Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events
“2014 AARCMCC Victorian IC On-Road Championships” 24th – 26th of January >

“2014 AARCMCC Victorian IC On-Road Championships” 24th – 26th of January

“2014 AARCMCC Victorian IC On-Road Championships” 24th – 26th of January

Old 01-27-2014, 02:19 PM
Tech Elite

Default Thanks

As promised..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWsfCdn_UWM

Big thanks to Robert and the ACT boys for helping us out with fuel, engine offer and the loan of the kitchen. Had a great weekend with Frank, Dan, Rick and the rest of the SA boys too. Of course Jeff and Andrew for their undivided commitment to Luke and support during the weekend, we are QRCCRA, say no more. Big thanks to scrutiny team, officials, canteen babes and bobs and all the drivers that attended.

Big thanks to Dave Bozzi for the vernier battery, it's the little things that highlight the care we have for one another in RC. Was great to catch up with Ricky, Tony V, Tony P, Nicholas, Gavin and all the racers we've enjoyed racing with over the years. It'd be nice to be rubbing shoulders with you in the pits in future and hope to see you back in the future.

A very special thanks to Wayne Thomas, you're a true gentleman brother, it's not spanner that matters it's the principle and I have a souvenir of your thoughtfulness which is worth a hell of lot more in value to Luke and I.

To Robert Nunn,

Mate is was heart wrenching to hear that you feel that you guys aren't up to the level of racing and questioning yourself. Brother, we've all been there and it's sad that you are exposed to a small field of the very best in the country and measuring your performance that way.

Luke and I sat at the hotel room and looked deep into why, how and what makes us enjoy what we do. We both acknowledged that it's a huge achievement just to get an RC car to make it out to the track and finished a qualifier. It can be a cruel hobby and results should be measured on personal achievements and not comparative results. Chris drove like a true gentleman while I was pitting for him, you devoted yourself to your mates, shared the ups and downs in a weekend of the toughest racing there is in Australia and while there are times of dispair (for all of us) I'll try to remind you that there were moments of pleasure when you and your mates come down off the stand with a huge smile and sense of accomplishment and that's a priceless memoir to take home with you.

When you think it's all too much, then consider those before you that gave up and why, because if you feel the level is too high, it's not because you guys are slower (we are slow too), but because there re many who havent entered into the competition for the same reasons and that's what's hurting our hobby. Your participation is more important to the hobby than your results, I trust you can accept that in time you'll ponder over how it was in the early years and we'll be having a good old chuckle about it one day.

h

PS: Tony V, the scratched door was already there when we got the rental car.. thank %^%&* for that!

PPS: Jeff your parcels were handed over to Lilydale motel, all good!
Old 01-27-2014, 08:29 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Another great job there Harry,
Old 01-27-2014, 11:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Thumbs up Good work harry

As always mate great work.

Steve H
Old 01-28-2014, 12:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default e-laps?

Hey guys im trying to look a the race resaults and cant see them.
is there a problem or am i looking in thr wrong place.

https://www.e-laps.com/Event/OnlineE...ies/1?act=View

Steve H
Old 01-28-2014, 05:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

On behalf of the QRCCRA members taking part in the event, we extend a huge thank-you to the MRCCR club and all the competitors.
The event was a dynamite weekend of intense on-track competition, combined with an off-track friendly vibe where the pits were full of smiles, lots of banter and a general relaxed feel.
A special thank-you to those who volunteered their time whether it be a 'stint in the canteen' , 'marshalling a race' or 'building the much needed infrastructure'. With out these individuals, events like this wouldn't be possible.

Regards
Andrew S
Old 01-29-2014, 01:45 AM
Tech Addict

Old 02-04-2014, 12:03 AM
Tech Rookie

HARRY
Thanks m8 you were good company as usual,
the reason I said maybe we shouldn't run at state or national level was simply because I made a mistake in the semi final and another competitor ran in to me, the said dead shit then proceeded to abuse the shit out of me on the top of his lungs on the drivers stand, we drove 7 hrs each way to support the vics and have fun racing cars not to be made to feel as though we were not good enough to be there, I also know of another competitor that copped abuse from this looser at the nationals last year , he no longer races rc and that's a real shame that want a be world champions can have that effect on people, I saw pj destroy his 1/8 in the final, he simply walked of the drivers stand and said nothing, now that's professional. We will be back for the vics and nationals next year no doubt, 3 yrs straight now we have madethe trek and enjoyed it.

Rob
Old 02-05-2014, 01:35 PM
Tech Elite

Default That's a copy brah!

Originally Posted by nunny65
HARRY
Thanks m8 you were good company as usual,
the reason I said maybe we shouldn't run at state or national level was simply because I made a mistake in the semi final and another competitor ran in to me, the said dead shit then proceeded to abuse the shit out of me on the top of his lungs on the drivers stand, we drove 7 hrs each way to support the vics and have fun racing cars not to be made to feel as though we were not good enough to be there, I also know of another competitor that copped abuse from this looser at the nationals last year , he no longer races rc and that's a real shame that want a be world champions can have that effect on people, I saw pj destroy his 1/8 in the final, he simply walked of the drivers stand and said nothing, now that's professional. We will be back for the vics and nationals next year no doubt, 3 yrs straight now we have madethe trek and enjoyed it.

Rob
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Robert, I hear you, we all do and I trust that when you watch this video you will appreciate how many good people there are in RC and why I am so passionate about racing with my buddies and care less for rank or result. Winning isnt everything, as that is easy to do when you're the only one left standing!

Many of us get hot headed racing, there'll be tempers flaring and that's normal but... I too agree, there is a limit at which the CODE of CONDUCT we have signed should be enforced and your participation is more important to our hobby than results.

If we as a collective ignore our responsibilities to participate and do not attend then this happens. This happened at the national titles where a 12 year old was racing with experienced drivers and without malice punted many off and ruined their event. This is caused by lack of attendance and it wasn't the 12 year olds fault, it was the fact that many drivers cant get past their results and realise my RC quote...

Before you finish first, first you must start. (In that I mean participation)

We'll see you next year at the Vics and I hope that all drivers who are passionate about IC racing will sacrifice their new engines and attend with their old ones to better the events.

We are the few, we are passionate, we will prevail!

h
Old 02-05-2014, 08:52 PM
Tech Addict

Love it Harry!
I applaud you for sacrificing your time not only at these events, but also compiling the footage into clips for us all to enjoy.
Gotta respect the HD! Bellissimo