to “give it a go”. Now the event is having a wider appeal our aim is to ensure everyone is competing on a level playing field.
We understand the potential that it makes the event look too serious, we actually believe it will add to the relaxed nature of the event as its one less thing to worry about, you know that the guy next to you has an identical motor

I have discussed this with a few of the key guys (Ed, Rob, Baggz, Bormac and Wiggy). The consensus is a handout motor is the best solution. I do understand it’s an extra cost but you’ll only buy the max number of 540s you’d need for 1 day (i.e. you reuse the motors you use on Saturday for Sunday, so if you’re running 2 classes with 540 on Saturday and 2 x 540 classes on Sunday, you’d only buy 2 motors and you hand them back Saturday afternoon and pop them in on the Sunday morning.) Extra motors will be available to purchase from race control on the day, though expect to pay a premium if you cooked yours due to over-gearing, lol

We’re also asking that the motors don’t get “run-in” by any method and no comm-drops are to be used at all during the event. Simply pick them up from race control, oil the bushings and bolt them into the car. Simple maintenance such as cleaning the motor and oiling of the bushes is fine.

We have a couple of options on the motor type (dependant on suitable supply) and we will advise the exact model as soon as we know but it will be a standard 540-j type motor, 27 turn

if anyone has real dramas with this, cant afford it etc, please pm me and we'll discuss, i'll know a price soon once we've sorted it out but I imagine the most we'd be looking at would be $12-13 a motor and then you have motors for the year!

One other thing, with the re-release of the Scorpion announced, we’re happy to let you know that its eligible for the purist class and of course 2wd stock/mod
Yes Chris, it has been a while, almost 2 years! It will be good to see you at the Festival this year. As above there will be handout motors for all stock (540) classes.
Old 07-23-2014, 04:40 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by cleatus
Son of a motherless goat

Just realised that I am supposed to be heading north on family holidays on the sat morning of the vintage fest

So I will only be attending on the Saturday, of which none of my cars would be in

So at this point I will be a marshal and general roustabout for the day , unless I can alter the travel plans for the second time for this holiday

The vintage god's hate me
Hey Clint, if you really can't make it on the Sunday of the Festival you could run Vintage Truck Stock class on Saturday.
Old 07-23-2014, 04:55 AM
Tech Addict

Hi Ed

Yea not going to be there on the Sunday , supposed to be driving to Ballina at the crack of dawn sat but have moved it back a day so I can comedown.

I will probably just bring a couple of cars and have a bash on the track between heats and marshal / chat a bit as I will probably be leaving at lunch so I can get home and pack the car.

Will still be great to catch up with every one
Old 07-23-2014, 05:36 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ozipanda
Yes Chris, it has been a while, almost 2 years! It will be good to see you at the Festival this year. As above there will be handout motors for all stock (540) classes.
Thanks Ed. I didnt read all the pages , so thanks
Old 07-23-2014, 05:44 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by nckmat
If you can find 3D CAD drawings of the part you want, I can get the boys at work to print it out in ABS. We do have another plastic but I can't remember what it is, but it is more for prototyping in small scale.
If you are serious about that, I know a good 3d cad draftsman (lol)
I would love to draw that up and get new cages made.
Any idea how much they would cost?
They are fairly large and complex.

Cheers
Old 07-23-2014, 07:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by besty22
If you are serious about that, I know a good 3d cad draftsman (lol)
I would love to draw that up and get new cages made.
Any idea how much they would cost?
They are fairly large and complex.

Cheers
Sorry, I don't work there anymore.
Old 07-23-2014, 07:14 PM
Tech Addict

Ok. I just sent you PM so please disregard.
Cheers
Old 07-23-2014, 07:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Handout motors

Hey dudes, Baggz has secured a supply of motors and the club is in the process of purchasing them. The will be $14 each, I've amended the first post in the thread to reflect the handout motor arrangement. If you want to keep using these motors each year we will store them for you after the race meeting, then hand them back next year, making this a one-off cost if you want to do it that way, or of course you can keep the motors and use them through the year and get more next year.

I'm taking orders now for the motors, the max motors you can order is the maximum number of 540 classes in one day as at the moment we've ordered 70 and I want to make sure everyone has enough motors. any leftovers will be available for purchase at the end of the race meeting unless you've fried one during the day

to order your motors, please pm me with the number you'll need, i'll reply with paypal details, please pay using "gift or friend" otherwise we cop fees, then i'll register you on the list of motors ordered. if you don't have paypal, let me know in your pm and i'll send you the bank details

if I can ask that you do this sooner than later it would be really appreciated, we've made a guesstimate at the potential demand but if we can see that the demand is going to out-strip supply early enough, we can get more motors ordered

We'll also have online entries open soon and i'll post a link to it. this will also be linked through paypal to make the whole thing simpler (it means I don't have to keep track manually of who's paid etc), again, if you don't have paypal, once you've put your entry in you can pm me and i'll give you the bank details

Cheers

Mikey
Old 07-24-2014, 06:08 PM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Capt_Splatt
Baggz is right, it'll be great to have you back in the mix.

As for the boots, I just ordered some 4x11x4 bearings off the bay and went with with the usual Tamiya 2" jobbies for the front. You should be able to do the same with 2.2s if doesn't look too silly.
Thanks Deano. I just ordered some more bearings incase I cant find the other ones. It begins......

Cheers

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.