Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events
Australia Day Cup 25th & 26th January @ PHDR [QLD] >

Australia Day Cup 25th & 26th January @ PHDR [QLD]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Australia Day Cup 25th & 26th January @ PHDR [QLD]

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2014, 04:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Thanks mark

We have the plastic covering the jumps too (so long as it held on in the wind) so as long as there is no massive puddles sitting on the track it may be salvageable.
Old 01-23-2014, 12:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by schmarkoDave
Thanks mark

We have the plastic covering the jumps too (so long as it held on in the wind) so as long as there is no massive puddles sitting on the track it may be salvageable.
The track surface is that hard the rain more then likely just ran straight off into the low areas

So a quick sweep and some track prep if the 18mm is correct there should be no issues

A bit of moisture might save us some tyres
Old 01-23-2014, 09:04 PM
Tech Master

Hi All,

GOOD NEWS

Spoke to scotty who is at the track now and we are good to go. Over 90% of the track could be rolled right now.

In fact Scott reckons the track could handle some more rain, thank god for those plastic sheets and molasses!!!!!

At this stage we are looking at a start time of 12 noon (this will allow for some track touch ups in the morning).

Dave will update everyone formally later today/night.

Radar is looking good, so unles we get slammed tonight we are good to go tomorrow.

Cheers

Mark
Old 01-24-2014, 01:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

OK guys, sorry about the late post but here are the details.

As mark said, we will start running at around 12, unless we manage to get everything sorted sooner. The more help we get in the morning to make sure everything is ready the better, so if you want to get things under way more quickly, be prepared to get your hands dirty and help out with the track preparations.

As a result of the late start we will most likely drop a round (or two) of qualifying, depending on how quickly we can get things under way.

I would like for everybody to be there around 8.30 - 9 at the latest, so I can double check all nominations, enter transponders and take payments. Again, the sooner we can get this done the sooner we can get under way.

So to reiterate

be there by 8.30
come prepared to help out
racing will start at 12 (or as soon as everything is ready to go)

Thanks for everyones patience with this. We have an awesome weekends racing ahead of us, so I'll see you all bright and early.
Get excited

Cheers
Dave
Old 01-24-2014, 04:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

A list of our sponsors and where to find them. I encourage you guys to support the people and companies who have supported us with this raffle. Let's make it worth their while.

Mild to Wild RC

www.mildtowildrc.com.au

GCRC raceway

www.gcrcraceway.com.au

Coast 2 coast RC

http://www.coast2coastrc.com.au/

Beta Tyres

Contact Luke Bowtell
See details on tyres here: http://www.wprcracing.com/Beta.html

BittyDesign Australia/NPRS

http://www.nprs.com.au/home.php

Kyle McBride Racing

See Kyle or Scott in the pits, they'll be happy to help you out.

Get behind them guys
Cheers

Dave
Old 01-24-2014, 12:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Questions??

Any one looked at the radar ?

Not looking good can we get a call please ?

Coming from 1.5 hours away
Old 01-24-2014, 01:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

We are go. The sky looks as though its going to part over the top of us. Its clear over the top of us right now.

Cheers
Old 01-25-2014, 01:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Racing is on for tomorrow !!!

The first race will start at 8am sharp

I need for all racers to be at the track by 7am.

Anyone who did not race today must come and see me and nominate. This includes those who came today but then left without racing, you may have been removed from the race list, so I need you to come back and enter again.

We will be kicking off racing at 8am regardless of who is there. If you are late you will miss the first round.
We have 3 rounds of qualifications to get through before we get into finals, so there is alot to get through. The sooner we can get going the better.

So again.

8am start

all racers who did not run today must be at the track to nominate before then.

Come prepared for some awesome racing

Cheers
Dave
Old 01-26-2014, 02:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Thank You

Well what an event
It all came together in the end and we saw some awesome racing. The track came up with a really nice bluegroove even without the mollasses.

So now I would like to do some thank you's which I forgot to do today (my apologies for that).

First and foremost I would like to thank Scott McBride for all his help with this event. Without Scott there is no way the event could have come together like it did. So again, a big thank you to Scott.
I also want to thank Kyle McBride both for his help with working bees and for the fantastic donations to the raffle.

I also wish to thank everyone who helped out with the various working bees, I was highly impressed with the amount of help we got with these working bees. Hopefully we can keep this enthusiasm up. There were so many of you that I can't name you all, but thank you for your help.

Of course a big thank you to all our sponsors:

Kyle McBride racing
Mild to Wild RC
Coast 2 Coast RC
NP racing solutions (NPRS)/BittyDesign Australia
Beta Tyres
GCRC Raceway/Panther Tyres

We had some awesome raffle prizes and I know quite a few people got some great stuff (including me )

A massive thank you to Mark and Amanda for running the canteen all weekend. They provided some really tasty food and a heck of a lot of it too. Without you guys we would have all gone hungry, so thanks for that

And of course thank you to all the racers who ran in the event. We had a lot of clean racing and a generally agreeable atmosphere. You have made this event a success by being there and supporting the club, so thank you all.

Hopefully I did an adequate job of running the event for everyone and it as as enjoyable for everyone else as it was for me.
I look forward to more racing and more great things to come.

Cheers
Dave

Last edited by schmarkoDave; 01-26-2014 at 07:53 AM.
Old 01-26-2014, 03:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default The winners

Nitro Buggy
1st place - Kyle McBride
2nd place - Darren Perry
3rd place - Jason Dyckhoff

Nitro Truggy
1st place - Kyle McBride
2nd place - Aaron Stringer
3rd place - Pieter Van Zyl

E-buggy
1st place - Rob Maycock
2nd place - Martin Moolman
3rd place - Mike McPherson

Congratulations to all these guys, we saw some fantastic racing from all of them.

Cheers
Dave
Old 01-26-2014, 03:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Final thanks go to Trevor who basically let me have free reign in organising this event. Trev also setup the online nominations and helped alot with the racing software prior to the finals. I'm still learning the ropes on the software so it was a great help to have trev there to make sure it was right.

I also want to take this opportunity to again thank Trev and the rest of the committee for their years of service to the club. The committee are all volunteers and have put a lot of their own time into the club over their service and I believe they deserve our appreciation for it.
Thanks guys, for helping to build this club.

Cheers
Dave