Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events
2013 Team Associated AARCMCC On Road National Championships >

2013 Team Associated AARCMCC On Road National Championships

2013 Team Associated AARCMCC On Road National Championships

Old 09-03-2013, 06:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Daniel

The lack of electric numbers goes towards their lack of understanding of running an Electric nationals and all the rubbish that has been going on to date.

Too many of our Nationals have been held by clubs with no interest in electric racing .... just interested in the funds
Old 09-03-2013, 07:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cannon
Daniel

The lack of electric numbers goes towards their lack of understanding of running an Electric nationals and all the rubbish that has been going on to date.

Too many of our Nationals have been held by clubs with no interest in electric racing .... just interested in the funds
Maybe you know more than I do about the motives of the club involved. I don't know. My natural proclivity is to assume that any club that runs a particular discipline wants it to flourish.

Maybe their officials need to gain more experience, if so this can easily be fixed by bringing in knowledgeable people from other clubs. But people from other disciplines can run meetings well. I'll use myself as an example: at the 2011 IC OFR States I was head referee, at the 2013 iteration I was Race Director. Another State Championship offered me money to come and run their meeting this year (unfortunately I'm already overcommitted). I've never raced IC OFR, my experience in it comes from running a club that does.
Old 09-03-2013, 09:04 PM
Tech Regular

These kinds of discussions happen wheather ON ROAD OR OFF ROAD IC or EP. Year after Year the argument on entry popped its ugly head up in IC OFF ROAD, which in turn AARCMCC (me being part of at that time) capped the price no more arguments. The fact that the rules state

" 2.4 Finances

2.4.1 The host club must price the entry fee appropriately., NO CAP IT
2.4.2 The host club, once selected, is fully and totally responsible for all finances and funding for the Championship
2.4.3 The entry fee for subsequent classes should be less than the initial entry fee."
Its wording leaves it open still to interpretation, a club in turn should look and see if they have the funds to host this kind of event, with the return coming back from entries, If the club can't aford T-SHIRTS dont supply them, (this in turn bumps the prices up so really no need), NO-ONE really eats the put on lunches or dinners anymore, SCRAP THAT COMPLETELY (they've become less appartizing over the years anyway)
This will be the first controlled on road nationals event I've done so it's all new to me. I ordered the controll tyres yesterday for practicing on and the price is what it is, if you knew the wholesale price this discussion would not be happening
Yes RIDES would come in cheaper but, have you gone to the RIDE factory for your pricing as a dealer, or is that the price you get them for with no return for yourself ?? LH probablly went to the distributor here, what are they putting on top??, it is them that need these posts not the club ??? Is the club putting on top to make profit???
Is a controlled tyre event suppose be to cut the cost of tyres down and limit there use to the agreed sets available, lucky this isn't 1/8th TRUGGY off road, $150 a set retail and no limits new every race if you wished there are so many variables that can come about with controlled tyre events WHY? does it make it a level playing feild, I dont think so as cream always rises to the top, the tyre brands should be coming to the party, I would of thought with the sheer volume alone would be enough to warrant there sponsorship, and the people who start to change to there tyre because it worked well creating sales for them in the future, or is this just all to old skool...

Just my $5.50 worth Lets just be thankful they are willing to take this on, and lets hope if they get stuck with any problems they ask for help
DONT BIT ME I'M NOT HAVING A GO AT ANYONE I'M JUST SICK OF SEEING THIS STUFF NO MATTER WHAT CLASS I DO EVERY YEAR FOR THE PAST 6 YEARS no more posts from me here see you all at the nationals
Old 09-04-2013, 05:46 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DIRTMONKEY
These kinds of discussions happen wheather ON ROAD OR OFF ROAD IC or EP. Year after Year the argument on entry popped its ugly head up in IC OFF ROAD, which in turn AARCMCC (me being part of at that time) capped the price no more arguments. The fact that the rules state

