Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events
2013 Newcastle RC Grand Prix 20/10/13 (Rd 3 NSW/ACT 12th Tour) (EP ONR) >

2013 Newcastle RC Grand Prix 20/10/13 (Rd 3 NSW/ACT 12th Tour) (EP ONR)

2013 Newcastle RC Grand Prix 20/10/13 (Rd 3 NSW/ACT 12th Tour) (EP ONR)

Old 10-06-2013, 12:57 PM
Tech Adept

Hi Daniel,
Would prefer to see two 8 min finals because the cars that run shorty packs unless they are new may struggle for 15 on that track which looks very fast with a lot of full throttle.
Bob
Old 10-06-2013, 05:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OLD ONE
Hi Daniel,
Would prefer to see two 8 min finals because the cars that run shorty packs unless they are new may struggle for 15 on that track which looks very fast with a lot of full throttle.
Bob
Okay noted. No super long finals for F1.
Old 10-06-2013, 09:04 PM
Tech Champion

Entry list updated: http://www.rctech.net/forum/12531610-post2.html

Today we have another couple of entries from Tamworth, including Mark Robertson in Modified, to make 7 for them overall. It's always good to see the crew from Tamworth in Newcastle.
Old 10-06-2013, 09:40 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Radio Active

Today we have another couple of entries from Tamworth, including Mark Robertson in Modified, to make 7 for them overall. It's always good to see the crew from Tamworth in Newcastle.
Not sure what happened Daniel, but by entry happened two times. Will PM you a 2nd transponder number also, just ordered one for the 12th car.
Old 10-06-2013, 09:47 PM
Tech Rookie

Thankyou Daniel,
Mark and I are looking forward to having a run on you new track. See you in a couple weeks.

JR
Old 10-06-2013, 09:50 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by RogerDaShrubber
Not sure what happened Daniel, but by entry happened two times. Will PM you a 2nd transponder number also, just ordered one for the 12th car.
No problem, already fixed.

Thanks for being the first from interstate on the entry list!
Old 10-06-2013, 09:52 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Protectiontech
Thankyou Daniel,
Mark and I are looking forward to having a run on you new track. See you in a couple weeks.

JR
I'm looking forward to seeing you drive JR. You spent all your time doing Race Control at Tamworth if I remember correctly.

p.s. If you ring my brother for work tell him he has to make a come back. Maybe he'll listen to you!
Old 10-06-2013, 10:11 PM
Suspended

No problem, already fixed.

Thanks for being the first from interstate on the entry list!
Cheers, there should be a couple more on there today, i am just chasing them up to get their nominations in
Old 10-06-2013, 11:16 PM
Tech Rookie

I'm looking forward to seeing you drive JR. You spent all your time doing Race Control at Tamworth if I remember correctly.

p.s. If you ring my brother for work tell him he has to make a come back. Maybe he'll listen to you!
It sounds as though you have already had a go at him. I will have a go from my end to.
Old 10-07-2013, 03:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default race format

Daniel what method is being used for qualifying, ie best 2 out of three finishing positions in the heats, or another method ?
Old 10-07-2013, 03:39 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by chookgb
Daniel what method is being used for qualifying, ie best 2 out of three finishing positions in the heats, or another method ?
Short answer: yes, 2 of 3.

Long answer: Best 50% of heats run. So, best 2 out of 3 on points, with best counted time as the tie-breaker. If for any reason a round of qualifying is dropped then it's best 1 of 2, with the time of your counted run as tie-breaker.

It's the same best 50% method that AARCMCC EP ONR voted in recently, and has been used by AARCMCC EP OFR since the beginning of the year. We're using fewer heats – the adaptability for shorter events was one of the reasons for adoption. It's very similar to the old AARCMCC system, but easier to remember.
Old 10-07-2013, 04:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Short answer: yes, 2 of 3.

Long answer: Best 50% of heats run. So, best 2 out of 3 on points, with best counted time as the tie-breaker. If for any reason a round of qualifying is dropped then it's best 1 of 2, with the time of your counted run as tie-breaker.

It's the same best 50% method that AARCMCC EP ONR voted in recently, and has been used by AARCMCC EP OFR since the beginning of the year. We're using fewer heats – the adaptability for shorter events was one of the reasons for adoption. It's very similar to the old AARCMCC system, but easier to remember.
Thanks for your swift and usual book like response
Old 10-07-2013, 03:15 PM
Tech Champion

Good morning race fans.

Entry News
  • 3 more entries overnight. We now have our Quota in Modified TC with the addition of of Queenslander Steve Irvine.
  • Both Stock classes continue to grow. We now have 19 in 12th Eurostock, and 18 in Stock TC.

12th Tour Positions

This is, of course, is round 3 of the 12th Tour. The full points table is here:

Australian Made Car to Make Big Race Debut

Small Scale Engineering (SSE) will have 2 12th scale prototypes at this race. The latest Dash-P3 chassis will be driven in Eurostock by Daniel Cotton, with the older Dash-P2 chassis also being driven in Eurostock by SSE race engineer Eden Watson. Details about SSE's Dash project can be found here: http://www.morcc.com.au/smf/index.php?topic=4255.0

Last edited by Radio Active; 10-07-2013 at 03:26 PM.
Old 10-07-2013, 07:47 PM
Tech Champion

Default Camping Notification

Glenn needs to know how many people are camping. If you are wanting to camp at the track on Saturday night please PM with your name so that I can compile a list and send it to Glenn. Thanks.
Old 10-07-2013, 10:30 PM
Suspended

Hey Daniel, if it means the difference between F1 running and F1 not running, i will be happy to jump from Eurostock to F1, just so the guys who have entered F1 do not miss out on racing. Alternatively if someone who is only running one class, would like to race my F1, i do not mind someone using it.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.