R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread
Old 02-06-2014, 10:53 PM   #31
Tech Elite
 
nckmat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 4,427
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

How do you chop the coins into bits?!
__________________
T4.1, TRF201(x2) DB01, SC10, Hyper 10 SCT, 3Racing TA05, Formula Ten, VMX 450, Axial AX10, Caster EX-1, BJ4 (x3), Micro-T, Mini LST2, Mini LST, Mini-T, Top Force, Top Force Evo, King Cab, Blazing Star, TA01, TA02, TA03, TA04, TA05, TB02, M03, FAV, The Fox, Stadium Blitzer, Avante, Clodbuster, Raven BX, Turnigy Monster Beetle, RC10 Gold Pan, Kyosho Outrage, DSE The Runner, QD Ferrari & Manta Ray, Amax MT, TNX x 2, 6 boats, WWW.SYDNEYRC.COM
nckmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 12:10 AM   #32
Tech Champion
 
Radio Active's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Newcastle, Australia
Posts: 7,070
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nckmat View Post
How do you chop the coins into bits?!
Digitally.
__________________
Reigning NSW 4WD Group 20 Champion
Member: Maitland Radio Car Club (http://www.morcc.com.au)
twitter: @dvcotton
Australian 12th Scale hastag: #EP12AU
Radio Active is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 01:58 AM   #33
Tech Addict
 
Johno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Sydney
Posts: 691
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

__________________
www.sydneyrc.com
Johno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 02:38 AM   #34
Tech Elite
 
vikingen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,078
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Can we pay for the CS rounds with Doge Coin ?



Perhaps we could start Wilbur Coin ..

"Wow much sugar ! Such traction"
vikingen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 07:06 AM   #35
Tech Elite
 
nckmat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 4,427
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio Active View Post
Digitally.
I'll just use PayPal, I don't think I can break a coin up with my finger.
__________________
T4.1, TRF201(x2) DB01, SC10, Hyper 10 SCT, 3Racing TA05, Formula Ten, VMX 450, Axial AX10, Caster EX-1, BJ4 (x3), Micro-T, Mini LST2, Mini LST, Mini-T, Top Force, Top Force Evo, King Cab, Blazing Star, TA01, TA02, TA03, TA04, TA05, TB02, M03, FAV, The Fox, Stadium Blitzer, Avante, Clodbuster, Raven BX, Turnigy Monster Beetle, RC10 Gold Pan, Kyosho Outrage, DSE The Runner, QD Ferrari & Manta Ray, Amax MT, TNX x 2, 6 boats, WWW.SYDNEYRC.COM
nckmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 02:33 PM   #36
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 37
Default

Tamiyarchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 03:02 PM   #37
Tech Champion
 
Radio Active's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Newcastle, Australia
Posts: 7,070
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nckmat View Post
I'll just use PayPal, I don't think I can break a coin up with my finger.
Touché.
__________________
Reigning NSW 4WD Group 20 Champion
Member: Maitland Radio Car Club (http://www.morcc.com.au)
twitter: @dvcotton
Australian 12th Scale hastag: #EP12AU
Radio Active is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 10:17 PM   #38
Dal
Tech Master
 
Dal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Go Offville Tennessey
Posts: 1,657
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Dal
Default

Is there any talk about, control tire, for us truck drivers, so we dont have to bring lots of tires, and we wont have to do any thinking about tires, Im all for it
Dal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 11:10 PM   #39
Tech Fanatic
 
Romsey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 925
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dal View Post
Is there any talk about, control tire, for us truck drivers, so we dont have to bring lots of tires, and we wont have to do any thinking about tires, Im all for it
That's interesting.

When we had the first SCT Series we ran AKA control tyres and I didn't hear anyone upset about it at the time. Would you want both truck classes or just SCT running control tyres?

What would be a good choice of control tyre for SCT and Stadium truck if it was a goer?
__________________
http://stivesrc.org.au/
Romsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 03:52 AM   #40
Tech Regular
 
Henry#40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 364
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romsey View Post
That's interesting.

When we had the first SCT Series we ran AKA control tyres and I didn't hear anyone upset about it at the time. Would you want both truck classes or just SCT running control tyres?