" 2.4 Finances

2.4.1 The host club must price the entry fee appropriately., NO CAP IT
2.4.2 The host club, once selected, is fully and totally responsible for all finances and funding for the Championship
2.4.3 The entry fee for subsequent classes should be less than the initial entry fee."
Its wording leaves it open still to interpretation, a club in turn should look and see if they have the funds to host this kind of event, with the return coming back from entries, If the club can't aford T-SHIRTS dont supply them, (this in turn bumps the prices up so really no need), NO-ONE really eats the put on lunches or dinners anymore, SCRAP THAT COMPLETELY (they've become less appartizing over the years anyway)
This will be the first controlled on road nationals event I've done so it's all new to me. I ordered the controll tyres yesterday for practicing on and the price is what it is, if you knew the wholesale price this discussion would not be happening
Yes RIDES would come in cheaper but, have you gone to the RIDE factory for your pricing as a dealer, or is that the price you get them for with no return for yourself ?? LH probablly went to the distributor here, what are they putting on top??, it is them that need these posts not the club ??? Is the club putting on top to make profit???
Is a controlled tyre event suppose be to cut the cost of tyres down and limit there use to the agreed sets available, lucky this isn't 1/8th TRUGGY off road, $150 a set retail and no limits new every race if you wished there are so many variables that can come about with controlled tyre events WHY? does it make it a level playing feild, I dont think so as cream always rises to the top, the tyre brands should be coming to the party, I would of thought with the sheer volume alone would be enough to warrant there sponsorship, and the people who start to change to there tyre because it worked well creating sales for them in the future, or is this just all to old skool...

Just my $5.50 worth Lets just be thankful they are willing to take this on, and lets hope if they get stuck with any problems they ask for help
DONT BIT ME I'M NOT HAVING A GO AT ANYONE I'M JUST SICK OF SEEING THIS STUFF NO MATTER WHAT CLASS I DO EVERY YEAR FOR THE PAST 6 YEARS no more posts from me here see you all at the nationals
Well said
Lets get positive about having some fun with mates
If u don't want to come the rest of use don't wanna here about it
Old 09-04-2013, 02:50 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gascar 24
Well said
Lets get positive about having some fun with mates
If u don't want to come the rest of use don't wanna here about it
Problem is, we do want to come. The thing is, do they want us to come?
Not listening to comments by people in the EP racing world makes it look like they run it their way whether we like it or not.

Max
Old 09-04-2013, 08:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 2themax
Problem is, we do want to come. The thing is, do they want us to come?
Of course we do.

All comments made on here have been seen. I personally have bigger things to worry about than what is said on here. To me this is the least of my worries, especially considering my level of involvement in the organisation of this event to date.

I also do not respond to anything where I don't have the answer or does not justify a response, especially where what's said is speculation. I have no desire to get into any arguments (see my paragraph above as to why). The thing is that those that do have the answers have no interest in gettting involved in the sort of carry on that occurs on an Internet forum. Would you blame them?

It's one thing to not want to come to an event. That's fine, just don't feel the need to shout it from the roof tops. There are events I've not gone to, but do you hear anything from me about it? No.

I know that there have been things that have been said and done to date. There is no changing anything. We all need to work to make this the best event we can. From the organisers who will be pulling everything together, to the competitors who will enter and run at the event.

To quote Jack Nicholson: "Why can't we all just get along?"
Old 09-04-2013, 10:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Swanny
Of course we do.

All comments made on here have been seen. I personally have bigger things to worry about than what is said on here. To me this is the least of my worries, especially considering my level of involvement in the organisation of this event to date.

I also do not respond to anything where I don't have the answer or does not justify a response, especially where what's said is speculation. I have no desire to get into any arguments (see my paragraph above as to why). The thing is that those that do have the answers have no interest in gettting involved in the sort of carry on that occurs on an Internet forum. Would you blame them?

