Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events
2013 Neo+ QLD Tri Series TOWNSVILLE CUP 5-6 October >

2013 Neo+ QLD Tri Series TOWNSVILLE CUP 5-6 October

2013 Neo+ QLD Tri Series TOWNSVILLE CUP 5-6 October

Old 09-05-2013, 06:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default 2013 Neo+ QLD Tri Series TOWNSVILLE CUP 5-6 October

The Townsville Cup is held annually over the Long Weekend in October (this year it is 5-6 Oct). For the past couple of years we have been very fortunate to have Model Motorsports International jump on board and sponsor the event as part of the Neo+ QLD Tri Series which Cairns and Moranbah have already played Host to there respective legs of this Tri Series Events for this year.

Townsville Model Offroad Club's Blakey's Raceway has an all new layout and surface this year and should make for some good close racing.

Nominations are being taken by Slyfox and there will be payment details for nominations to be paid into in the event detail screen in the near future, there will also be some track photo's and video's of the current layout posted on this forum in the coming weeks.

We have a flyer for this event with a rough Schedule to be released in the coming days.

If you have any queries please feel free to pm me or just ask in this thread and I am sure myself or one of our friendly TMORC members will answer you.

Thanks

Brad Thaggard
TMORC President
Old 09-07-2013, 05:04 AM
Tech Regular

Default Neo+ Townsville Cup 2013 Flyer

Attached is an Information Flyer for the Neo+ Townsville Cup 2013, It contains payment details and a rough schedule for the event. There will also be food and drinks available over the weekend and those travelling to this event in need of Tables/Shade if they can please contact me either by PM or Email that way we can have an idea of equipment needed.

Thanks

Brad Thaggard
TMORC President
Attached Thumbnails 2013 Neo+ QLD Tri Series TOWNSVILLE CUP 5-6 October-neo-townsville-cup-flyer-2013-web-.jpg  
Old 09-22-2013, 06:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

two weekends to go folk!
Old 09-28-2013, 12:39 AM
Tech Regular

Hey lads.
We had a look at the track on the way home from the Cairns round. Track looks great. Have you had the chance to run on the new surface. What will be the tyre pattern of choice.. See you all next weekend.
Dave
Old 10-01-2013, 12:04 AM
Tech Regular

Hey guys!
Not long now, hoping to make it down tonight and friday.

As for tyres, id say you cant go wrong with a medium block tyre eg; square armour, blockade, even something like battlestars, or bow ties. If the grip does come up id be aiming for something a little more compact, even a smaller pin if your not worried about tyre wear. Im shooting for cubix or squares for prac/qual, and maybe to an exagon if the grip is there for the finals.

Happy travels for the out of towners, hope to see you down the track this weekend!
Old 10-03-2013, 09:53 PM
Tech Rookie

Looking forward to a great weekend of racing.

Alas I wont be able to make it out for practice on Friday night due to not finishing work till 2200 but I will be out there ready to rumble in the Short Course field come saturday morning.
Old 10-06-2013, 02:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Big thanks to all involved including fellow competitors for a top weekend of truggy racing hope to be back down for 2014!
Cheers
Michael
Old 10-06-2013, 07:04 AM
Tech Regular

Well the 2013 Townsville Neo+ cup is done and run. Massive thanks to all who were involved in one way or another. Event was a success in my books, well done to the organizers, canteen, and racers who traveled far and wide! Without you it just wouldn't be right.

I'd like to thank MMI, Neo+ fuels, HERC Hobbies, Sweep Racing, Hobbies Aus, HEI, Ace Hobbies and NPRS. Without their support I'd be stumped.
Also,to the many who were involved in assisting me weekend long, thank you!

Safe travels to everyone out of town and we will see you next year bigger and better!
Old 10-06-2013, 08:43 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks for a good weekend of racing. Great track and a good bunch of people. Will be back again next year. Special thanks to Harold Campbell for letting us park up in his yard for the weekend.
Dave