Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events
2013 Newcastle RC Grand Prix 20/10/13 (Rd 3 NSW/ACT 12th Tour) (EP ONR) >

2013 Newcastle RC Grand Prix 20/10/13 (Rd 3 NSW/ACT 12th Tour) (EP ONR)

2013 Newcastle RC Grand Prix 20/10/13 (Rd 3 NSW/ACT 12th Tour) (EP ONR)

Old 09-29-2013, 01:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by T3_PASSION
Hi is camping allowed at track site. If so how much. There also could be a handful fom tamworth coming to
Camping

I've just finished consulting with Glenn about this. You can camp at the track on Saturday night. There are a few things you will need to be aware of though:
  • There are toilets and running water, but no showers.
  • Power will be available, and there is a kettle and minimal kitchen facilities in the club house, to which you can be given access.
  • You will NOT be able to have a log fire. The track is 200 m from the airport and only 50 m off the flight path*. A fire could be distracting for pilots.
  • You should camp inside the fenced area, so it would help if you arrive before close of practice at 4 pm.
  • You will not be able to practice after the 4 pm cut-off.
  • In the morning you'll have to reduce the size of your area to a normal pit tent size.

* Larger jets don't land through the night, so the noise shouldn't be too bad.
Old 09-29-2013, 02:40 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Radio Active
Camping

I've just finished consulting with Glenn about this. You can camp at the track on Saturday night. There are a few things you will need to be aware of though:
  • There are toilets and running water, but no showers.
  • Power will be available, and there is a kettle and minimal kitchen facilities in the club house, to which you can be given access.
  • You will NOT be able to have a log fire. The track is 200 m from the airport and only 50 m off the flight path*. A fire could be distracting for pilots.
  • You should camp inside the fenced area, so it would help if you arrive before close of practice at 4 pm.
  • You will not be able to practice after the 4 pm cut-off.
  • In the morning you'll have to reduce the size of your area to a normal pit tent size.

I spoke to Glenn about 10 mins after you did These camping restrictions are very reasonable and will make the meeting much more afordable for those of us out of town.

Now all i need to do is drum up some support from some other Brisbane racers to come down to the meeting. So far I have 3 maybe's will know more next week.
Old 09-29-2013, 03:06 AM
Tech Champion

I've added accommodation information to post No. 1.
Old 09-29-2013, 03:52 AM
Tech Champion

Last edited by Radio Active; 09-29-2013 at 04:10 AM.
Old 09-29-2013, 07:02 AM
Tech Regular

Great news!
Will try to come up Saturday arvo for some practice
Old 09-29-2013, 04:39 PM
Tech Champion

Entry list updated: http://www.rctech.net/forum/12531610-post2.html
Old 09-29-2013, 07:06 PM
Tech Elite

Unfortunately I will not be able to attend the event, please withdraw my entries.

Rob.
Old 09-29-2013, 07:12 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by ta04evah
Unfortunately I will not be able to attend the event, please withdraw my entries.

Rob.
Hi Rob,

Sorry you can't make it. Hopefully we'll get some others from Sydney to take your place.
Old 09-29-2013, 07:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Camping

I've just finished consulting with Glenn about this. You can camp at the track on Saturday night. There are a few things you will need to be aware of though:[LIST][*] There are toilets and running water, but no showers.[*] Power will be available, and there is a kettle and minimal kitchen facilities in the club house, to which you can be given access.[*] You will NOT be able to have a log fire. The track is 200 m from the airport and only 50 m off the flight path*. A fire could be distracting for pilots.[*] You should camp inside the fenced area, so it would help if you arrive before close of practice at 4 pm.[*] You will not be able to practice after the 4 pm cut-off.[*] In the morning you'll have to reduce the size of your area to a normal pit tent

Thanks for that I will be there running two classes. is it pay on the day
Old 09-29-2013, 08:02 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by T3_PASSION
Thanks for that I will be there running two classes. is it pay on the day
Yes, pay on the day.
Old 09-29-2013, 10:43 PM
Tech Champion

We have our first Modified Touring entry. Welcome aboard SMA driver Simon Nicholson.

Now all we need is 5 guys for him to race against. Don't be shy Sydney guys (or Tamworth of Queensland). This will be a good way to wind down after the NSW States, a one day meet the Sunday after. Or you can make it the "Real State Titles*" if you couldn't give up your Bathurst weekend.

*Discalimer: Everybody is encouraged to go the the State Championships. I can't, I have to run 2 club meets so I can just race this meeting, but everyone else should go.
Old 09-30-2013, 12:21 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have pit my noms in 2 possible mod drivers from up here
Old 09-30-2013, 01:17 AM
Tech Addict

We have our first Modified Touring entry. Welcome aboard SMA driver Simon Nicholson.

Now all we need is 5 guys for him to race against. Don't be shy Sydney guys (or Tamworth of Queensland). This will be a good way to wind down after the NSW States, a one day meet the Sunday after. Or you can make it the "Real State Titles*" if you couldn't give up your Bathurst weekend.

*Discalimer: Everybody is encouraged to go the the State Championships. I can't, I have to run 2 club meets so I can just race this meeting, but everyone else should go.
You now have 2 Mod, Daniel. Although i'm hardley in the league of Simon. I just love the power of mod cars, so i thought i better give it ago at another track. Before i'm too far over the hill.

Unfortunatly Tyler won't be able to make it to this event (year 12 exams). He would have made another 2 entries.

Cheers Todd
Old 09-30-2013, 01:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Good stuff Todd! If you have an SMA setup it would prob be a good starting point.
Old 09-30-2013, 01:30 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by matrix101
Good stuff Todd! If you have an SMA setup it would prob be a good starting point.
Thanks Brendo. I finaly did get a T4 after the Tam Cup and have it handling pretty nice at the moment. So will have to see what needs changing when i get to Newy. Hopefully not too much and then i can consentrate on learning the track.

See you there.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.