It's one thing to not want to come to an event. That's fine, just don't feel the need to shout it from the roof tops. There are events I've not gone to, but do you hear anything from me about it? No.

I know that there have been things that have been said and done to date. There is no changing anything. We all need to work to make this the best event we can. From the organisers who will be pulling everything together, to the competitors who will enter and run at the event.

To quote Jack Nicholson: "Why can't we all just get along?"
Dear Swanny,

You have not given me any choice but to use a public forum. (See attached image)

I want to speak directly to someone in the club, HOW DO I DO THIS?

I'd like to race but seriously the entry fee is ridiculous. This is a hobby and prices should reflect this, we don't get prize money for winning! I don't care about what IC do and charge this is EP. This years Offroad Nats were $45 first class, I've played my part in organising major events (Offroad) I know the costs involved.

Can you PM me a contact detail for an appropriate person.
Attached Thumbnails 2013 Team Associated AARCMCC On Road National Championships-contact-us.jpg  

Last edited by Mr RC Centre; 09-04-2013 at 10:46 PM.
Old 09-08-2013, 06:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Any news on tyre availability yet? Im Keen to come up and practice on them ASAP.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:38 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Benzaah
Any news on tyre availability yet? Im Keen to come up and practice on them ASAP.
SA Hobbies should be getting some this week. Stay tuned for an announcement here and on their Facebook page.
Old 09-10-2013, 12:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I recently saw a video of the proposed track layout for the nationals. I really hope its not the final layout and that some common sense prevails and a more normal layout is used. A few people have seen it and all said they are not coming after seeing it. In my opinion its way too short, especially for mod. There is no point in having a track, if you only use half of it...

my 2c

Antoni
Old 09-10-2013, 03:01 PM
Tech Initiate

Antoni

If possible could you post a link to this video

Thanks Fred

Originally Posted by Yokomo_Ant3
I recently saw a video of the proposed track layout for the nationals. I really hope its not the final layout and that some common sense prevails and a more normal layout is used. A few people have seen it and all said they are not coming after seeing it. In my opinion its way too short, especially for mod. There is no point in having a track, if you only use half of it...

my 2c

Antoni
Old 09-12-2013, 09:08 PM
Tech Master

I've just been on the phone to SA Hobbies and some tyres are at the importers (Ace Hobbies). Shops should be able to get some tyres next week.

We were trying a different layout to try and reduce the terminal speeds on the front straight for safety reasons. Similarly we would not be keen on high terminal speed on the back straight either. We would more than welcome any input at the next race meeting on the 22nd.
Old 09-12-2013, 10:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Swanny
We were trying a different layout to try and reduce the terminal speeds on the front straight for safety reasons. Similarly we would not be keen on high terminal speed on the back straight either. We would more than welcome any input at the next race meeting on the 22nd.
This is a big cop out for all electric drivers, we can't go fast on the straight but the nitro/gas cars can? So for club meets, are they going to run the same track layout for "safety reasons"? If not then this is pretty stupid considering our cars are smaller and half the weight!! What's the real reason for this? ...

If I am not working on the 22nd in the morning ill come down for a chat.

Antoni
Old 09-12-2013, 10:10 PM
Tech Initiate

Sounds like some sorry ass excuse so sweep tires don't explode. How come the nitro guys can use the full strait and have no problems with terminal speeds on the front straight? What a croc of shite! Pull ya heads in rrcsa.
Old 09-12-2013, 10:11 PM
Tech Initiate

Why?? Mod is more safer for spectators and marshals than 1/8th Nitro because if air gets under a 1/8th it becomes a missile at 100 kPH, I have never seen 1/10th electric tourer take off like a 1/8th nitro

(We were trying a different layout to try and reduce the terminal speeds on the front straight for safety reasons. Similarly we would not be keen on high terminal speed on the back straight either. We would more than welcome any input at the next race meeting on the 22nd.[/QUOTE]

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.