Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events
2013 NSW EP OFR Interclub Shield, Maitland, November 24th >

2013 NSW EP OFR Interclub Shield, Maitland, November 24th

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2013 NSW EP OFR Interclub Shield, Maitland, November 24th

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 12:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ok, so we have 6 junior entries at the moment. Which means the class is definitely a goer. I'm hoping we can make this a bit more of an experience for them rather than just a race meeting, so if you have any ideas feel free to suggest them.

So far I'm thinking things like mini Mars bars every race for the best marshal and stuff like that.
Old 10-31-2013, 12:28 AM
Tech Champion

Last edited by doorz; 11-19-2013 at 08:37 PM.
Old 10-31-2013, 01:26 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by doorz
Is junior 16 and under,,or under only..
Under 16. It's the AARCMCC definition we're using.
Old 11-01-2013, 01:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Radio Active
Ok, so we have 6 junior entries at the moment. Which means the class is definitely a goer. I'm hoping we can make this a bit more of an experience for them rather than just a race meeting, so if you have any ideas feel free to suggest them.

So far I'm thinking things like mini Mars bars every race for the best marshal and stuff like that.
Daniel it's great to see support for the Junior class not only locally but interstate as well. It seems many club members think along the same lines of supporting juniors in development in RC. personally I hope to see a Junior class added to the Club Series events and maybe even a State Titles. It's important to foster the development of the Juniors as they are the life blood of the sport. However I don't agree with the mini mars bar thing, these Junior drivers are not pre school kids at a birthday party. I think it would be more appropriate to ask some of the top drivers at the race meet to donate some time and support to a Junior for the day, you know pass on some of those years of experience and knowledge. Give the juniors some race tips, look at the setup of their car, watch their race and give some race advice where possible and overall make it a day for the Juniors to remember. Each driver is only racing in one class, they would have plenty of time between heats and I think the Juniors would be tickled pink to be look after by some of these drivers who they look up too.

Out of the Top Drivers attending who's up for it ?
Old 11-01-2013, 02:25 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Rusty Old Fart
Daniel it's great to see support for the Junior class not only locally but interstate as well. It seems many club members think along the same lines of supporting juniors in development in RC. personally I hope to see a Junior class added to the Club Series events and maybe even a State Titles. It's important to foster the development of the Juniors as they are the life blood of the sport. However I don't agree with the mini mars bar thing, these Junior drivers are not pre school kids at a birthday party. I think it would be more appropriate to ask some of the top drivers at the race meet to donate some time and support to a Junior for the day, you know pass on some of those years of experience and knowledge. Give the juniors some race tips, look at the setup of their car, watch their race and give some race advice where possible and overall make it a day for the Juniors to remember. Each driver is only racing in one class, they would have plenty of time between heats and I think the Juniors would be tickled pink to be look after by some of these drivers who they look up too.

Out of the Top Drivers attending who's up for it ?
It would be great if we could have a mentor for each junior driver on the day. I've had a couple of Maitland guys say that even if they weren't selected to run for the club they would be there to help out, so mentoring is one thing they could help with. We may need a few more, but this isn't a high pressure race, and everyone is only running one car, so maybe some people racing the Shield would like to volunteer?

A couple of the entrants are primary school age so I thought the mars bars thing would be fun. I wish someone would do that for the adults! But if the other parents agree with you then obviously I'll defer on that one.
Old 11-03-2013, 04:20 PM
Tech Champion

Last edited by doorz; 11-19-2013 at 08:36 PM.
Old 11-03-2013, 04:29 PM
Tech Champion

Daniel,,i have a junior who wants to run but he only has a 4wd,,he is on 12 yrs old so surely he can run with the other juniors if no one has a problem with it,,
Find someone to lend him a 2WD Buggy Richard.

I'm lending out my 2WD to a Junior for the meeting. There will only be 4 2WDs from Castle Hill in use during the day, so there will be plenty of spares other members can loan out. The person who loans the car would make an ideal mentor for the Junior too.

If I say yes to one 4WD there are others who will want to run 4WD too (a couple of kids have both) and then it will spiral into a "this isn't fair" thing.
Old 11-03-2013, 05:01 PM
Tech Champion

Last edited by doorz; 11-19-2013 at 08:35 PM.
Old 11-03-2013, 05:30 PM
Tech Master

He races 4wd in novice so he would find it difficult to steer a 2wd,,
Hi dad is going to the effort to bring him up,,its only a demo class ,,
Let him run,,,
Surely we cant force adult rules and regulations on a young kid who just wants to have a run at a different track,,
Let him run,,
Im with u bagz its only a demo class so its shouldnt matter what he runs
Old 11-03-2013, 06:38 PM
Tech Champion

He races 4wd in novice so he would find it difficult to steer a 2wd,,
Hi dad is going to the effort to bring him up,,its only a demo class ,,
Let him run,,,
Surely we cant force adult rules and regulations on a young kid who just wants to have a run at a different track,,
Let him run,,
You asked, I gave you an answer, I explained the answer.

The point here is to give racers of a similar age and ability a chance to race against each other under the same conditions. The rules are the same for everyone.

There is another 12 year old racing who has only raced Rookie a few times as well. Another of the entrants has never driven electric before let alone a 2WD.

Lend him a car. I'm not asking you to do anything I'm not already committed to doing myself.
Old 11-03-2013, 07:11 PM
Tech Champion

Last edited by doorz; 11-19-2013 at 08:35 PM.
Old 11-03-2013, 07:16 PM
Tech Champion

I can hear his little heart breaking now,,poor liitle tacker,,
Guess we are driving the youngens away from the hobbie,,not like all the discussions on other threads,tch tch tch,,maybe you could ring him with the bad news,,

Its a demo class for f@#ks sake,,,unbelievable,,,
So much for keeping the young fellas keen,,pi@s pour show...
Thanks for your support.
Old 11-03-2013, 07:24 PM
Tech Champion

Last edited by doorz; 11-19-2013 at 08:34 PM.
Old 11-03-2013, 07:28 PM
Tech Champion

No,,thanks for your support,,,
At casso we NEVER turn a youg bloke away,,

Boo hiss hiss,,

Will send you his number,,
Please do, I think I have some MAITLAND drivers who are willing to lend their cars. I'll put him on to one of them since you don't seem to think anyone from Castle Hill will be willing to help.
Old 11-03-2013, 07:36 PM
Tech Champion

Last edited by doorz; 11-19-2013 at 08:33 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.