2013 Coleman Cup

Old 10-10-2013, 04:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by farque
Thanks John, removing those crusty bits will help. Now to get the Dremel in the right position.

Cheers

Matt
I just got this

B and C main in MOD is reviving my sense of humour!!
Old 10-10-2013, 04:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by B4 Willo
Agreed Ant. Whether its legal or not, it isnt really in the spirit of a stock class.....
There is nothing against ORRCA vic over rulling AARCMCC and making this rule stick, at least in Victoria, that is. Drivers could also lead by example to.
Old 10-10-2013, 04:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by john watkins
There is nothing against ORRCA vic over rulling AARCMCC and making this rule stick, at least in Victoria, that is. Drivers could also lead by example to.
Perhaps this could be a key point to put forward at the next ORRCA Vic meeting.
Have all clubs put it to their respective members to brainstorm ideas on who wants a change, and what the proposed change would entail.

Then have the said clubs nominated delegate put forth the idea, have them come to an agreement.
If not agreement is met, then we revert back to the AARCMCC rule set.

Last edited by OldSkool; 10-10-2013 at 04:57 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-10-2013, 05:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OldSkool
Perhaps this could be a key point to put forward at the next ORRCA Vic meeting.
Have all clubs put it to their respective members to brainstorm ideas on who wants a change, and what the proposed change would entail.

Then have the said clubs nominated delegate put forth the idea, have them come to an agreement.
If not agreement is met, then we revert back to the AARCMCC rule set.
Yep, Fair call. There is an ORRCA vic meeting planned Saturday arvo i believe.
Old 10-10-2013, 05:18 PM
Tech Master

From what i understand is that a lot of clubs nationally are also in favor of a rule change to stop any thing like this. So with that said, what would be the process for getting a motion put forward to AARCMCC? After all they are the national body. Different standards in different states just complicates things for those wanting to come race from interstate. Yes state titles and most events run under AARCMCC rule set, but having another separate standard of rules for AARCMCC classes like 17.5 just further complicates an already complicated situation.
IMO instead of band-aiding the issue, fix it from the source.
Old 10-10-2013, 05:18 PM
Tech Master

Yeh dunno about that...

Isn't it all about prep?

Club days are prep for drivers series which are prep for Vics which are prep for Nats? It really should be top down not bottom up or else you end up with motors escs etc all over the place for different events.

Unless you think it would compel AARCMCC to act but usually unless there is a popular revolt, those at the top do what they want...

Nice to have an adult chat with differing opinions though. I'm sure the flaming will start soon.

Sorry Andrew - you beat me to it whilst I was typing.
Old 10-10-2013, 05:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Andrew Selvaggi
From what i understand is that a lot of clubs nationally are also in favor of a rule change to stop any thing like this. So with that said, what would be the process for getting a motion put forward to AARCMCC? After all they are the national body. Different standards in different states just complicates things for those wanting to come race from interstate. Yes state titles and most events run under AARCMCC rule set, but having another separate standard of rules for AARCMCC classes like 17.5 just further complicates an already complicated situation.
IMO instead of band-aiding the issue, fix it from the source.
Its pretty simple Andrew. We will just write up a proposal and pass through to AARCMCC (Michael Toms). Michael then just circulates it to all clubs for a vote and ammends the rule if the outcome is a yes.

We will work something up....
Old 10-10-2013, 05:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

how can u stand here a say its not cheating you modifing the motor end of story
this is FTRT bull shit !!!!!!!!!!!!!

motors run how they come from factory bar rotor or timing senser
whats next we can open up the cooling holes for the cans open the end bell where it bolts to the car!!!!!!!!!!!!

: IN THE END ITS STILL CHEATING

CHEATING
CHEATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!flaming::flamin g:
Old 10-10-2013, 05:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

how can people run all the best gear and still they have to CHEAT

what ever way u look at it its still CHEATING
Old 10-10-2013, 06:41 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Andrew Giddings
So much easier when we ran brushed motors...
Everything ROAR learnt from getting brushed stock motor rules right was forgotten when we went to brushless. How hard would it have been to do a blueprint on what a brushless stock motor should have been???
We seem to be back at the point when we canned GROUP 20 (mod based motors, no timing limits)
Old 10-10-2013, 07:06 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by The_Doctor
how can people run all the best gear and still they have to CHEAT

what ever way u look at it its still CHEATING
Yes Mick it is.

Unfortunately it's then philosophical because there are no rules to govern moral and ethical actions. People have to live with themselves and look everyone in the eye.

Personally, in 21.5, once my 22 was at minimum weight it was competitive though nowhere near fastest. My driving improved to .2 consistency at the Keilor cup - that's what won it for me.

If I was in power (of course I'm not) I would propose a weight that everyone has to be at with slight tolerances (on the heavy side that everyone can get to by adding ballast), a zero timing motor out of the box and a couple of no timing speedies.

Of course I'm no expert so there will be other things to consider....
Old 10-10-2013, 08:54 PM
Tech Master

My two cents FWIW.

The bigger question that most don't ask, is "What is ORRCA?"

As far as I can tell (I am the current Knox representative) there is no ORRCA, just a group of enthusiastic reps from each of the clubs getting together to talk about rule changes and the next calendar...I'll be putting forward at the next meeting that 2014 will be the AARCMCC Victorian Drivers Series...I've no issue keeping classes like 21.5 at these events if the Clubs agree to do so.

Re the Stock debate, I know the topic came up at the AARCMCC meeting at the Nationals, so they too are receptive and keen for input regarding either locking down of the class or methods to balance the scales somewhat. As Glenn said, we only need to submit a proposal, it either gets up or we then then look at plan B or C or D!!!! They also put surveys out to the clubs, so it might be better to go this avenue first with the RIGHT questions/options for the most popular which can then be voted upon for National approval.

Carter and I are looking forward to the weekend, weather is looking good for Saturday
Old 10-10-2013, 10:00 PM
Tech Master

Enthusiastic

Old 10-11-2013, 04:22 PM
Tech Regular

Is there a time schedule on when the 2wd buggy and sct will run on Sunday?
Hope to catch some of the actions.
Old 10-12-2013, 02:07 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

What a great day's racing!! Thanks to all that made it happen, congratulations to the winners and place getters. Good luck for tomorrow.

Cheers

Matt

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.