Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events
2013 Team Associated AARCMCC On Road National Championships >

2013 Team Associated AARCMCC On Road National Championships

2013 Team Associated AARCMCC On Road National Championships

Old 09-01-2013, 02:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Tires should be available next week hopefully. Ace Hobby are the Sweep importers so it's probably best to try them next week.
Old 09-01-2013, 03:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Make sure the tyres you buy or order from your LHS the part number matches exactly. There was a few of us that were caught out by buying practice sets from a hobby store only to find out once we got to the track they were slightly different. Different part number due to a different rim.
This was for the ACT Titles.
Old 09-01-2013, 11:39 PM
Tech Regular

I know the controll tyres come unglued so the part number when confirmed should make it a no brainer it will be the rim I suppose that could get you, was there a dedicated SWEEP rim being used???

The SWEEPS for TC need to be ordered throught the club for the nats YES ??
Old 09-02-2013, 12:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (98%+)

I think Ace Hobbies is a wholesale only, you may need to contact your LHS guys.

Rhys

Originally Posted by Vince.D
Tires should be available next week hopefully. Ace Hobby are the Sweep importers so it's probably best to try them next week.
Old 09-02-2013, 09:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I just can't get past the entry fee. Can someone from the organising committee please explain how $80 is appropriate?

2.4 Finances

2.4.1 The host club must price the entry fee appropriately.
2.4.2 The host club, once selected, is fully and totally responsible for all finances and funding for the
Championship.
2.4.3 The entry fee for subsequent classes should be less than the initial entry fee.
Old 09-02-2013, 09:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

The last nationals in qld were $45 first class and that included a tee shirt! They should have copied and pasted that entry form. Maybe the $80 includes a set of tyres? 45 and 35 is 80
Old 09-02-2013, 09:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

I believe the $80 includes a BBQ ..... expensive sausage sandwich

As I had said previously , it is simply inappropriate clubs (5th scale) cash gouging the Electric Nats

Pity about the tyre price too ... when I offered the Ride tyres the pricing would have allowed a $30 price to the racer. Looks like we are getting gouged on the Sweeps as well
Old 09-03-2013, 04:57 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Entry Fee to IC nats in NSW $90.00 plus $30 extra class and not one negative comment yet . Come on on guys you approached us to use the track the club has been bagged in regards to pit shed too small/stairs too steep /rail not high enough, track till hilly/tyres / entry price. possible pricing of tyres. We still have EP numbers at the club it is not a 5 scale club only, and we are looking forward to a good EP turnout this weekend and IC .

$1.53 a week to enter the main meet of the year.

Looking forward to the EP Nats
Old 09-03-2013, 05:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitro88
Entry Fee to IC nats in NSW $90.00 plus $30 extra class and not one negative comment yet . Come on on guys you approached us to use the track the club has been bagged in regards to pit shed too small/stairs too steep /rail not high enough, track till hilly/tyres / entry price. possible pricing of tyres. We still have EP numbers at the club it is not a 5 scale club only, and we are looking forward to a good EP turnout this weekend and IC .

$1.53 a week to enter the main meet of the year.

Looking forward to the EP Nats
You summed it up perfectly ... expensive entry fees belong with nitro racing ... not electric .. we do not pay that much for any event apart from the AOC event which had to cover the cost of purchasing carpet

As for the cost of the tyres? ... that is a maximum price allowed to be charged .. doesn't mean that you have to charge it. Would be pretty sure that the tyres cost far less than that. Sponsorship by a company should mean you are getting a decent price on the tyres .. that is why it is called sponsorship ... not gouging

And your comment .."we still have electric numbers" .. doesn't sound very convincing on numbers .. how many exactly?
Old 09-03-2013, 05:34 AM
Tech Regular

Default nitro88

Originally Posted by Benzaah
The last nationals in qld were $45 first class and that included a tee shirt! They should have copied and pasted that entry form. Maybe the $80 includes a set of tyres? 45 and 35 is 80

Lets look forward to the racing and having a good time and start posting something positive.

Last edited by nitro88; 09-03-2013 at 05:45 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-03-2013, 05:57 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by cannon
You summed it up perfectly ... expensive entry fees belong with nitro racing ... not electric .. we do not pay that much for any event apart from the AOC event which had to cover the cost of purchasing carpet

As for the cost of the tyres? ... that is a maximum price allowed to be charged .. doesn't mean that you have to charge it. Would be pretty sure that the tyres cost far less than that. Sponsorship by a company should mean you are getting a decent price on the tyres .. that is why it is called sponsorship ... not gouging

And your comment .."we still have electric numbers" .. doesn't sound very convincing on numbers .. how many exactly?
I don't know about the pricing of tyres as it states possible. i have no input into the organising of this event. As a club member for the past six years and one has done a lot of work at the club mainly on the facilities and track along with other volunteers to have it continually bagged is getting wearing. Tell me why an EP event should be half price of an IC event isn't there a lot more power used at an Ep event.

Last edited by nitro88; 09-03-2013 at 06:02 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-03-2013, 01:47 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Infrastructure

Heard about Bob Jane making this statement once, "If we charge twice as much to enter this event, and only half as many racers turn up, then we make the same amount of money and only need half the resources."
Sounds like that business model is getting a run.

Max
Old 09-03-2013, 01:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitro88
I don't know about the pricing of tyres as it states possible. i have no input into the organising of this event. As a club member for the past six years and one has done a lot of work at the club mainly on the facilities and track along with other volunteers to have it continually bagged is getting wearing. Tell me why an EP event should be half price of an IC event isn't there a lot more power used at an Ep event.
From memory back in my nitro days, at an IC nats or states titles even there was an extra day of racing. Heck at moorebank state titles everyone used to rock up on a tuesday and track was at racing conditions already. I highly doubt that will happen here? Correct me if im wrong
Old 09-03-2013, 04:30 PM
Tech Initiate

Haven't raced in Adelaide for years, but I remember 1 event at rrcsa where they put on a bbq with not much food but noticed the didn't cook all the meat.. they probably took it home for themselves i was told.
Old 09-03-2013, 04:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cannon
Greg, could we refrain from this particular line of attack please? There are plenty of wonderful clubs around the country who struggle for members from time to time. Generally, these people are having to try extra hard to build their club. As an example consider Tamworth has the best facilities of any EP ONR club in NSW, but has only 10 members. An event like this, under the right conditions, can help boost those numbers.

If LH have an existing EP club they are trying to build, the fact that the Nitro side of their racing is bigger shouldn't count against them. I offer my own club as an example of what you can achieve if you try and look after both nitro and electric. Maitland was first and EP OFR club, and has hosted two Nationals and numerous State Championships. Over the last 5 years or so we've worked to build our Nitro racing as well, and have now hosted 2 IC OFR States, and have expanded the track to better suit both disciplines. Our EP OFR numbers have grown at the same time. We also race EP ONR, and that's next on my list to build up.

If there happen to be people at LH who aren't convinced of the value of EP, then a well supported Nationals could help show them its worth.

I make no comment on the other criticisms, but let's lay off the you're only a small EP club thing please.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.