Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events
F1 - NSW / VIC 1 day Showdown at Wodonga - Sat 2 Nov 2013 >

F1 - NSW / VIC 1 day Showdown at Wodonga - Sat 2 Nov 2013

F1 - NSW / VIC 1 day Showdown at Wodonga - Sat 2 Nov 2013

Old 08-31-2013, 04:40 AM
Tech Addict

Default F1 - NSW / VIC 1 day Showdown at Wodonga - Sat 2 Nov 2013

F1 is going from strength to strength around the country and it's time to re-visit that age old rivalry - NSW vs VIC!

Round 5 of the F1 Vic Cup Series is being held at WRCCC (Wodonga) on Sat Nov 2 and the opportunity to incorporate an F1 Interstate Showdown is just too good to miss.

Medals for 1st, 2nd, 3rd and TQ will be presented. Plus bragging rights for the winning State.

We expect to have 15+ entries from Vic and hope to encourage a number of our NSW mates down for a fun filled day.

It is a normal Wodonga club day so bring your touring cars and minis as well.

Format

The track will be open for practice in the morning and racing will commence at Noon.

F1 will run 3 x 6 minute qualifiers and then 3 x 15 minute finals (best 2 count). No pit stop.

Wodonga has track lights if needed.

Interstate Showdown Points

The winning State will be the one with the most points. All the drivers from the State with the smallest representation will contribute their points to their States total and the other State will have the same number of drivers to count. For example if Victoria has 15 entries and NSW has 10 entries then only the top 10 Vic driver results will count to determine the winning State.

Drivers from other States are welcome but they will need to pick a side - VIC or NSW

Rules

Rules are the RC Formula1 National Rules with rubber tyres. The Optional Motor and ESC rules are not used ie; for this event any 21.5 motor is legal and any blinky ESC is legal.

Entry Fee

In addition to the host clubs normal race day entry fee there will be a small entry fee for F1 entries only of $4 to cover some costs.

Rain

This event will run rain or shine.

Running F1 in the wet can be a lot of fun. With the wheels outside the body a lot less water makes it under the shell than a touring car. You can see tips and tricks for running F1 in the wet here.

Entries

Drivers in the Vic Cup Series have already entered. For everyone else simply reply to this thread and let us know your real name, or PM us (RCformula1 on RC Tech), or email us at [email protected]. That's it! No pre-payment. Pay on the day. Couldn't be simpler!!

As entries are received they will be posted here.

Total Entries (22 so far)

Victoria (13 so far)
David Stevens
Chris Bismire
Will Haines
Tim Donoghue
Wayne Rabot
Chris Coughlan
Wynand Pretorius
Michael Juttner
Darren Watts
Joe Fekete
Andrew Harris
Will Moore
Brett Todman

NSW (9 so far)
Patrick Saelzle
Bob Death
Shane Norman
Mark Norman
Peter Kazanis
Ian Webber
Mil Rogic
Alex (Top)
Kresimir Rogic

So come on down and try and kick our butts - if you dare!

Road Trip!!!

Last edited by RCformula1; 10-29-2013 at 09:20 PM.
Old 08-31-2013, 09:54 PM
Tech Regular

BRING IT ON MEXICANS V THE COCKROACHES
Old 09-02-2013, 03:28 AM
Tech Adept

Look's like a lot of fun, I will be pushing this event withh my fellow F1 drivers to see how many can make the road trip.

If the Vic drivers would like to give us a sample of what they have then don't forget we will be running the 3rd round of club challenge in Canberra the last weekend in Sept, not sure how many F1's we will have at the moment but are expecting a good number. ( this has not been posted to hijack your thread but to possibly entice you )

Will see you in Wodonga !

Bob
Old 09-02-2013, 03:37 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by OLD ONE
Look's like a lot of fun, I will be pushing this event withh my fellow F1 drivers to see how many can make the road trip.

If the Vic drivers would like to give us a sample of what they have then don't forget we will be running the 3rd round of club challenge in Canberra the last weekend in Sept, not sure how many F1's we will have at the moment but are expecting a good number. ( this has not been posted to hijack your thread but to possibly entice you )

Bob
Thanks Bob. Looking forward to meeting you.

The Challenge Cup has been going great guns and the final round in Canberra is a two day event that should be a lot of fun. I can't make it but hopefully some fellow Mexicans will make the trip!

Cheers

Dave
Old 09-02-2013, 04:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Will be bringing the f104 out for this! Was at the wodonga track on Friday gone and grip levels were good and always fun having a run there even tho its usually on my own
Old 09-02-2013, 04:56 AM
PDR
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Ok, officially tempted. I'm rubbish, but tempted

Phil.

PS: My new car is improving - it's now officially almost human
Old 09-03-2013, 01:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Great excuse to take the corvette for a run just need to find a nice tall Blonde to take as my pit person

tim
Old 09-03-2013, 11:38 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by OLD ONE

Bob
My actual home town, But they run foam on carpet or is it the Kambah track??
Old 09-04-2013, 03:33 AM
PDR
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DIRTMONKEY
My actual home town, But they run foam on carpet or is it the Kambah track??
The CC round in Canberra is on carpet at EPIC. Foam only for F1, 12th Scale and TC. Only the Minis run rubber. It's not the same kind of carpet used at AOC and there's no traction compound allowed.

F1 looks like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eG-8GWhv_rE
Old 09-05-2013, 01:00 AM
Tech Regular

Hmmm Foam, never used them well I lie used on asphalt for about 20mins on the F113. Mybe time to visit the parents
Old 09-08-2013, 03:52 AM
Tech Master

Hey guys r1 rears still working well at wodonga? Haven't had the f1 there in ages
Old 09-15-2013, 12:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

hi guys looking forward to this event but is it an F1 only event or are they running touring cars or mini if so what classes???
Old 09-15-2013, 04:57 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by M Racing
hi guys looking forward to this event but is it an F1 only event or are they running touring cars or mini if so what classes???
Wodonga run VORTEC rules (www.vortec.org.au) so 21.5 blinky, 21.5 boosted, 13.5 boosted and mod touring cars + Mini. I can't speak for the club but I'd imagine if a reasonable number of 17.5 boosted touring cars turned up then I'm sure they could be squeezed in somewhere
Old 10-06-2013, 11:01 PM
Tech Master

Pm'd entry cheers
Old 10-07-2013, 02:26 AM
Tech Addict

4 weeks to go and time to firm up numbers. We're expecting 20+ F1's to do battle for their State.

I'll be posting an entry list later this week.

Please PM or email [email protected]. All we need is your name and whether you're fighting for NSW or VIC.

An entry list helps the club with planning and of course the bigger the numbers the more people will decide to come at the last minute. No pre-payment, pay on the day. So please let us know.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.