What would be a good choice of control tyre for SCT and Stadium truck if it was a goer?
I'm all for control tyres however a choice would have to be made soon so people can purchase them.
My suggestion would be AKA Enduro or Proline Blockade for SCT and either Proline Holeshots or J Concept Double Dee's for Stadium truck.
If it was up to me, I would have control tyres for every event as it is just cheaper, easier and fairer.
__________________
TRAXXAS - The unfair advantage
Henry#40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 05:35 AM   #41
DJB
Tech Regular
 
DJB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 499
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry#40 View Post
I'm all for control tyres however a choice would have to be made soon so people can purchase them.
My suggestion would be AKA Enduro or Proline Blockade for SCT and either Proline Holeshots or J Concept Double Dee's for Stadium truck.
If it was up to me, I would have control tyres for every event as it is just cheaper, easier and fairer.
Even an aka cityblock 2 - they work until pretty much bald, and can dig through multiple layers or loose dirt and then when half worn rip on gripped up surfaces! But any of those tires are good.
__________________
Team Associated - Champions by Design
DJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 05:06 PM   #42
Tech Elite
 
NOFX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Sydney
Posts: 4,302
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry#40 View Post
I'm all for control tyres however a choice would have to be made soon so people can purchase them.
My suggestion would be AKA Enduro or Proline Blockade for SCT and either Proline Holeshots or J Concept Double dee's for Stadium truck.
If it was up to me, I would have control tyres for every event as it is just cheaper, easier and fairer.
I agree. Looking at the aka Tyre chart I reckon the enduro for SCT would be the go (enduro or enduro2?) and proline holeshot on the stadium truck and call it done. Probably easier to leave compound open. There's only 2 compounds to choose from in each. Standard inserts must be used

romsey is right. Control Tyre was used in the sct tour and everyone seemed happy enough
__________________
Castle Hill - The Home of Vintage Racing in NSW
2017 Vintage Festival 25th & 26th of November 2017
2018 Vintage Enduro (Return of the Dukes) - start planning!!
@cassovintage www.hillsoffroadrc.com
NOFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 06:13 PM   #43
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 500
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

I think the j concepts barcodes suit our track conditions the best in stadium truck. I used them at all 3 rounds I attended last year.

Although proline hole shot is used at many big events as the control so it is also a good choice.
Tom87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 09:48 PM   #44
Tech Regular
 
Henry#40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 364
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOFX View Post
I agree. Looking at the aka Tyre chart I reckon the enduro for SCT would be the go (enduro or enduro2?) and proline holeshot on the stadium truck and call it done. Probably easier to leave compound open. There's only 2 compounds to choose from in each. Standard inserts must be used

romsey is right. Control Tyre was used in the sct tour and everyone seemed happy enough
Enduro 2 is the newer version, they are pretty similar.2 version is a touch wider. The Enduro tyres have good longevity.
__________________
TRAXXAS - The unfair advantage
Henry#40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 03:15 PM   #45
DJB
Tech Regular
 
DJB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 499
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOFX View Post
I agree. Looking at the aka Tyre chart I reckon the enduro for SCT would be the go (enduro or enduro2?) and proline holeshot on the stadium truck and call it done. Probably easier to leave compound open. There's only 2 compounds to choose from in each. Standard inserts must be used

romsey is right. Control Tyre was used in the sct tour and everyone seemed happy enough
Tops idea. Compound open.... makes policing a breeze, and the difference is often just wear and tear.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom87 View Post
I think the j concepts barcodes suit our track conditions the best in stadium truck. I used them at all 3 rounds I attended last year.

Although proline hole shot is used at many big events as the control so it is also a good choice.
Agree also..... Barcodes do hold on very well. I suppose the question will be for the bigger events (states and even to a point nationals) what tires will they be running and I suppose this isn't known until the lead up to the event. If they run barcodes or suburbs whatever, then it would be wise to have them as a tyre..... Yet again if a hole shot is used its same thing.

Encourages guys who might not go to the states to have a go as, well they have the tyres already and don't have to shell out hard earned and try at a bigger meet.

Enduro's for SCT look good!

How about availability? Would the distributors or clubs get on board with the idea?
__________________
Team Associated - Champions by Design
DJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:54 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net