Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events
2012 AARCMCC IC National Championships >

2012 AARCMCC IC National Championships

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 AARCMCC IC National Championships

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 03:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

ooopppps i went to bed to early and forgot the count down, only 21 more sleeps to go!!!!
Old 09-05-2012, 03:03 PM
Tech Elite

Default Hi Five to all them mums!

Originally Posted by Chickentrader
I sympathise with all those that have young families that they need to go home to quickly; but Saturday evening is preparation for finals night for us, and I don't think that the distraction of a banquet that night would work well with us. We see the Sunday night banquet as great opportunity to unwind, have chat and laugh about what happened at the event, and we probably wouldn't like to see it changed.

We have travelled to Adelaide, and Melbourne over the last couple of years for the Nats, and we have been fortunate enough in our family to be able make arrangements to attend the banquets, despite having a family of 9 and a 12 year old kids. I do however recognize; that our family situation may be unique, and that it might not be that easy for most others.

The Melbourne banquet was just awesome. Many thanks to MRCCR for organising it.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
The difference for people like Trevor, Gary, Warren, PJ and all pit-dads, is that it's our sons that are driving. For Alex, Minh, Andrew and co, they are leaving mum and the kids to go solo and it's pretty cool of mum to let their hubbies run off without the kids to play with their little cars.

How about.... I setup a video camera on the night as I won't be shooting at the event. That way they can at least not feel left out and watch it later
Old 09-05-2012, 03:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

I miss you Harry!!!
Old 09-05-2012, 04:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blis
The difference for people like Trevor, Gary, Warren, PJ and all pit-dads, is that it's our sons that are driving. For Alex, Minh, Andrew and co, they are leaving mum and the kids to go solo and it's pretty cool of mum to let their hubbies run off without the kids to play with their little cars.

How about.... I setup a video camera on the night as I won't be shooting at the event. That way they can at least not feel left out and watch it later
Harry you hit the nail on the head...... I had to do some serious bargaining to get the 3 days (fri-sun).

I know there are people up there from Wednesday. Wednesday to Monday is 6 days.....

Anyway I dont think we will come up with a solution as everyone has different ideas.

Lars is right the Saturday night idea for the banquet was not a good one. But I think we should maybe look at trying to shrink the length of the sanctioned meetings so that we dont have to spend a week away just to enjoy a race meeting.
Old 09-05-2012, 04:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by barg
Harry you hit the nail on the head...... I had to do some serious bargaining to get the 3 days (fri-sun).

I know there are people up there from Wednesday. Wednesday to Monday is 6 days.....

Anyway I dont think we will come up with a solution as everyone has different ideas.

Lars is right the Saturday night idea for the banquet was not a good one. But I think we should maybe look at trying to shrink the length of the sanctioned meetings so that we dont have to spend a week away just to enjoy a race meeting.
WHAT!! me hijacking your Misses Calender didnt work???
Old 09-05-2012, 06:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigredspeed
WHAT!! me hijacking your Misses Calender didnt work???
It definetly helped!!! Put the topic on the table for disscission.
Old 09-05-2012, 07:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I must say i did enjoy the banquet at the Adelaide nats (home state and no rush to do anything sunday) but i can see how it can be hard when travelling interstate...

I think it would be a great idea to shorten the amount of time needed to attend these race meets... at this point its not the meeting itself, its more the practise in the days leading up to the event itself that kinda extends the time...

In gas offroad the tracks are closed in the lead up to major events, with no one accessing the track till the first practise round... it negates any advantage in arriving 3 days prior to the event...

Maybe its things like this that can be looked at?
Old 09-05-2012, 08:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by barg
It definetly helped!!! Put the topic on the table for disscission.
Oh good then, if only you knew what we had to go through to write you in for the nationls on Nats Calender, ok I will tell you, well we had to wait for her to leave the room,This came good when we bribed Jordan with Lollies to stroll out the front yard but once we told him the jumping castle was up and ready, the kid didnt just walk for the first time he ran which then had Nat chasing him screaming look he is running OMG he is running!! then when the opputanity was right, Johnny G manned the windows with his AK 47 locked and loaded, Snowy doing his shifty patrols around the Vinicty where Nat was in the front yard, ready to give the signal of when Nat was coming back in, meanwhile through out this time I had to pic the lock and chain around the calender, find a pen that worked and then filled you in!! what a mission that was.

So glad your coming now, now we can celebrate my birthday on the 28th together, DA BOYS IN THE HOUSE!!!
Old 09-05-2012, 08:50 PM
tjk
Tech Addict

It's funny you should talk about shortening the meetings. When it was decided to change the format of State Champs, to reduce the time for the event, the host club was given the option of running 5 minute qualifiers to further reduce the length of the States. Since that time no club has taken the option of 5 minute heats.

To make sure we can get through the meeting we need to go straight in to qualifying on Friday morning. This means Concours, Drivers Briefing and Practice by heats need to be held on Thursday afternoon.

As we have no current results to work out the rankings we have decided to organise the Heats based on peoples times from Practice. From Thursday morning Tourer and 8th will be split into 2 groups of each and have 15 minutes at a time for each group. The average of your best 3 consecutive laps will be used for rankings. If someone is not there or does not record times up to their normal standard we will not be ranking them below where we feel they should be.

