Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events
2013 NSW EP10 Off-Road Club Series >

2013 NSW EP10 Off-Road Club Series

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2013 NSW EP10 Off-Road Club Series

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-23-2012, 02:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default 2013 NSW EP10 Off-Road Club Series

Hi Everyone!!

Welcome to the NSW club series 2013 thread. As usual this thread will provide a lot of information with regards to upcoming events and perhaps even the odd sledge here and there

With all that in mind, here is some information for the series in 2013. Over the last 2 years the clubs have worked very well together to run the series in an overall basis, as well as each club having the ability to run their own meeting. To do this, delegates from each club have been meeting every few months to discuss options and requests from club members.

The last couple of meetings have focussed on 2013, with the adoption of SCT as an AARCMCC class for 2013 and the move for stadium truck to a single motor class 10.5 zero degree esc, the club series will adopt those 2 classes for 2013 and there will not be a mod truck or stock truck class.

New for 2013

Points system: there have been a fair few thoughts and ideas passed on from members from all clubs regarding the points system. The general consensus was that the original system didn’t reward top positions enough, as well as didn’t allow a competitor to make up ground following a bad round. With that in mind, the moto gp points system was adopted for the SCT series to see how it would work. The general consensus was everyone was happy with the system so for 2013, the NSW club series will adopt the Moto gp scoring for both the drivers and club points for the year, the points allocation is listed below

1st 25 points
2nd 20 points
3rd 16 points
4th 13 points
5th 11 points
6th 10 points
7th 9 points
8th 8 points
9th 7 points
10th 6 points
11th 5 points
12th 4 points
13th 3 points
14th 2 points
15th 1 point

The only exception to that will be when a class has 10 or less competitors, the club points will be allocated using the F1 points scoring system however the drivers point allocation will remain as the motogp. No dropped round

Entry fees: the clubs have agreed to alter the entry fees for the 2013 championship, the fee structure will be simplified, it will be $25 per class, this means that if you’re only racing one class, you’re racing is a little cheaper, if you are racing 2 classes as the bulk of racers do there is no change to your race fee of $50 for the day, if you elect to race 3 classes, it will be $75 as opposed to the $60 previously

Entry system: The clubs will apply the preferential system for entries which was discussed last year, when entering the race, it will be made clear on the website how to show your first preference for class, then second and third. Entries will be allocated based on preference by the entrant and their ranking in the points. The aim is that 1 week after entries have opened, everyone will know for sure if they will be racing at least one class. For the first round, the previous years’ results will be considered, with truck and SCT we will use a common sense approach and make a call early on how many heats will be run of each class depending on demand

Dates:
Club Series Round 1, Castle Hill: February 24th
Club Series Round 2, Maitland: April 28th
Club Series Round 3, St Ives: June 23rd
Club Series Round 4, Ryde: October 27th

Other notable dates are below. The early start is due to Easter falling at the end of March directly followed by the National titles, this way we’ll be able to blow the cobwebs out in late Feb. This year Oversteer has offered to hold the interclub shield, more details to follow and it will be pending council approval, watch this space. In case of Oversteer being unable to host the event, the host club will default to Maitland as it is their turn

AARCMCC NSW State Championships, Castle Hill: September 6th-8th
Interclub Shield, Oversteer: November 24th

Tyres are open for all classes

Have a Merry Xmas and a Happy new year, we look forward to seeing you in 2013 for another full on season of top notch racing and some fun mixed in there aswell!!

Cheers

Mikey

Last edited by NOFX; 06-11-2013 at 03:07 AM. Reason: no control tyres
Old 12-23-2012, 06:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Nice post Mikey,,,
Here we go again,,haha,,,
Old 12-23-2012, 06:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by doorz
Nice post Mikey,,,
Here we go again,,haha,,,
Thats it mate. Well now I can take my non biased hat off, 2013 is going to be the year of the casso! !
Old 12-23-2012, 06:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

That's great info, really looking forward to the 2013 season.
Should be bigger & better then previous years, as sc is now in.
Old 12-23-2012, 07:30 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by NOFX
Thats it mate. Well now I can take my non biased hat off, 2013 is going to be the year of the casso! !
No way man, we're going to roll Casso again. We're calling it the cassoroll*.

*pronounced casserole.
Old 12-26-2012, 08:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Buggy: Pro-Line Holeshots (M3), AKA Rebars (SS), 2wd front open
Truck: Pro-Line Holeshot-Ts (M3), JConcepts Barcodes (compound pending) Front tyre open
SCT: Pro-Line Sniper (M3), AKA Gridiron (SS) Front tyre open
Well I like control tires in general as its cheaper. I also like open inserts as I'm a fan of closed cells in hole shots in better the club day conditions. Only negative is I can't use my special castle hill tire.

I guess you guys discussed losing people that don't race control tire racing but as most people use holeshots at club level this should be minimal. I would assume everyone buys at least 1 set of tires before a cc round any way.

As for truck I would look at orange or blue barcodes as a good hot weather tire, leaving the holeshots as the damp or dusty conditions.

Is there a motor list or rule set for 10.5? Or is it anything goes as long as its says 10.5 on the can?
Old 12-26-2012, 08:46 PM
Tech Addict

Old 12-27-2012, 02:00 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Tom87
Is there a motor list or rule set for 10.5? Or is it anything goes as long as its says 10.5 on the can?
We're waiting on the AARCMCC rule book to be updated in January for that one.
Old 12-28-2012, 09:43 PM
Tech Champion

Daniel,is the Nosram comet esc approved,it has blinky mode ?
Old 12-28-2012, 10:32 PM
Tech Champion

Daniel,is the Nosram comet esc approved,it has blinky mode ?
Check the two lists here:

http://www.roarracing.com/?page_id=14

and here:

http://www.aarcmcc.org/docs/AARCMCC%...2020120101.pdf

If it is on either list it is legal. Use a part number if you have it rather than a description, more reliable that way.

A quick flick through those lists doesn't reveal a Nosram unit on the ROAR list. The only Nosram ESCs on the AARCMCC list are called the 'Pearl" The ROAR list may be due for an update soon, but I'm not sure. The AARCMCC list was mainly added to in the early days of blinky when ROAR's list wasn't as extensive.
Old 12-28-2012, 11:32 PM
Tech Champion

From what people tell me,it's a rebadged lrp,,it needs to be added to list as I own one now,,will leave it in your capable hands....
Thankyou,,
Old 12-29-2012, 12:44 AM
Tech Champion

From what people tell me,it's a rebadged lrp,,it needs to be added to list as I own one now,,will leave it in your capable hands....
Thankyou,,
If it's a rebadged LRP then find out which model LRP, confirm with the distributor that it is running the same firmware as the LRP etc. and then contact Michael Toms as he has inherited the AARCMCC list, and is the only one who can get it added.
Old 12-29-2012, 02:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

hmmm state titles is only the weekend before coffs harbour World rally championship round. will be a hard task to enter both. I can see it being a busy 2013

Beth

Last edited by evochick; 12-29-2012 at 03:51 AM. Reason: wrong year
Old 12-29-2012, 03:07 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Radio Active
If it's a rebadged LRP then find out which model LRP, confirm with the distributor that it is running the same firmware as the LRP etc. and then contact Michael Toms as he has inherited the AARCMCC list, and is the only one who can get it added.
It runs different firmware to the sxx series of escs
Old 12-29-2012, 03:09 PM
Tech Addict

Yeah it's the same as the Lrp flow which is replacing the sxx/pearl units

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.