R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events

Old 02-06-2014, 10:53 PM   #31
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

How do you chop the coins into bits?!
T4.1, TRF201(x2) DB01, SC10, Hyper 10 SCT, 3Racing TA05, Formula Ten, VMX 450, Axial AX10, Caster EX-1, BJ4 (x3), Micro-T, Mini LST2, Mini LST, Mini-T, Top Force, Top Force Evo, King Cab, Blazing Star, TA01, TA02, TA03, TA04, TA05, TB02, M03, FAV, The Fox, Stadium Blitzer, Avante, Clodbuster, Raven BX, Turnigy Monster Beetle, RC10 Gold Pan, Kyosho Outrage, DSE The Runner, QD Ferrari & Manta Ray, Amax MT, TNX x 2, 6 boats, WWW.SYDNEYRC.COM
nckmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 12:10 AM   #32
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nckmat View Post
How do you chop the coins into bits?!
Digitally.
Australian 12th Scale hastag: #EP12AU
Radio Active is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 01:58 AM   #33
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Old 02-07-2014, 02:38 AM   #34
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Can we pay for the CS rounds with Doge Coin ?

Perhaps we could start Wilbur Coin ..

"Wow much sugar ! Such traction"
vikingen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 07:06 AM   #35
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio Active View Post
Digitally.
I'll just use PayPal, I don't think I can break a coin up with my finger.
T4.1, TRF201(x2) DB01, SC10, Hyper 10 SCT, 3Racing TA05, Formula Ten, VMX 450, Axial AX10, Caster EX-1, BJ4 (x3), Micro-T, Mini LST2, Mini LST, Mini-T, Top Force, Top Force Evo, King Cab, Blazing Star, TA01, TA02, TA03, TA04, TA05, TB02, M03, FAV, The Fox, Stadium Blitzer, Avante, Clodbuster, Raven BX, Turnigy Monster Beetle, RC10 Gold Pan, Kyosho Outrage, DSE The Runner, QD Ferrari & Manta Ray, Amax MT, TNX x 2, 6 boats, WWW.SYDNEYRC.COM
nckmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 02:33 PM   #36
Tech Initiate

Tamiyarchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 03:02 PM   #37
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nckmat View Post
I'll just use PayPal, I don't think I can break a coin up with my finger.
Touché.
Australian 12th Scale hastag: #EP12AU
Radio Active is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 10:17 PM   #38
Dal
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Dal

Is there any talk about, control tire, for us truck drivers, so we dont have to bring lots of tires, and we wont have to do any thinking about tires, Im all for it
Dal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 11:10 PM   #39
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dal View Post
Is there any talk about, control tire, for us truck drivers, so we dont have to bring lots of tires, and we wont have to do any thinking about tires, Im all for it
That's interesting.

When we had the first SCT Series we ran AKA control tyres and I didn't hear anyone upset about it at the time. Would you want both truck classes or just SCT running control tyres?

What would be a good choice of control tyre for SCT and Stadium truck if it was a goer?
Old 02-15-2014, 03:52 AM   #40
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romsey View Post
That's interesting.

When we had the first SCT Series we ran AKA control tyres and I didn't hear anyone upset about it at the time. Would you want both truck classes or just SCT running control tyres?

What would be a good choice of control tyre for SCT and Stadium truck if it was a goer?
I'm all for control tyres however a choice would have to be made soon so people can purchase them.
My suggestion would be AKA Enduro or Proline Blockade for SCT and either Proline Holeshots or J Concept Double Dee's for Stadium truck.
If it was up to me, I would have control tyres for every event as it is just cheaper, easier and fairer.
Henry#40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 05:35 AM   #41
DJB
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry#40 View Post
I'm all for control tyres however a choice would have to be made soon so people can purchase them.
My suggestion would be AKA Enduro or Proline Blockade for SCT and either Proline Holeshots or J Concept Double Dee's for Stadium truck.
If it was up to me, I would have control tyres for every event as it is just cheaper, easier and fairer.
Even an aka cityblock 2 - they work until pretty much bald, and can dig through multiple layers or loose dirt and then when half worn rip on gripped up surfaces! But any of those tires are good.
Old 02-15-2014, 05:06 PM   #42
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry#40 View Post
My suggestion would be AKA Enduro or Proline Blockade for SCT and either Proline Holeshots or J Concept Double dee's for Stadium truck.
I agree. Looking at the aka Tyre chart I reckon the enduro for SCT would be the go (enduro or enduro2?) and proline holeshot on the stadium truck and call it done. Probably easier to leave compound open. There's only 2 compounds to choose from in each. Standard inserts must be used

romsey is right. Control Tyre was used in the sct tour and everyone seemed happy enough
@cassovintage www.hillsoffroadrc.com
NOFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 06:13 PM   #43
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I think the j concepts barcodes suit our track conditions the best in stadium truck. I used them at all 3 rounds I attended last year.

Although proline hole shot is used at many big events as the control so it is also a good choice.
Tom87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 09:48 PM   #44
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOFX View Post
I agree. Looking at the aka Tyre chart I reckon the enduro for SCT would be the go (enduro or enduro2?) and proline holeshot on the stadium truck and call it done. Probably easier to leave compound open. There's only 2 compounds to choose from in each. Standard inserts must be used

romsey is right. Control Tyre was used in the sct tour and everyone seemed happy enough
Enduro 2 is the newer version, they are pretty similar.2 version is a touch wider. The Enduro tyres have good longevity.
Henry#40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 03:15 PM   #45
DJB
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOFX View Post

Tops idea. Compound open.... makes policing a breeze, and the difference is often just wear and tear.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom87 View Post
I think the j concepts barcodes suit our track conditions the best in stadium truck. I used them at all 3 rounds I attended last year.

Although proline hole shot is used at many big events as the control so it is also a good choice.
Agree also..... Barcodes do hold on very well. I suppose the question will be for the bigger events (states and even to a point nationals) what tires will they be running and I suppose this isn't known until the lead up to the event. If they run barcodes or suburbs whatever, then it would be wise to have them as a tyre..... Yet again if a hole shot is used its same thing.

Encourages guys who might not go to the states to have a go as, well they have the tyres already and don't have to shell out hard earned and try at a bigger meet.

Enduro's for SCT look good!

How about availability? Would the distributors or clubs get on board with the idea?