Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events
2014 AARCMCC ACT IC ON ROAD STATE TITLES >

2014 AARCMCC ACT IC ON ROAD STATE TITLES

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2014 AARCMCC ACT IC ON ROAD STATE TITLES

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-09-2014, 02:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

Smile

Now the dust has settled. I would like to thank again everyone for making the effort to travel and support the club for this event. We would also like to thank all competiors for their understanding in very trying conditions that plagued the event.

I would also like to especially thank all those club members supported me and who gave up their long weekend to help the club run the event.

I would like to also than Brad Davis for running the timing for us. As well as Michael Turner for assisting our scurtineers in their understanding of what was required of them.

Again thanks to everyone. The club will strive to make the event a whole lot better next year.
Old 06-10-2014, 01:57 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Old Smokey
Now the dust has settled. I would like to thank again everyone for making the effort to travel and support the club for this event. We would also like to thank all competiors for their understanding in very trying conditions that plagued the event.

I would also like to especially thank all those club members supported me and who gave up their long weekend to help the club run the event.

I would like to also than Brad Davis for running the timing for us. As well as Michael Turner for assisting our scurtineers in their understanding of what was required of them.

Again thanks to everyone. The club will strive to make the event a whole lot better next year.
Brian,

From a burgeoning club perspective I think the track looked marverlous, the officials were friendly and helpful and the racing on track from one an all was excellent. The issues we had with the loop was nothing short if unforeseen, there's nothing you could have done to prevent it and there was a huge amount of support when it came to resolving it and we finished the event, be it Brad looking like he was going to have a coronary... So again, thanks mate, I wouldnt want your seat for all the frost in Kambah!!!! (And sorry for nervously blocking your view all weekend!)

Big thanks to the two scrutineers for their tireless effort in that freeze drying wind, steak sammich hit the spot, loved it! Thanks to PJ for the last minute supply of tyres, fuel and clutch bits, Timmy, Ricky, Nick, Dan, Frank, Chris, Ric and.. and.. and... all our RC buddies for a great weekend of racing.

BEING THERE...
It was great to see a newcomer from the "Gong" Peter, his third time outing in a GT car and he's entered in a sanctioned meeting. After the presentation he came over and chatted about his experience, an earlier struggle with a bitza engine, hem mentioned a freshy a mate told him to put it in, I was of the same mind... cutting it short, his last words to me were...

...had the biggest smile walking down off that stand in the final!!!
GT is working at bringing newcomers into the hobby.

Quals and Race...

Tourers.

Jeff and Steven weren't there, Peter and Jesse were though, and they both stood up to the challenge with Aaron and Alex taking the top four spots in Qualifying. Luke had the watchdog's seat shifting the wide line foam out a little further while the field gobbled him up. In the B heats, Rob Nunn had an awesome car setup and duelled with Ben Nunn, Darren meaves, Tim Moylan and my Territory buddy Chris Hutchinson set an early keeper to keep everyone honest for the finals.

George dominated the first semi with Darren and Tim, Our semi had Rob, Ben and Luke battling early, I heard Rob flamed out and it was real close but Dan Kradalfer snuck into the A's with a good drive.

In the final, PJ popped a rear diff, Jesse took to driving from the front, Aaron got kicked in the rod and his ball popped out... Seriously, he drove from the rear and passed all but Jesse and got back into third, I know he pulled 2 laps back on Luke and we were one second off his lap times. Im not sure where Alex was, we could have easily missed each other in pits, so he was ahead of us. Benn, Tim Darren and Luke made up the rest of the field with lots of gooooood racing out there!!

1/8th Scale
I'll keep this short...

Nick, Kane, Tim, was flying, PJ went supersonic and that wise cat Ric snatched a top four in his last round of quals, he was smiling like one too.
Finals PJ drove without a hitch, Ric found the track and bedded in a solid run, Kane and Tm were having clutch shoe issues (dusting), not sure what happened to Nick and he dropped out opening the final. Michael was flying, for all the wrong reasons... PJ won it, there was mechanical attrition and check out the ACT website for results.

The sun had dusted, we all met on track and shivered goodbyes... Sorry guys, no vision this time.. Too busy hooked up truing tyres and tuning to get a good crack at it!

Brian, when I bust my nuts for three seasons of Bathurst, I found out how overwhelming it is when fatigue breaks you down, a sincere thanks for all the effort, we had an awesome time at the ACT champs, thank you and the crew!

h & l
Old 06-10-2014, 02:22 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Thanks to Brian and the other ACTMCRC guys for putting on such an enjoyable 4 days...Top fun.

Great write up Blis.
Old 06-10-2014, 03:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by jtrmx250
Thanks to Brian and the other ACTMCRC guys for putting on such an enjoyable 4 days...Top fun.

Great write up Blis.
Thanks to yourself and Blis for the complements.
Old 06-10-2014, 03:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

I had a great weekend, the loop, nobody is to know but anyway won't get into it. Just wasn't my weekend to be with timing issues with laps not being counted etc then clutch issues in the final but had a great weekend with everyone and having a good laugh in the pits and back at the hotel, thanks to the club with all there efforts to get it going and to finish the race meeting with the issues you had see you next year
Old 06-10-2014, 03:32 PM
Tech Initiate

Hi all thanks for a great weekends racing. Really enjoyed racing against the rest of the 1/8 scale drivers. Hope to do it again at the winter champs on the 29th at Penrith
Cheers shaun
Old 06-14-2014, 04:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Are there any photos from the weekend?
Old 06-16-2014, 04:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kanea6
Are there any photos from the weekend?
Here's mine...

http://s130.photobucket.com/user/ner...20ACT%20Titles
Old 06-16-2014, 04:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nerdling
Thanks heaps Mark, well done. Cheers Darren
Old 01-24-2015, 08:39 PM
Tech Adept

Hi all come and join us,

We have completed the information for the AARCMCC NSW Titles, go to our web site for the entry form and to register -- http://www.nswrcrcc.com/#!news/c1x9v

John Grant Raceway, dates: 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th of April 2015 (Easter weekend)

A new thread for the 2015 NSW Titles has been created
http://www.rctech.net/forum/australi...l#post13811541
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
NSWRCRCC_1.0.pdf (178.2 KB, 93 views)

Last edited by rptech1; 01-28-2015 at 04:00 AM.