Hope this makes sense.
Old 09-05-2012, 10:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

So glad your coming now, now we can celebrate my birthday on the 28th together, DA BOYS IN THE HOUSE!!!
Where is my invite?
Old 09-05-2012, 10:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

LOL... good luck to us guys qualified on sat morning, we all be driving 1/2 drunk..lol..omg.
Old 09-05-2012, 11:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr-s413bt
I must say i did enjoy the banquet at the Adelaide nats (home state and no rush to do anything sunday) but i can see how it can be hard when travelling interstate...

I think it would be a great idea to shorten the amount of time needed to attend these race meets... at this point its not the meeting itself, its more the practise in the days leading up to the event itself that kinda extends the time...

In gas offroad the tracks are closed in the lead up to major events, with no one accessing the track till the first practise round... it negates any advantage in arriving 3 days prior to the event...

Maybe its things like this that can be looked at?
I agree with Glenn that we should look into shorten the length of the meeting, I believe everyone have work and family commitment which can make it difficult for some.(getting time off from home is much much more harder and stressful then getting leave from work)

example is European Championship they can do it in 3 days with 4 x 7mins qualify and with much more entry then us I dont see why we cant make it happen, we can do 4 x 10mins or 6 x 5mins. also I like to see if we can adapt their final system as well where everyone in the Main Final have to go through Semi then it will further reduce time of not having TOP 4 practice.

just my 2c
Tommy

Last edited by tl2111; 09-05-2012 at 11:37 PM.
Old 09-05-2012, 11:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tl2111
I agree with Glenn that we should look into shorten the length of the meeting, I believe everyone have work and family commitment which can make it difficult for some.(getting time off from home is much much more harder and stressful then getting leave from work)

example is European Championship they can do it in 3 days with 4 x 7mins qualify and with much more entry then us I dont see why we cant make it happen, we can do 4 x 10mins or 6 x 5mins. also I like to see if we can adapt their final system as well where everyone in the Main Final have to go through Semi then it will further reduce time of not having TOP 4 practice.

just my 2c
Tommy
The Italian Championship rounds are basically “officially” run over 2 days, see attached program.

As with every round (there are 3 over the course of the season) there is generally between 90-110 entries.

As you can see from the program qualifying officially starts Saturday and it all finishes Sunday afternoon.

Without going into intricate details it can be done but the structure of our race meetings would need to change, eg.

Scrutineering:

My chassis was engraved to show it was presented, was it checked... No it’s the responsibility of the drive/mechanic to make sure its legal.

Rain Day:

Doesn’t exist... If it rains or its damp you continue on...

There are a host of other things I can mention that logistically make the running of major race meetings like these run efficiently, and I think we can probably learn a thing or two from this and make our events easier to run for the clubs etc in Oz.
Attached Files

Last edited by Kyle Hazell; 09-05-2012 at 11:45 PM. Reason: Spacing
Old 09-06-2012, 12:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tjk
It's funny you should talk about shortening the meetings. When it was decided to change the format of State Champs, to reduce the time for the event, the host club was given the option of running 5 minute qualifiers to further reduce the length of the States. Since that time no club has taken the option of 5 minute heats.

To make sure we can get through the meeting we need to go straight in to qualifying on Friday morning. This means Concours, Drivers Briefing and Practice by heats need to be held on Thursday afternoon.

As we have no current results to work out the rankings we have decided to organise the Heats based on peoples times from Practice. From Thursday morning Tourer and 8th will be split into 2 groups of each and have 15 minutes at a time for each group. The average of your best 3 consecutive laps will be used for rankings. If someone is not there or does not record times up to their normal standard we will not be ranking them below where we feel they should be.

Hope this makes sense.
Like in most debates like this one; most of the input comes from those that want to change things; whilst those that are happy the way it is stay silent. I do not believe that the majority of players here want to make it shorter. We have entrants here that are travelling from far and even overseas, and though I cannot speak for any of them; I certainly wouldn’t waste my time to travel far to an event that runs for only say two days. Perhaps we would have travelled to Sydney, but there is no way we would have bothered to travel to Adelaide and Melbourne in that case. This is a National Titles event, and as such needs to be both big and different from lesser Title events, and that same goes for State Titles. To downsize any of them to a shorter format would to me; make it only like resembling a glorified Interclub event.

We’re not amongst them, but I take my hat off to those that are brave enough to enter into more than one class. I just wonder how they would find time to race, marshall and service their cars with a shortened format. The present format with 6 qualifiers allows them to not race in all 6, and still qualify well in both classes to my way of thinking. But then I could be wrong, since we don’t enter into two classes.

I must also admit in this that I totally fail to understand Harry’s point that it easier for someone to travel with one of his kids to events; it would be so much easier to both travel and stay longer f or me alone if wanted to take part. A couple of things that makes it much easier with a kid is the timing of the Nats (the usual timing like this year) and the NSW Titles at Easter, and I see the timing for them as a very big help, but to say that it is easier to travel with one of the kids does not make sense at all to regardless of convenient timing.

I do recognize that the situation is completely different for many, but I would be very disappointed with any shortening of these important events.

Also I would again like to express my sincere thanks to MRCCR, NSWRCRCC and RRCSA for permitting the use of their tracks for practice before the events.

The average of your best 3 consecutive laps used for rankings like IFMAR should take care of controversies once and for all. and perhaps a down grade could be allowed upon request if two members of a family has trouble with pitting in the same race.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Old 09-06-2012, 04:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

+1 for Tommy!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.